Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend: 26-27/09/08

• 25-09-2008 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

26 Sep 2008
    Cork City v UCD Turner's Cross
    Drogheda United 7:45 Galway United United Park
    Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians :cool: Tolka Park (7:35 I think - RTE have it 7:45) Can the Sham salvage any pride this season?
    Bray Wanderers 7:45 Finn Harps Carlisle Grounds
    27 Sep 2008
    Sligo Rovers 8:00 Cobh Ramblers The Showgrounds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

26 Sep 2008

2:0 | Cork City v UCD Turner's Cross
    1:0 | Drogheda United v Galway United United Park
    0:2 | Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians Tolka Park
    1:1 | Bray Wanderers v Finn Harps Carlisle Grounds

27 Sep 2008

0:0 | Sligo Rovers v Cobh Ramblers The Showgrounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

City Vs UCD tomorrow night will be a cracker. Wait actually. No, it won't. Hopefully with all the talk of a new owner and full wages to be paid by the middle of october this will get the players well up for it and out a few past them.

All season ticket holders are getting 3 freebies each as well, so hopefully that will increase the crowd somewhat.

I wonder will we get to hear "Joxer, who's your Da" :rolleyes: at Tolka again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

Trilla wrote: »

OhNoYouDidn't will be on in no time to correct you there. The shams don't sing nasty songs or do anything wrong - EVER. As you should know by now Trilla! :pac:

26 Sep 2008

2:0 | Cork City v UCD Turner's Cross
    1:1 | Drogheda United v Galway United United Park
    0:2 | Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians Tolka Park
    1:0 | Bray Wanderers v Finn Harps Carlisle Grounds

27 Sep 2008

2:0 | Sligo Rovers v Cobh Ramblers The Showgrounds

Pats to beat Sporting Fingal 2:1 in the cup quarter final replay.

Publin wrote: »
    OhNoYouDidn't will be on in no time to correct you there. The shams don't sing nasty songs or do anything wrong - EVER.

They had a lovely song about Wayne Donoghue a few years ago as well :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

gimmick wrote: »
    They had a lovely song about Wayne Donoghue a few years ago as well :rolleyes:

And Cork fans used to have a great song about Dubs and Pakis. :rolleyes:

Shels to stroll past Kildare in Tolka tonight. Too little, too late though....

No comparison bettwen the admittedly racist one City sang many years ago, and what the Shams fan sung at the start of the 2005 season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

All's fair in...

KO is 7.35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Where is ONYD and his ritual pre-derby hubris anyway? It's been far too quiet around here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I hope your predictions are right and Bray do actually score a goal, sick of our baron spell at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ah the annual hosting of our friends from Pigsboro, who are chuffed about buying the league with money they dont have. Think the main event is actually your EGM (50 of your knuckle-draggers have finally realised whats going on it seems) and the court case coming up. Be sure to bring your legions of toerags with you to stone our buses and the like, as usual.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Ah the annual hosting of our friends from Pigsboro

good man, havin a bad day?
    who are chuffed about buying the league with money they dont have.

your point is?
    Think the main event is actually your EGM (50 of your knuckle-draggers have finally realised whats going on it seems) .

border line personal there bosco... did someone pee pee in your all bran?
    Be sure to bring your legions of toerags with you to stone our buses and the like, as usual.

:rolleyes: what a muppet

Ah the annual hosting of our friends from Pigsboro

:confused: Annual hosting? You've already played us in your "home" ground of Tolka this season. Remember? We beat your team of minnows?...

Also, we're not your friends ;)
    who are chuffed about buying the league with money they dont have.

Unlike the sham teams of the 80s?... And as a matter of fact, we do have the money. There was a deal struck with Liam Carroll to sell our ground in return for many millions and a new stadium that we'll own. We don't spend money we can't repay, unlike some clubs...[/QUOTE]
    Think the main event is actually your EGM (50 of your knuckle-draggers have finally realised whats going on it seems) and the court case coming up.

Nothing to do with the match. As for knuckle draggers :D, people in glass houses... the shams have a far larger element of scumbags, and we at least acknowledge our problem and ban people.
    Be sure to bring your legions of toerags with you to stone our buses and the like, as usual.

You run buses to your home games? :confused: From Tallaght to Tolka is it?...

Last time any buses got stoned indiscriminately by a large number of "fans", it was by your hooligans after a "home" game in Inchicore a few years back. The Gardai held Bohs fans back for 15 minutes, while sham fans were let out. Sham fans used this time to arm themselves with stones and whatever else they could lay their hands on. Dublin Bus buses were right outside to take Bohs fans into the city centre. Didn't stop sham "fans" lining up and bricking the buses. Nearly got a smack of a stone myself, the poor kid who was about 11 or 12 and was queuing to get onto the bus beside me caught it in the side of the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ah the annual hosting of our friends from Pigsboro, who are chuffed about buying the league with money they dont have. Think the main event is actually your EGM (50 of your knuckle-draggers have finally realised whats going on it seems) and the court case coming up. Be sure to bring your legions of toerags with you to stone our buses and the like, as usual.

Ah, the delicious irony of a Rovers fan accusing others of being knuckle-draggers and toerags!

Nearly got a smack of a stone myself, the poor kid who was about 11 or 12 and was queuing to get onto the bus beside me caught it in the side of the head.

I was getting worried. A long post about bus-stoning and thought there was going to be no mention of a poor kid who was about 11 or 12

Nice advert for the LOI bashers here. Thanks.

Waffling about rare, dopey schooligan incidents and ignoring the fact that Bohs are p8ssing on the other teams in the league who are trying to live within their means just because you're obsessed with being the Big Club, but could end up broke and in the first division by next season.

stovelid wrote: »
    I was getting worried. A long post about bus-stoning and thought there was going to be no mention of a poor kid who was about 11 or 12

Nice advert for the LOI bashers here. Thanks.

:confused: sorry, maybe I should pretend it didn't happen? For the record, I had no intention of mentioning anything bus stoning etc. until a deluded hoop (CiaranC) decided to accuse Bohs fans of stoning sham buses. I was only setting him straight. Plenty of worse stuff happens at derby games around the world anyway. As for it being a bad advertisment, just read the Herald or any other newspaper the day before or day after a Dublin derby, and there'll be some mention of violence in it, the Irish media love to get a dig in at the LoI. Anecdotal evidence of some randomer on a message board is hardly going to be the thing that puts people off. I wouldn't worry anyway, nobody bar the usual few even pay any attention LoI threads on here.
    Waffling about rare, dopey schooligan incidents and ignoring the fact that Bohs are p8ssing on the other teams in the league who are trying to live within their means

Like Pats, Drogs and Cork were? :rolleyes: Cork aside, the other two are spending more than us. Or maybe you mean Cobh, Sligo, Galway and Cork, who all spent their way into trouble this year alone?

Slightly ironic for a sham fan and presumably fully signed up member of the 4% club to be lecturing Bohs fans about living within their means.
    just because you're obsessed with being the Big Club, but could end up broke and in the first division by next season.

Yep, we are THE BIG CLUB. Broke and in the first division :confused:? What are you basing that on? Dalymount is worth circa. €50m at present.

:confused: sorry, maybe I should pretend it didn't happen?

We both know how rarely it happens. Not belittling the kid. Why should any of us do the Herag's work for them?

Like Pats, Drogs and Cork were? :rolleyes: Cork aside, the other two are spending more than us. Or maybe you mean Cobh, Sligo, Galway and Cork, who all spent their way into trouble this year alone?

Fair enough, you're not alone.
    Slightly ironic for a sham fan and presumably fully signed up member of the 4% club to be lecturing Bohs fans about living within their means.

I'm a member, yes. Rovers are living within their means. They're legally and comfortably within the wage cap. I don't care what our board did in the past. They were fucked out.
    Yep, we are THE BIG CLUB.

Of course you are. Based on what? League wins? Attendances?
    Broke and in the first division :confused:? What are you basing that on? Dalymount is worth circa. €50m at present.

Dalymount is worth 50M in the same way my gaff is worth 400k: Dependant on some mug taking it off your hands. :)

And you not trying to sell it to two different parties. :)

Cork City v UCD (Cork)
    Drogheda United v Galway United (Drogs)

Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians (Draw)

Bray Wanderers v Finn Harps (Bray)

Sligo Rovers v Cobh Ramblers (Draw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Of course you are. Based on what? League wins?

Give us a few years.

Yep, we are THE BIG CLUB. Broke and in the first division :confused:? What are you basing that on? Dalymount is worth circa. €50m at present.
    You have a BIG overdraft, maybe thats what you are thinking of.

Its nuts the number of Bohs fans who have no idea whats happening at their own club.

• Advertisement

Its nuts the number of Bohs fans who have no idea whats happening at their own club.

I'd rather them not knowing what was happening to everything at their club then coming on here high all mighty abusing and making pointless, insulting, sterotyped and outright stupid remarks. Wouldn't you agree?

Give It Square then, what do we not know?

No reply yet?

Can't wait for tomorrows game in Tolka. Should be a great atmostphere

We both know how rarely it happens. Not belittling the kid. Why should any of us do the Herag's work for them?
    I agree with you there, CiaranC just brought it up, I was merely setting the record straight. People here will find an excuse not to go to games no matter what, it's the sad reality of things and I can't see it changing.
    I'm a member, yes. Rovers are living within their means. They're legally and comfortably within the wage cap.
    As are Bohs.
    Of course you are. Based on what? League wins? Attendances?
    Spending ;) :pac:
    I presume you were referring to me. What exactly don't I know?

As are Bohs.
    Taken a look at your books lately? I suggest you do. See if you can spot the deliberate mistake. If not im sure the lads at the EGM will enlighten you all.

Taken a look at your books lately? I suggest you do. See if you can spot the deliberate mistake. If not im sure the lads at the EGM will enlighten you all.

Yeah I have actually. We're not in breach of the wage cap or any other rules or regulations. I'm not sure what you're getting at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yeah I have actually. We're not in breach of the wage cap or any other rules or regulations. I'm not sure what you're getting at?

Are you serious?:confused:

You's clearly are in breach of it at this very moment.

I prefer ONYD. Equally deluded, but at least he talks about the football.

Deluded. Youre having a laugh. Bohs fans are the very definition of delusion.

The BIG CLUB: a club with lower gates than Cork and Derry, less honours than Rovers and Dundalk, and who bring 22 fans to Latvia with a banner saying "Too BIG for the Intertoto" only to be promptly knocked out, when Pats can muster hundreds to Berlin. Get a grip.

Delusion enough, before we even start talking about the clubs future. :D

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Are you serious?:confused:

You's clearly are in breach of it at this very moment.

Deadly serious. You're quite a sensible poster on here so I'm presuming you too were serious with your statement. I can assure you, we're not in breach of it. We're allowed to count the Carroll money as income (yes I know there's debate/court case which would impact on the eventual receipt of it), however the FAI and more specifically Padraig Smith, the chap in charge of overseeing adherence to the wage cap, are satisified that we're well within the limit. The same was confirmed by Gerry Cuffe, and by the FAI themselves. Our auditors are also happy with it. The FAI see monthly accounts, and have no issues with Bohs in relation to spending.
    The BIG CLUB: a club with lower gates than Cork and Derry, less honours than Rovers and Dundalk, and who bring 22 fans to Latvia with a banner saying "Too BIG for the Intertoto" only to be promptly knocked out, when Pats can muster hundreds to Berlin. Get a grip.

Delusion enough, before we even start talking about the clubs future. :D

When was the last time the shams won anything? I'm glad you take such an interest in The Big Club that you can quote our attendances and banners. I'm sure you know well the story behind the Latvia game and the cause of the poor attendance. Berlin was ever so slightly more accessible... You didn't mention how many we brought to Rhyl.

How did the shams get on in Europe this year by the way?

blah blah blah
    Youre just the new Shelbourne. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Nobody will beat the 4% club though eh?

We still have our own stadium, worth a fair whack of money. How you think we'll end up broke in the near future is beyond me. Please do enlighten me?

We aim to make it last!

Do you want people on here to have a decent conversation/argument with you when you mouth on the way you did at the start of this thread, with the insults and pointless stupid remarks? You just here for the rise or you cant get the major chip off your shoulder?

Do you want people on here to have a decent conversation/argument with you when you mouth on the way you did at the start of this thread, with the insults and pointless stupid remarks? You just here for the rise or you cant get the major chip off your shoulder?

He's just on a wind up to be honest. I've challenged him on pretty much every issue he raised, from the stoning of buses to the financial situation at Bohs, and every time he just responded with something unrelated e.g. enjoy being the new Shelbourne (again, the irony of that coming from a sham fan!). No interest in having a logical, reasoned discussion but rather having an unsupported random swipe at Bohs at every opportunity. I suppose we'll just have to get used to it, fans of minnow clubs are bound to the jealous of The Big Club :).

EDIT: Cannot wait for the game tonight. Let's hope we keep up our winning run. Anyone heading along remember it's a 7:35 kick of for the tv, so don't have that extra pre-match pint ;). It's live on RTE 2 for anyone who might be interested in watching it and can't make it along tonight.

• Advertisement

Calm down everyone! You'll upset all the nice EPL ppl!

2977.jpg

Easy 2-0 win for City last night. UCD to their credit tried to play ball, but City once it went 2-0 just stopped and UCD never really threatened. It was a fairly shcoking game.

On the plus side, it was a win with lots of injuries and suspensions so a few fringe players got a run and gave a good account of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

What does the new stand look like?

Not open yet, but looks very nice. The structure is up, but the cover is not on yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

It has the best view in the ground.

Don't think I could leave my little nook though.

• Advertisement

Deadly serious. You're quite a sensible poster on here so I'm presuming you too were serious with your statement. I can assure you, we're not in breach of it. We're allowed to count the Carroll money as income (yes I know there's debate/court case which would impact on the eventual receipt of it), however the FAI and more specifically Padraig Smith, the chap in charge of overseeing adherence to the wage cap, are satisified that we're well within the limit. The same was confirmed by Gerry Cuffe, and by the FAI themselves. Our auditors are also happy with it. The FAI see monthly accounts, and have no issues with Bohs in relation to spending.

Oh right, I was of the understanding that yous hadn't been given the million or whatever is was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Pats safely through to the semi's. I was particularly impressed with Glen Fitzpatrick last night, largely due to his ability to put away his own crosses:
    Pats dominated the opening period of the second half and the killer second arrived on the hour, with Fitzpatrick powering a header to the net from Glen Fitzpatrick’s cross.
    http://www.eleven-a-side.com/faicup/news.asp?n=34210

While I was delighted to see that we had signed the second best keeper in the country...
    Livewire Sean O'Connor indulged in a training-ground routine from a corner kick with Joseph Ndo, before teasing a wonderful cross through the penalty area, where Tadhg Purcell was waiting to glance it past Barry Murphy's right hand post.

(This bit, I am including gratuitously :D... )
    All was going well for the home side; it was a deserved lead and they developed something of a swagger :pac:approaching the half-time whistle.

Such confidence against this Bohemians side, however, is little short of footballing lunacy and, like so many times before with so many different teams, it proved their downfall as Bohemians bided their time before striking right on the stroke of the interval.

SectionF wrote: »
    While I was delighted to see that we had signed the second best keeper in the country...

He can't even get his game for the shams. Second best my arse.

It does wreck my head though how reports on Bohs matches constantly refer to him as Barry Murphy.

He can't even get his game for the shams.

How did that happen? Is is just Scullyness, or did he have a dip in form?

Dundalk bottling it again?

Two all up in Monaghan. LAst minute equaliser for Mons.

There only 2 points ahead of Waterford now. And still have to go down there.

We defo won't win it anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Thats post of the thread.

€4m more borrowed down the IFSC and the Bozo's still aren't asking questions.

Publin is classic Bozo. Gerry says its ok, so its ok. The same Gerry who sold land to Albion, announced it in a blaze of glory and then denied doing it. It is very simple. If the Liam Carroll money arrives, you are under 65%. If it does not you are at 90%. The issue here is that you knew full well he would not pay until the albion issue is sorted and that is unlikely to be this season. Hence the split on the BFC board. If it can be proven that the board of BFC knew this when submitting the accounts it is straight down the line cheating.

The Harristown deal is dead. They are millions in debt, in clear breach of the wage cap and still won't say boo despite being a members club. The wheels could come off as soon as the Albion court case next month.

SectionF wrote: »
    How did that happen? Is is just Scullyness, or did he have a dip in form?

He is injured, but carry on.

Thats post of the thread.

€4m more borrowed down the IFSC and the Bozo's still aren't asking questions.

Publin is classic Bozo. Gerry says its ok, so its ok. The same Gerry who sold land to Albion, announced it in a blaze of glory and then denied doing it. It is very simple. If the Liam Carroll money arrives, you are under 65%. If it does not you are at 90%. The issue here is that you knew full well he would not pay until the albion issue is sorted and that is unlikely to be this season. Hence the split on the BFC board. If it can be proven that the board of BFC knew this when submitting the accounts it is straight down the line cheating.

The Harristown deal is dead. They are millions in debt, in clear breach of the wage cap and still won't say boo despite being a members club. The wheels could come off as soon as the Albion court case next month.

On the land deals afai can tell nothing has been signed with Albion or Liam Carroll both are verbal agreements - so it comes down to the court to decide. Believe me most Bohs fans arent happy about whats going on but when people like ciaranc come on gloating we are obviously going to go on the defensive, read the bohs mb and the discussions are very different. It was the same when Shels fans were accused of having their heads in the sand, talk on their mb was very different, same with Rovers.

Im not a member at the moment as Ive done a lot of travelling during the last few summer seasons so I dont know full details, Im happy to wait for the results of the EGM and particularly the court case before I fully make up my mind however I would be more in favour of the club being run well within our means.

But either way we are sitting on prime land in Dublin city, €58m was Carrolls valuation, take even 20% off that and we can still afford to move and be comfortable.

bohsman wrote: »
    On the land deals afai can tell nothing has been signed with Albion or Liam Carroll both are verbal agreements - so it comes down to the court to decide. Believe me most Bohs fans arent happy about whats going on but when people like ciaranc come on gloating we are obviously going to go on the defensive, read the bohs mb and the discussions are very different. It was the same when Shels fans were accused of having their heads in the sand, talk on their mb was very different, same with Rovers.

Im not a member at the moment as Ive done a lot of travelling during the last few summer seasons so I dont know full details, Im happy to wait for the results of the EGM and particularly the court case before I fully make up my mind however I would be more in favour of the club being run well within our means.

Albion was signed and money changed hands. Carroll is just a head of agreement, one of the conditions being you own the land to sell him in the first place. at the very least BFC have to return the albion money.

the significant question no Bozo will ask is why is an individual member of the BFC board borrowing from a swiss bank and is this reflected in the accounts. why do BFC need a further overdraft of €4m?

the gig is totally fcuked, but hey, so long as you are winning who cares? :rolleyes:

at one level I'm delighted. I like dalymount and am glad its staying. after all, Rovers have won more trohies there than Bohs.€58m was carrolls valuation 4 years ago when there were funds available to develop and was based on the metro going to harristown. try reading a newspaper, those days are gone.

the ability for Bohs to balls it up is uncanny.

• Advertisement
Advertisement