Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

seamus wrote: »
    - Holding hands during the Our Father (WTF)
    Yes, it happened in some happy-clappy places - people would hold hands while reciting the our-father. Not sure, but I'd imagine that's now deprecated behaviour :)
    - Counting the number of people in line so you knew who you'd be sitting beside. Were you split up entering the pews or something? I.e. if there are 3 pews, every 3rd person is sitting beside eachother?
    Haven't seen any church seat people by ones so I imagine it's more likely twenty people in the queue up the middle with eight people per bench, means you could figure out who'd be sitting in front of you and therefore, who'd be most likely to sit on the thumbtack currently resting in one's blazer pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Funny some of the things people were talking about that I never encountered;

- Holding hands during the Our Father (WTF)
    - Counting the number of people in line so you knew who you'd be sitting beside. Were you split up entering the pews or something? I.e. if there are 3 pews, every 3rd person is sitting beside eachother?

Wtf x 2. Never seen or heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

t9rl75P.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Post 1250 ring any bells? :cool:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

356667.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,421 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

t7k3g7.jpg

356755.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

356873.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

I find the "targeted" ad here quite hilarious tbh...

356998.jpg

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    I find the "targeted" ad here quite hilarious tbh...

Kudos to Denmark.

357099.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

cakeordeathoriginalsin.jpg

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

357207.jpg

an0ple.jpg

357325.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

original.jpg?w=800&h

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

357456.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

• Advertisement

r7ov9t.jpg

357607.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

WYXvD77.png

357720.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

small_in_hell.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

792225125_1773627.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

BmHdU.jpg

Silly+jesus+skittles+aren+t+for+you_8b0112_3471379.jpg

yen5qDE.jpg

357894.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'd only contemplate a bumper/window decal like that if I drove a banger. Asking for trouble from a Strident Militant God Botherer. Heck, when I first started doing a blade one all over on my head and found 3 little bald spot chicken pox scars close together in a little triangle, I thought it might be a laugh to write the number 6 in each of them a la Damien. Then I realised I didn't want to risk giving a Paranoid Schizophrenic ideas that I was the devils voice that was in his head and end up with a 6 inch Kitchen knife in my back. :D

Advertisement