Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs-fruit & Veg???

Options
  • 18-10-2011 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello, I was wondering is it ok to feed my dogs a fresh piece of fruit or veg everyday?? I know that some are toxic to dogs e.g grapes, fruit seeds, onions and also does the veg have to be cooked or can i give it to them raw?? any info would be great, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I give my dogs carrot as treats and for training. They love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

Some of my dogs help themselves in the veggie garden. Cabbage seems to be a favourite, whole cabbage demolished in a couple of hours. Windfall apples are another, one dog even jumps up against the tree to get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Carrots and peppers are a firm favourite with mine, as are bananas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Mine love carrots and apples (raw), avocado, steamed broccoli and so on. At the moment they go crazy for butternut squash. When I start chopping and peeling one they don't leave me out of their eyes :D
    They turn up their noses on bananas and mushrooms and anything that is too squishy. Another no-go is celery.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mrsbrady

the vet told me to give our two dogs plenty of veg to help them with their anal glands, shouldnt have to get them emptied then too often (TMI i know!!)

i'll do anything to avoid that, ugh!

no corn though and no grapes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I give my two raw carrots, the older one loves them, the younger one not so much, must try the apples. That's interesting about the anal glands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Another no-go is celery.

smart doggies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I call my dogs the Fruit Bats - they love all fruit , peel a banana near them and the drool is everywhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tylerjones553

My dog just love Banana he is always jumping with excitement whenever he saw it.

Advertisement