Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

FearDark wrote: »
    It was definitely a money counting gesture.

It 100% was not.

It was 'writing' something on his hand. No idea why but the first thought that came to mind for me was 'chalk that one down'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,535 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

yesno1234 wrote: »
    It 100% was not.

It was 'writing' something on his hand. No idea why but the first thought that came to mind for me was 'chalk that one down'.

To me he was definitely a count out of money.

Got the impression that he had a friend in the crowd that must have back him to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

From Twitter;
    Charlie Adam didn't celebrate either. He knew the goal would delay his half-time Gü pudding by a minimum of 30 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Adam celebrating!

tumblr_mvu42uUHUw1sj9qlho1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,976 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

yesno1234 wrote: »
    It 100% was not.

Ha, 100% eh?

Seen it again since, even more confident it was counting out money. Licks his thumb and then flicks through imaginary bills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ha, 100% eh?

Seen it again since, even more confident it was counting out money. Licks his thumb and then flicks through imaginary bills.

Definitely counting out money.

Probably for his Burger King later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭mormank

mike65 wrote: »
    Nope, though the "advantage" of watching their teams was that my heart got less wear and tear - we are back to the Roy Evans era right now, if it were only possible to combine Ged defence with Rodgers attack we'd be home and hosed.

A Ged defence + a Rafa midfield + Rodger's attack = :D:):eek: we should obviously appoint the 3 of them together!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

OK come on admit it ....

Who else done the Sturridge dance when he scored :)

Agueroooo wrote: »
    OK come on admit it ....

.......... Oh Dear lol

In other news I'll get the transfer gossip ball rolling this morning
    Liverpool apparently watched Benfica and Porto last night. There's some suggestion that they could have been watching Porto midfielder Fernando.

Link here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

OK come on admit it ....

i_did_moriarty.gif

Me and my brother both jumped up and started doing it :p

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Me and my brother both jumped up and started doing it :p

Before I knew what I was doing I had the dance action in full swing with my 7yr old son trying not stir up a very nasty hangover, but it did feel gooood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Thought Gerrard played the defensive position well positionally and did will breaking up Stoke attacks.

But my God he was diabolical on the ball. A bit rusty I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Before I knew what I was doing I had the dance action in full swing with my 7yr old son trying not stir up a very nasty hangover, but it did feel gooood.

Caught the last half an hour on a clapped out laptop on a dodgy stream whilst feeding my 15 mth old....who says men can't multi-task ;) Didn't quite manage a full Sturridge body-popping routine.

Probably a game we should have won more comfortably but I'll take 3 points on a wet Sunday evening against horrible Stoke anytime.

I don't think we're anywhere near the kamikaze levels of Keegan's Newcastle (mid 90's version) but our attacking potency means that defensive c0ck-ups, goalkeeping errors etc are no longer as damaging as before.

djPSB wrote: »
    Thought Gerrard played the defensive position well positionally and did will breaking up Stoke attacks.

But my God he was diabolical on the ball. A bit rusty I suppose.

I noticed a lot that he'd get the ball, touch it then wait for someone to come take it off him.

There was some serious miscommunication yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

murpho999 wrote: »

Got the impression that he had a friend in the crowd that must have back him to score.

Yep that's what I took away from it too, friendly banter with someone in the crowd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have to say the keeper done fantastic in saving the shot from Sturridge right before he scored and Sturridges control to bring it back into the pitch for a shooting oppertunity was brill :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

OK come on admit it ....

Not quite, was in the in-laws watching on the iPad, so would have looked extra weird. Just glad to see it out, we would NEVER have won that fixture in years gone by.

We still have a big problem with defending away from home. Our full backs are better in attack, so when we are under pressure away, the ball get into the box very easily. The cross for their first was completely unchallenged by two Pool players, not good enough.
    Second was sloppy, and third was a 1 on 1 and a flop my Migs. But that's how the whole game was.

As the end of the day, we are 4th and we have played away to City, Cheslea, Arsenal, Stoke, Everton, Spurs and Newcastle. Of the rest of the top 12 teams, we have to play ONLY United and Southamption away from home still. And most of them still have to visit Anfield.

It is in our hands....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Has this been posted... not sure...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

OK come on admit it ....

I did! and the Mrs told me to grow up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

K-9 wrote: »
    Going to be some derby, reminiscent of the mid to late 80's ones, can't wait for it, Merseyside derbys being important as regards the top of the table again, not just bragging rights.. So many huge games coming up and barring United away all at Anfield.

True enough on the odds, there's nothing between both teams, well barring Suarez! I'd say those odds are based on United coming strong with RVP to come back. For me Everton and Spurs are the 2 unquantifiables in the run in.

Anyway, anybody prefer GED and Rafa style playing to the current set up?

Your stick just a little sharpened eh? :)

The period I look back on most fondly as a Liverpool supporter (bear in mind I missed the 70's and 80's) was 2000 - 2002 (well the 2nd leg of the Leverkusen game to be exact). Did we play beautiful football? Nope. Did we make hard work of everything? Yep. Were we difficult to beat? YES.

During that run I began to feel that we were bullet proof. Just an amazing run of heroic moments (Gary Mac's freekick; thin red lines holding firm in the Olympic Stadium and Nou Camp; the last 10 Micky Owen minutes against Arsenal; having the better of the head to heads with Utd). Where Liverpool are concerned I only really care that we will win. The manner of victory is immaterial (and secretly I probably prefer the dug in ground out signature wins of the GED and Rafa eras - there's something wonderful about winning big games you're not supposed to).

This season is thus far the most exciting we've had as a whole since 2008 / 9. But I don't feel that invincibility yet. It is distressing to watch us defend, and Mignolet is suffering his worst patch of form to date. Can we outscore Spurs, Everton, City, Chelsea and Arsenal at home down the stretch with the squeeze on? Can we outshoot Utd in Old Trafford when they're desperate? I'm excited as anyone to find out, and it will be bliss and sunlight if we do but there was a comfort factor there most of the time from 2000 - 2009 that we'd be able to find our way into the big games. Defend well, absorb a few punches and - particularly under Rafa - establish control from the center and dictate the pace of the game.

Exciting times though, no doubt about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

K-9 wrote: »
    Evans is what comes into my mind watching us.

Any site to watch MotD2 highlights?

http://www.gettyfooty.com/2014/01/premier-league-2013-2014-bbc-match-of_13.html

Enjoy! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I have to say the keeper done fantastic in saving the shot from Sturridge right before he scored and Sturridges control to bring it back into the pitch for a shooting oppertunity was brill :)

Got off his kness to chest the ball onto his head :pac: pure class :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ok Im gunna put it out there. Gerrard as a centre back. If he is not good enough for midfield he has to play somewhere, as he will not be dropped, its pointless even debating it.

I want to see Gerrard on the pitch as much as possible still, he's Liverpool through and through. But he has to be contributing sufficiently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

murpho999 wrote: »

Just watched it again a few times, its definitely a writing gesture, his left hand is out flat like a book and he starts writing on it, i dont know what way you count your money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

rob316 wrote: »
    Ok Im gunna put it out there. Gerrard as a centre back. If he is not good enough for midfield he has to play somewhere, as he will not be dropped, its pointless even debating it.

I want to see Gerrard on the pitch as much as possible still, he's Liverpool through and through. But he has to be contributing sufficiently.

Who the fcuck says he is not good enough for midfield, he had a great game yesterday did he not, he said post match that he has been asked to play a new deeper role and that it will take a few games to get into it
    not directed at you rob but im getting **** sick of folk writing off stevie its a joke at this stage

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just watched it again a few times, its definitely a writing gesture, his left hand is out flat like a book and he starts writing on it, i dont know what way you count your money

That's a popular gesture for the phrase 'make it rain'.

kenny-powers-making-it-rain-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd forgotten how fast Sturridge can be. I know Stoke were tired, but Jaysus, the shpeeedof'm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

spockety wrote: »
    Has this been posted... not sure...?

Cheers for that. Listening to it now.

Say what you want about the man, but he has always come across as extremely well spoken and intelligent, and so far, he's ticking those boxes again in this speech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

High quality fullbacks who actually give a **** needed ASAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Didn't see the game or highlights but damn, isn't it great to wake up on a Monday after beating Stoke at the Brittania with the added pressure of most of our rivals having already won this weekend? Tis mighty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement