Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Estate

• 03-08-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    Another child on the way has me looking at Scenic & piscosso cars but I dont want to rule out an estate.

I would be looking for an estate up to 6000. . Reliablity and low tax are a must. What are my options:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭magunkey

Hello all,

I would be looking for an estate up to 6000.

212215_1.jpg

This one is good value at €5995.00:)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

magunkey wrote: »
    212215_1.jpg

This one is good value at €5995.00:)

Nothing good value about it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

landyman wrote: »

Thanks Landyman. any pictular reason this is better than ford, bmw, audi. Are they known as a reliable version

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Thanks Landyman. any pictular reason this is better than ford, bmw, audi. Are they known as a reliable version

Old tax regime, and the dealer cannot even input the correct engine size.

C5's are like Bovril I reckon. You either love them or hate them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Reliability people....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Audi's and BMW's are for people who think that buying expensive and German you get reliability. Citroens are for people who know that buying cheaper and French can give you just as much reliability, more toys and more comfort for less money.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Reliability people....

Meh....

Its the facelifted late version, most of the mechanical kinks were well sorted out at that stage.

The 1.6 PSA Diesel is fitted to many different cars; Volvos, Fords, MINI, Peugeot and Citroen. Its a reliable unit. Cheap to tax under the old system.

I'd also look at the Volvo V70 estate.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2380461

However its much dearer to tax, but a nice bus all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Meh....

Its the facelifted late version, most of the mechanical kinks were well sorted out at that stage.

The 1.6 PSA Diesel is fitted to many different cars; Volvos, Fords, MINI, Peugeot and Citroen. Its a reliable unit. Cheap to tax under the old system.

However its much dearer to tax, but a nice bus all the same

OP if you get that I'll swap you a Liftback Avensis on Bank Holiday weekends for it.

My dream !!!!!!

Old tax regime, and the dealer cannot even input the correct engine size..........

You won't find many estates for €6000 that are taxed under the new regime now will you?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭magunkey

Meh....

That car, if its kosha, is seriously over priced.

magunkey wrote: »
    That car, if its kosha, is overrpriced by 3K!

Wasnt looking for bargains per say, but rather models for the OP to look at :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd look at going to the UK and picking up a high spec Rover 75 Touring diesel. BMW diesel engine, decent spec and going cheap enough these days.

Advertisement