Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Superthread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

I wonder whats going to happen with the backroom staff. Is Moyes going to bring accross his own staff.

So many unknowns this Summer. Anybody who has only know SAF must really be ****ting themselves lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Its an interesting theory, for me I am not convinced United leaked the original story.

I am not convinced Moyes would turn around and say "Thanks for the Job lads, I don't want Rooney though, even though his face is all over posters billboards and all that other stuff ye like getting money from sponsers for".

I think United were planning on trying to move him on regardless anyway; he's been less and less important as the weeks have gone on, and although I don't like the fact he gave his request in, I can understand why he did it as he was being fazed out a bit.

Nor am I saying that Moyes came in wielding the hatchet. More likely that Fergie told Moyes that if he wasn't retiring, he'd be moving Rooney on if possible, and Moyes simply agreed. I'd be amazed if Moyes hasn't handed United a page with "Players In and Players Out" at the top of it, and that it's likely Rooney was on that page.

The timing was just to coincidental though. Just as Fergie announces his retirement, it's leaked Rooney put in a request just before it's announced who the new manager is. And Fergie's confirmation today should tell people that he reckons Rooney is off as well, cause it's very unlike Fergie to just drop a bomb like that and run.

Screw it though, I really don't mind if he goes provided the money is put back into the team. Spend it on a proper midfielder and we're set...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

From the Guardians gallery

Man-Utd-v-Swansea-013.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'm ashamed at the way this Rooney fiasco is playing out. Think it's time for him to move on as he's clearly not happy where he is. Make the money off him and bring in someone who will be proud to wear the United shirt and not be so single minded.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Was lovely to see all his grandchildren celebrate with him too......'GRANDAD 26' on the backs of their jerseys!! Brought a tear to the eye!!:o:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Well done SAF, i feel so sad and im not even a UTD fan. I used to love watching him year after year - Champion league games especially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I've questioned him on numerous occasions but I bow too his greatness #thankyousiralex

F**king Amazing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

madcabbage wrote: »
    I'm ashamed at the way this Rooney fiasco is playing out.

You should be blaming the media for that, they could create a flea circus out of a turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

You should be blaming the media for that, they could create a flea circus out of a turd.

I agree and there are too many easily influenced UTD fans who go along with them.

I for one want Rooney to stay. He is one of our star players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

I agree and there are too many easily influenced UTD fans who go along with them.

I don't think anybody really cares what the media says.

I want players who want to be at the club. Chicarito didn't get the game time he deserved this season and I heard no complaints. Berbatov was dropped for the Champions League Final and was determined to get his place back the following season. Rooney isn't willing to do that so I'd be happy to move him on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I think the majority of people want him to stay but if he's not happy why keep him here? It won't do him or United any good. We're gonna find out soon enough if it's horse manure by the media anywho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Headshot wrote: »
    Nice to get official confirmation about Rooney. You can forgive it once about a transfer request but 2 times is taking the biscuit

I prefer to see him gone from the club asap but it will be very hard to get rid of him since I highly doubt he'll want to go abroad

Is nobody else going to comment on Headshot's triumphant return to the United Super Thread???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

He's asked for a transfer twice in three years now. If you've watched UTD. over the past year you'll have also noticed that in many games his heart and full effort just isn't there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I don't think Rooney is acting like he is bigger than the club. He's asked for a move because he wants to play more. He behaves a bit like a child and acts impulsively at times but I think he is still a massive talent and if this time round all he wants is playing time guarantee he should definitely be kept on. No hope of a new deal at the same rate as his current one. I think he really likes the club and its just his ego and some bad advice getting him into trouble. imo he'd act the same at other clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

This is his second transfer request, we have to remember that he's 27 now and a bit too old for this toy throwing behaviour. You'd expect it from a 19 or 20 year old.

I don't want to see him go, he should be going in to his prime now, but if he really wants to go we should let him. An ideal situation is we sell to PSG and milk as much as we can from them.

Life will go on after Rooney just as life will go on after Fergie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Everything seen today at Old Trafford can never be bought by an oil baron or Arab royal. It was all natural and organically grown over the past 26 years and all thanks to one great man. Thanks for the memories Fergie.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Great interview. He'll be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Is nobody else going to comment on Headshot's triumphant return to the United Super Thread???

I was very surprised I didnt get a parade or somthing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

I 100% want Rooney to stay, people will only relaise how important he is in that United side when he's not there. Still though, he is running out of chances. You can only act the prick so much before being moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Gary Neville will have a word in his ear the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Saganist wrote: »
    Gary Neville will have a word in his ear the next few weeks.

He seemed fair keen on Rooney staying today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Headshot wrote: »
    I was very surprised I didnt get a parade or somthing

Fergie just wanted to over shadow your return. He so selfish.

Arsenal fan in the pub today said Rooney to arsenal for 25 million and that we heard it from him first. Wouldn't give a source...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Fergie just wanted to over shadow your return. He so selfish.

Arsenal fan in the pub today said Rooney to arsenal for 25 million and that we heard it from him first. Wouldn't give a source...

Checked the odds on that 20/7. So for all the non gamblers out there that means if you put 50 euro on that you'll lose 50 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

It's greater then Sir Alex leaving so... I take it should not be mentioned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

More of a chance of Utd getting Messi than Arsenal getting Rooney

City wont be getting him either so its the lesser of two evils Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Montroseee wrote: »
    He's asked for a transfer twice in three years now. If you've watched UTD. over the past year you'll have also noticed that in many games his heart and full effort just isn't there.

I've seen UTD this season and the past seasons Rooney has been involved in and he is one of the squads top five players and too much of an asset to let go. We need to hang onto our top players.

Fergie wants him at UTD and said we wont let him go. The word disrespect is getting thrown around a lot. Disillusioned is more appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Grid. wrote: »
    Was lovely to see all his grandchildren celebrate with him too......'GRANDAD 26' on the backs of their jerseys!! Brought a tear to the eye!!:o:D
    It was 'Grandad 20'!

article-2323344-19BEC184000005DC-96_634x452.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

^^ And the gold badges on the the shirts too...nice :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

In any other circumstances, I'd say "F*** off Wayne." But I think continuity will be really important next season. When things are down to the wire, Moyes may doubt himself, and experience in the squad will be crucial. And Wayne's got lots of that. So for that reason alone, I want him to stay.

For now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Really sad to see SAF go and the send off was extremely well planned. Letting Fergie lift the trophy was a great gesture and,also the opening credits for next years MOTD!!
    Next weekend is it, sad but at the same time really looking forward to next season!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement