Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want a rematch!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

with so much of this over the last few years im wondering is the problem getting worse or are the officials just catching people more nowadays

remember the scandal in 2005 when some team was accused of throwing away a 3 goal lead at half time in some final cause the manager put down 250k on the opposition.........some cup competition......not sure which one......definately an italian team and an english team if im not mistaken*

*this is a joke, well an attempt at humour as i am very tired and cant think straight, please dont get knickers all twisted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I'm sure the city of Manchester will welcome Rangers supporters back with open arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Sarge wrote: »
    I'm sure the city of Manchester will welcome Rangers supporters back with open arms.

Your wit, its so cutting.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Eirebear wrote: »
    Your wit, its so cutting.....

You see it as a joke that the scum go around wrecking the city?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is there not already a thread for this?

I'd imagine the likely outcome if it came to Zenith being excluded would be Rangers handed the trophy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

fullstop wrote: »

Thats a bit harsh fullstop. There were over 200,000 Rangers fans in Manchester. A record number of fans to follow their team to a european final, will never be repeated again. 32 people were arrested. With such a number of fans there was always going to be some trouble which id utterly condemn. Police chiefs indicated many of these were local hooligans attached to other clubs and had not attended the game and that the vast vast majority of fans had behaved very well. I was lucky enough to have a ticket through Uefa ballot and any Gers fans I talked to were a credit to Scotland and their club. To protray Rangers fans as troublemakers/scum is wrong. Up to the final, not one Rangers supporter was arrested on their away trips en route to the final. This is a FACT. Please do your research before jumping on the anti Rangers bandwagen.

Where did i say it was a joke?

There is no excuse for what those scumbags done down there that night, they ruined what should have been a night to remember for over 150,000 bears who went down there and behaved impeccably.

My comment was aimed at the type of people who now use it as their own little point scoring excercise.

Brewster wrote: »
    Thats a bit harsh fullstop. There were over 200,000 Rangers fans in Manchester. A record number of fans to follow their team to a european final, will never be repeated again. 32 people were arrested. With such a number of fans there was always going to be some trouble which id utterly condemn. Police chiefs indicated many of these were local hooligans attached to other clubs and had not attended the game and that the vast vast majority of fans had behaved very well. I was lucky enough to have a ticket through Uefa ballot and any Gers fans I talked to were a credit to Scotland and their club. To protray Rangers fans as troublemakers/scum is wrong. Up to the final, not one Rangers supporter was arrested on their away trips en route to the final. This is a FACT. Please do your research before jumping on the anti Rangers bandwagen.
    There might have only been 32 arrsted but there would have been more had they not gone around beating up police who were trying to arrest people. And I never said it was all rangers fans but there definitely is a hooligan element

There might have only been 32 arrsted but there would have been more had they not gone around beating up police who were trying to arrest people. And I never said it was all rangers fans but there definitely is a hooligan element

Thats a little more toned down fullstop! Who knows how many people should have been arrested or not, I certainly dont know, neither do you. Even if there should have been 3000 arrests, it was still a small small minority of people who were there whatever way you look at it. All I know is the Gers fans I met walking back into Manchester after game were a credit to themselves, especially after losing final. If only all fans gave their team such backing. I couldnt have been with a nice group of lads and the fact that I was from Ireland didnt matter a jot to them (Contrary to the popular opinion some people would have you believe!) The rioters were not the real fans and were certainly not present at the game and to suggest they all went on the rampage after the game in Manchester is nonsense. First I heard about trouble was next morning and it sickened me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,401 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Shut up. Your "fans" are a ****ing disgrace to football.

• Advertisement

What do you mean 'your' fans? Im not a fan and certainly not a fan of bad behaviour? Very intelligent response there, if in doubt pull out the aul youtube file....Any football supporter would condemn this? Whats your point?

Maybe enrol yourself in a debating class for a few years and come back to me then. You might be able to discuss issues with me then at that stage. (I doubt it though..!)

Look Brewster, FFS man, just admit it.

Your a Nazi, Wife beating, anti social, policeman battering scumbag at heart.
    We all are, and the sooner we admit it the sooner these people can get back to their normal lives of living in fear of everything in Blue.

Does anyone have anything interesting to say about the fact that Zenit and Bayern, are being investigated for alleged match fixing in one of Europes premier tournaments?
    Or should we just change the title to the "all Rangers fans are scum - post youtube videos and newspaper reports as proof thread."?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    But they were only having a play fight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,401 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What do you mean 'your' fans? Im not a fan and certainly not a fan of bad behaviour? Very intelligent response there, if in doubt pull out the aul youtube file....Any football supporter would condemn this? Whats your point?

Maybe enrol yourself in a debating class for a few years and come back to me then. You might be able to discuss issues with me then at that stage. (I doubt it though..!)
    Look Brewster, FFS man, just admit it.

Your a Nazi, Wife beating, anti social, policeman battering scumbag at heart.
    We all are, and the sooner we admit it the sooner these people can get back to their normal lives of living in fear of everything in Blue.

Does anyone have anything interesting to say about the fact that Zenit and Bayern, are being investigated for alleged match fixing in one of Europes premier tournaments?
    Or should we just change the title to the "all Rangers fans are scum - post youtube videos and newspaper reports as proof thread."?

Telling me to enrol in a debating class is a little lol.

You guys are giving the usual self deluding **** that it's 'only a minority' and 'the guys I see at matches are decent lads'. Celtic can go to Seville with a huge number of non - ticket holders and the entire event passes with little or no incident and they are lauded by UEFA for their behavior. Rangers go to Manchester and the city center gets ****ed up for the night.

Are you seriously going to tell me that the CCTV or the newspaper reports from the day are untrue? That everything passed off peacefully in Manchester and it's all media spin and hype? As I said at the time, Rangers should have received a lengthy European ban.

So if someone wants to say "I'm sure Manchester would be delighted to see Rangers return" you should take your lumps and shut the **** up. Your club has serious problems if you being in a European final carries the potential for major disruption of the host city. The sooner ye admit to it, the sooner your club can clean up it's act.

Guilty as charged then Eirebear....!! Im guilty like all those horrible Rangers fans then!

The lack of intelligent debate and reason on this board at times is staggering. The logic at times is mind blowing. The youtube video is like posting a video of a group of 'Boo Hoo United' fans having a good time, enjoying themselves and forming an opinion as a result of watching this video that all fans of 'Boo Hoo United' are angels...

So that would be a no then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Looks like a few more than 32..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

I think other teams in the past have proven it is possible to bring between 80,000 and 100,000 fans to another city and not cause trouble.

Fair enough it isn't 200,000 but its a large enough sample of fans to give an equal comparison.

yes yes yes, Celtic where amazing in Seville, im glad you could remind us of that.

But what about the thread topic?
    Anyone?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Looks like a few more than 32..

As I said in my post Galvasean, who knows how many exactly were causing trouble. I dont, other than I utterly condemn each and every one of them. Its the attitude that everyone is guilty by association thats pathetic and wrong. Even if there were 3000 trouble makers, does that the rest of the loyal fans who were there to enjoy match and support the team thugs? No it doesnt. Equally the Rangers fans that bought me pints all evening doesnt make all Rangers fans angels in my eyes. You have to take a balanced approach to debate these types of incidents. I feel sorry for those who cant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

yes yes yes, Celtic where amazing in Seville, im glad you could remind us of that.

But what about the thread topic?
    Anyone?

Meh... who cares? As long as Rangers don't get their dirty paws on the cup. Mind you, it would only top their record of getting to the final with the least number of wins - getting the cup after losing the game! :p

Oh, and give us back our Seville calculator FFS.... 200k Rangers fans in Manchester? :pac:

PauloMN wrote: »
    Meh... who cares? As long as Rangers don't get their dirty paws on the cup. Mind you, it would only top their record of getting to the final with the least number of wins - getting the cup after losing the game! :p

I wouldnt want to be handed the trophy in all honesty, but i do beleive that if this is proved to be true then Zenit and Bayern should recieve bans.
    There seems to be far too much of these allegations within football at the moment (Uefa are seemingly looking into another 25 games from last season) and i dont like it one bit.
    Oh, and give us back our Seville calculator FFS.... 200k Rangers fans in Manchester? :pac:

:D

How many would you say Paulo? Were you there? Ive no idea, Greater Manchester Police estimated at over 150k. Manchester Evening News 250K? Who knows maybe it was only 79,999 and Celtic still hold the attendance record for a european final! I jest, does the figure really matter? Only the man above knows the precise number. From being present on the day there were phenonmenal crowds there, uncomfortable trying to move, thats all I know and a small number of numpties caused trouble. Thats the facts of the matter.

Now back to the subject, before this thread was highjacked, I do suspect there are dodgy dealings in football worldwide and if Zenit are hammered they should be stripped of trophy. End of story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Why do most threads on this bloody forum relating to Celtic or Rnagers nearly always descend into "Rangers / Celtic fans are hooligans" or "our fans are better behaved than yours"? Can the clubs be discussed without all this bull****? What do Rangers fans ave to do with an investigation into alleged match-fixing?!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

How many would you say Paulo? Were you there? Ive no idea, Greater Manchester Police estimated at over 150k. Manchester Evening News 250K? Who knows maybe it was only 79,999 and Celtic still hold the attendance record for a european final! I jest, does the figure really matter? Only the man above knows the precise number. From being present on the day there were phenonmenal crowds there, uncomfortable trying to move, thats all I know and a small number of numpties caused trouble. Thats the facts of the matter.

Now back to the subject, before this thread was highjacked, I do suspect there are dodgy dealings in football worldwide and if Zenit are hammered they should be stripped of trophy. End of story.

Brewster, I don't really care how many were there. The Seville calculator jibe was just intended as a joke.

On topic: I think the story is a little far fetched to be honest, certainly the figures being quoted. I mean 30 million sterling... for the UEFA Cup???? :confused:

On topic: I think the story is a little far fetched to be honest, certainly the figures being quoted. I mean 30 million sterling... for the UEFA Cup???? :confused:

There is a lot more money to be made from dodgy bets than that if you think about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

As I said in my post Galvasean, who knows how many exactly were causing trouble. I dont, other than I utterly condemn each and every one of them. Its the attitude that everyone is guilty by association thats pathetic and wrong. Even if there were 3000 trouble makers, does that the rest of the loyal fans who were there to enjoy match and support the team thugs? No it doesnt. Equally the Rangers fans that bought me pints all evening doesnt make all Rangers fans angels in my eyes. You have to take a balanced approach to debate these types of incidents. I feel sorry for those who cant.

This is very true.
    For the record I wasn't calling Rangers (or any other group of fans for that matter) trouble makers. It's just when I saw 'only 32 arrests' being thrown about I felt that looked like a n attempt to make things look less severe than they were.
    I'll finish by saying fans of any team who commit/endorse/instigate hooliganism are pathetic. Ruining a perfectly good occasion for respectable fans of their own team as well as everyone else.

Galvasean wrote: »
    This is very true.
    For the record I wasn't calling Rangers (or any other group of fans for that matter) trouble makers. It's just when I saw 'only 32 arrests' being thrown about I felt that looked like a n attempt to make things look less severe than they were.
    I'll finish by saying fans of any team who commit/endorse/instigate hooliganism are pathetic. Ruining a perfectly good occasion for respectable fans of their own team as well as everyone else.

Fair play Galvasean, spot on there........ There are people who come on here and simply use this forum or any forum involving Rangers as a vehicle of slagging the club and their fans. I just find it so petty and stupid and by and large unfair.

There is a lot more money to be made from dodgy bets than that if you think about it!

This is true... I never thought of it like that.

If any of this is proven, the clubs involved should be punished hard - banned from all UEFA competitions for years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement