Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Kinnear Transcript in full

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol at the subliminal "This is the Daily Mirror" messages in the audio.

Fair play to Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Fair play to Joe.

Wouldn't be saying that if I was a Newcastle fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well he's just saying what we're all thinking really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well he's just saying what we're all thinking really.

It was great to watch but if I was a Newcastle fan with their situation I would be pretty mad with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

OPENROAD wrote: »
    It was great to watch but if I was a Newcastle fan with their situation I would be pretty mad with him.
    Me wrote:
    I'm scratching my head here. Usually, most on here seem all too happy to stick the knife into Newcastle when we fcuk up, but not on this occasion? I say this as a Newcastle fan, I am annoyed at Joe, and this tirade doesn't fill me with confidence.

I posted on another messgae board, before this transcript came out, that Joe seemed to be spending alot of his time moaning, and giving out about the press, spilling the beans on who might be buying the club, and that Keegan might be coming back. Just get on with the job FFS!

Take Keegan, when he came back, alot of the press slaughtered him. There were stories ran where they were analysing the bags under his eyes, and giving him all sorts of sh/t. Stories headlined 'The Madness of King Kev'. What did he do? He stayed positive, concentrated on the job, and just got on with things.

Any of the stories that have been ran in the last week, are much tamer than what Keegan had to put up with (and have by an large focused on the club, and not Joe himself), and I just feel that Joe is showing his ring rust. Joe should know that, with everything that has gone on with the club in the last month, and the fact that his appointment is puzzling to most, there was bound to be a few digs from the press. He should know that, and he should know that it comes with the territory. That's why he is being paid something like £60,000 a week at the moment, whereas for the last 4 years, he has been earning sweet FA.

What annoys me most about this, is that Joe was appointed to settle things down, get NUFC back in the papers for footballing reasons, and put some order of stability in the club whilst a prospective buyer is found. Joe's actions have now made sure that that is impossible, at least for the next week, and that NUFC is back in the limelight, for all the wrong reasons again.

Despite what I have said, come Sunday, I will be fully behind JFK, and I will be giving him the benefit of the doubt irrespective of the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

shane86 wrote: »
    Capello, while not saying much, said alot with his angry I want results look (still dont rate him personally mind)
    I'm sorry but this bit just irks me so much. What does a Manager have to do to get respect. He has won 7 Serie A titles and 2 La Liga titles as a Manager. He also won a European Cup.
    I cannot think of any manager who deserves respect if this guy does not.

Advertisement