Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will David Moyes Walk?

• 03-10-2008 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

After a shoddy start to the domestic season and out of Europe before the UEFA Cup group stage, Moyes has still not signed a new contract.

Is he going to throw the towel in?

Mike

Will Moyes Walk? 9 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He shouldn't, imo.

Very good manager.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He's peaked at Everton, but unless Spurs or Liverpool come in for him I'm not sure there's anywhere worthwhile for him to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

He should stay with Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I think he'll walk.

Posted by Tony Barrett on a message board earlier-made me chuckle.
    No talk of money from Moyes last night.
    Which is funny seeing as the Everton side he put out cost in the region of £40m and Standard Liege's cost about 40 florins.
    And that's without even mentioning the fact that Liege had been deprived of their "best player" by the Mersey Millionaires on the last day of the transfer window.
    You could really see the difference £40m makes out there last night Davey Boy. Keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

He's peaked at Everton, but unless Spurs or Liverpool come in for him I'm not sure there's anywhere worthwhile for him to go.

what do you mean he's peaked? the current woes of the club are largely down to a chairman who's not bothered to invest in the club. he's a very good manager, one of the best in the league imo. if he were to walk i'm sure there are quite a few clubs willing to cut their losses and snap him up.

anyway, as to his current situation. it's clear he's waiting for some kind of activity. i'd say he's hoping Kenwright will sell, although perhaps he's waiting for some sort of move on a new stadium, anything basically that will give him more resources to compete with the other clubs.

I'm also wondering if Ferguson's impending retirement has anything to do with it. perhaps he doesn't want to be locked in with everton whenever that time comes around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

what do you mean he's peaked?

I can't see him getting fourth place ever again with Everton and the team is in decline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Can't see him walking out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

he has money though. he was able to spend 15 million that noob fellani.

I can't see him getting fourth place ever again with Everton and the team is in decline.

oh, right. i thought you were suggesting it was his ability as a manager that had peaked. sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

How the hell i heard last week on tv he signed new 5 years contract with Everton?:confused:

• Advertisement

How the hell i heard last week on tv he signed new 5 years contract with Everton?:confused:

he agreed to the terms in principle. he has still yet to actually sign it.

he agreed to the terms in principle. he has still yet to actually sign it.

Oh than they said it wrong,i heard he signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Maybe he could become the United Assistant Manager? :D

Tauren wrote: »

He is not enough famous for so big club:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

He is not enough famous for so big club:D
    He's not stupid enough!!

CHD wrote: »
    He's not stupid enough!!

Stupid to believe he can reach Fergies assistant place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,566 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Tauren wrote: »

We had a debate about that on one of the threads during the summer, I remember being called alot of names for suggesting it. :mad:

He has not signed because promises of finance have not been met, although I think it is less likely he will join United now I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Before anyone says that the United number 2 is a step down, the last 2 assistant managers had 3 of the highest profile postions in world football. England - Madrid - Portugal.

Although I don't know how himself and Mr. Rooney would hit it off.

Boggles;hate to burst your bubble, but the only reason Tauren brought it up (unless i am mistaken) was as a piss take in reference to that stupid argument in the Utd thread about him being number 2 there.

Never gonna happen, plus you already appointed someone into the position unless i am mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

you are mistaken.

Boggles appointed nobody.

Mr Alan wrote: »

Never gonna happen,

Careful now, you have made sweeping statements like that before, it's where I got my sig. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i dont think he'll leave tbh. not untill the summer anyway.
    hes a good manager and has done a good job. if he does go tho i think the Utd #2 position would be a very good move for him

so Boggles, you think Utd will appoint Moyes (a man who despises your star player and recently brought him to court) to a position that Utd have filled in the last few weeks already?

good work.

so Boggles, you think Utd will appoint Moyes (a man who despises your star player and recently brought him to court)

What has Moyes got against Ronaldo? ;)

Yeah your right it is unthinkable that United would replace Mike Phelan.

Boggles wrote: »
    Yeah your right it is unthinkable that United would replace Mike Phelan.

a few weeks after hiring him and singing his praises, with a man who does not get on in the slightest with Wayne Rooney....tbh, it is unthinkable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I want Boggles and Mr Alan as joint managers at Newcastle

a few weeks after hiring him and singing his praises, with a man who does not get on in the slightest with Wayne Rooney....tbh, it is unthinkable.

Not as unthinkable as you make out, actually would make pretty good sense. Replacing Ferguson is going to be a mammoth task, personally I don't think Mike Phelan for all the good he has done is not quite up to the job.

Getting a manager like Moyes in for a couple of years before eventually handing him the reigns, for me anyway is the way to go.

But Master Alan it does not surprise me you find that unthinkable, I did use a heavy dollop of logic. ;)
    monkey9 wrote: »
    I want Boggles and Mr Alan as joint managers at Newcastle

You must read our posts, obviously we are over qualified for such a job. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

To suggest Moyes of becoming assistant manager to United is so laughable.

Oh and Boggles,

McClaren = Failure.
    Quieroz was a failure too and came straight back to United after it.

SantryRed wrote: »
    To suggest Moyes of becoming assistant manager to United is so laughable.

Why, it might be remote. But why is it laughable?

Oh and Boggles,

McClaren = Failure.
    Quieroz was a failure too and came straight back to United after it.

What's that got to do with United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

mike65 wrote: »
    Will David Moyes Walk?
    Was he involved in some kind of accident?

• Advertisement

djpbarry wrote: »
    Was he involved in some kind of accident?

LOL Brilliant!!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Do Everton fans really want him to go I wonder? If he was to leave you'd worry about Everton. I reckon they'd become another Middlesbrough battling it out for mid-table every season.

With that being said I'd agree that Everton may have peaked at this point in time. I can't see them ever breaking into the top four.

I reckon he'll stick it out for the immediate future but I've always viewed him as a potential Celtic manager down the line...

saw an interview with him today on the news where he said he definately would be signing a new contract and may even be completed by the end of the weekend.

is Alan Bizzaro Boggles or is Boggles Bizarro Alan? thats the real question i think

shouldnt you be off somewhere telling people how to spell Milan? :p or something else very important?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What's that got to do with United?

You mentioned in a previous post about the past two managers having three of the top positions in the world.

Just showing how bad they did.

You mentioned in a previous post about the past two managers having three of the top positions in the world.

Just showing how bad they did.

Positions they got because of their very successful association with Man United Football Club.

When McClaren left he had his pick of clubs, he choose Middlesborough, where he went on to become one of their most successful managers in their history. He was poor with England, but there is a string of managers in that line.

As for Queirez I guess you are talking about his time at Madrid, you might want to read up on his short spell there before you pass judgement. Where is he now by the way?

• Advertisement

shouldnt you be off somewhere telling people how to spell Milan? :p or something else very important?

and shouldnt you be trolling the Utd thread ?
    we do wat we do

boggles seems right there tho. Sammy Lee was completely lost at Bolton at the start of last season but seems to be at his right level as the current #2 at liverpool. some assistants can make the step up to the #1 slot but then again some will never have the ability to do it. McClown was at his right level at Middlesborough. England was that step too far.
    We'll see how Queirez gets on in Portugal. i cant see him being better then scolari tho but those are very big boots to fill in international management

I dont troll :cool:

Jazzy wrote: »
    and shouldnt you be trolling the Utd thread ?
    we do wat we do

And shouldn't you be stalking our posts?

Oh right...sorry...your here! ;)

And shouldn't you be stalking our posts?

Oh right...sorry...your here! ;)

in a thread about the everton manager you and alan have once again gone the round about way of having a Utd Vs. Liverpool debate. this time alan is the chief troll in questioning Utd's respect they give to Mike Phelan by suggesting that Moyes might take the position as Fergies #2 instead. of course you used a bit of logic and sense to prove why it would be good for Utd and Alan of course doesnt reply to it cos he knows he'd just end up looking silly... cos he was just kinda trolling in the first place and wanted to try and make Utd look bad.

wat the **** are you talking about? this is thread about David Moyes and whether or not he'll walk, Boggles thinks he could and go to Utd as the assistant with the idea of moving into the number 1 position when Fergie leaves, i dont.

The only person taking this thread off topic is you! ya little stalker.

• Advertisement

:D:D:D

I love Fridays!

The only person taking this thread off topic is you! ya little stalker.

ooohhh yes alan, im a stalker and am stalking yours and boggles posts.
    and as for "wat the **** im talking about" i thought that was quite clearly spelt out. you tried trolling (by saying that Utd are disrespectful to their staff by replacing Mike Phelan so soon) and got shot down by logic. id like to say thats a rare occurance... like to.

i think its hilarious tho as ive quite clearly hit the nail on the head about you two being the bizarre version of each other and you both hate it. its sorta one of those full circle jobbies were u both unite in hating me... for "stalking" your posts. its not like i see a thread id have an interest in and you and boggles have already set up forts there with eggs for ammo under the guise of OPINIONS. if i werent speaking the truth tho you wouldnt have bothered to add that "ya little stalker" bit at the end of your post tho. the pettiness in you wouldnt allow it

I added the "little stalker" bit, because the only time i notice you on this forum is when you are giving users stick.

I never said it would be disrespectful of Utd to sack Phelan so soon or made out that Utd are disrespectful, please quote where i did.

Wat i did say was i dont think they will do it.

Quite simply they wouldn't have appointed him on the 3rd of Sep if they had any intention of replacing him a month later-they would have just left the position vacant and waited for Moyes-i think this combined with Moyes awful relationship with Rooney rule out the possibility of Moyes moving to Old Trafford in the near future.

If you disagree, by all means explain to me where i am wrong-but dont accuse me of taking the thread off topic by discussing it when your sole contribution to this thread has been slating me and boggles making little to no reference to the topic at hand: David Moyes.

Advertisement