Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I think it would have to be a very young team for Hendo to get the armband. He's really just growing into himself in this setup.
    If he was captain for a small game or a young set of players and the game went badly it could be very detrimental to his confidence.

Stevie
    Carra
    Reina
    Suarez
    Lucas
    Agger

Would all be ahead of Hendo atm. Thats not to say I dont agree with the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Saw two very brief clips from the England U-21 game - one of Henderson's 50 yd Gerrardesque pass to Ince, and another of Shelvey missing a header from about 2 inches out.

re: Shelvey - he seems to be the next player up for unjustified criticism now that Henderson has found form. He has a lot to learn but has huge potential for a guy who is still only 20. If his skill/talent ever catches up with his attitude he could be a serious player.

As I said before, Shelvey thinks he's already there. Thats his problem. Sometimes he looks the real deal, others he's not close. I hope in the future its the first one and he's proved right.

I dont think young footballers should be allowed use Twitter. Shelvey for example had a good start to the season, then form drops and he gets lashed out of it online.

Can't be good for a young lads mentality ( I know you need to be strong and able to take criticism but tousands of randomers abusing a kid has to take a toll)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

11422_10151551203537573_1818299959_n.jpg

Lucas: Why I will be a dad to Coutinho

Lucas Leiva has revealed how he is going to help Philippe Coutinho settle quickly into life at Liverpool by becoming a father figure to him.

As one of the senior players at Anfield, Liverpool's No.21 said he will take on the responsibility of making his fellow Brazil ace feel as comfortable as possible in his new surroundings.

Lucas told Liverpoolfc.com: "He's a great talent - a young player but with a lot of experience - and I'm really looking forward to playing with him and helping him to settle quickly in England. He doesn't speak much English, so I will try to be his dad for a few months and hopefully he will be okay.

"I will just try to make him feel comfortable, the same way I did for Luis [Suarez] and Sebastian Coates.

"I've been here for a long time and it's just what I feel I need to do and what I feel I have to do. Hopefully he will feel comfortable."

Lucas also said he will help our new No.10 understand the Scouse dialect of Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher.

He joked: "First he needs to speak English and then he will learn the Scouse accent!"

While a whole host of stars are away from Melwood this week on international duty Lucas will not be involved when Brazil take on England at Wembley on Wednesday night.

Liverpool's No.21 admits it is something of a shame as he would have played against his midfield partner and Anfield skipper Steven Gerrard, but having only recently returning from injury he was not selected for the squad.

He said: "It would have been nice to play against Stevie and England at Wembley but unfortunately my injuries cost me, and I just need to get back playing well and hopefully be involved in the next squad."

After playing back-to-back 90 minutes against Arsenal and Manchester City in the space of a few days, Lucas believes he is gradually edging back to tip-top fitness.

"I think I am very close to where I want to be," added the Brazilian.

"It's been a long journey for me but I have to be patient, keep calm and try to just keep working the same way I'm doing. Hopefully I'll be feeling better and better with every single game."

Monday night's visit of West Bromwich Albion to Anfield is set to see Lucas play his 200th game in a red shirt - a milestone he is particularly proud of.

He added: "It has been a long journey for me to reach 200 games but I wouldn't change anything and I'm really looking forward to playing my 200th game for Liverpool at Anfield - hopefully with a good result.

"It will be a special night for me and I will try to enjoy it as much as I can."

Reflecting on Sunday's 2-2 draw at the Etihad Stadium, Lucas insists there is every reason for optimism as Brendan Rodgers' side try and fight for a top-four finish come the end of the season.

"I thought we were the better team from the first minute at City and controlled the game," he said.

"We created more chances than them and at the end we conceded a silly goal which cost us two points. We just need to improve on that and make sure we win these type of games.

"I think both games [Arsenal and City] were mixed emotions for us. We were winning both games and we have to analyse that. We played well in both games and maybe in a few parts of both of them we lost a little bit of the momentum. We need to improve on that and build for the next game.

"We need to get a good run going again and see what's going to happen. We know the gap is big but we need to keep believing and try to finish as high as we can."

@Kerrygooney.... fair play to you just saw you posted that in the Utd thread. Well in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I would offer oyston 1 or 2 million less then anybody else and tell him to leave the 35% . To me its a win win situation for us and it shows we should be adding in these clauses into any young players we let go . It is a shame we didn't add in a buy back clause for x amount we should also consider doing this with all the young players we let go .

Isnt that more or less what they did? & his response was to stop taking our calls & go running to the press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

gafferino wrote: »
    @Kerrygooney.... fair play to you just saw you posted that in the Utd thread. Well in.

I hate the Munich songs as much as I hate the Hillsborough songs.

People getting a rise out of each other over people dying isn't on in my eyes.

I wasn't sure about leaving it over there but I hope it's taken in the spirit it was left there.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

donfers wrote: »
    jaysus, the concern now is that ince's value will go up and the tribunal will set a hefty price in the Summer - indeed what odds he'll get a full cap before the season is out in some friendly pushing the number still higher

some positives

1. he wants to come here

2. usually these tribunals set numbers on the low side

3. we get 35% if he goes elsewhere

a negative

if he continues to produce the goods a bigger fish than ourselves may show interest

can we make an offer now and have the deal in place to buy him at the end of the season

Joe Allen concedes that his form since completing a big-money move to Liverpool has not been good enough.

The 22-year-old midfielder followed Brendan Rodgers from Swansea City to Anfield last summer, with £15million changing hands.

Allen has, however, struggled to display the consistency which drew so much praise during his time in South Wales.
    He admits that he is yet to produce his best for the Reds but, despite losing his place in the team, is convinced that hard work for club and country will get him back on track.

Ahead of an international outing for Wales against Austria on Wednesday, Allen said: "My form hasn't been great.

"I'm a perfectionist and maybe that's my problem. Sometimes I get frustrated and disappointed when things aren't perfect.

"It's been disappointing not to have been involved in every game and play every game.

"But it's up to me now to work hard and get myself back in the team and improve my level of performance."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

gafferino wrote: »
    Joe Allen concedes that his form since completing a big-money move to Liverpool has not been good enough.

The 22-year-old midfielder followed Brendan Rodgers from Swansea City to Anfield last summer, with £15million changing hands.

Allen has, however, struggled to display the consistency which drew so much praise during his time in South Wales.
    He admits that he is yet to produce his best for the Reds but, despite losing his place in the team, is convinced that hard work for club and country will get him back on track.

Ahead of an international outing for Wales against Austria on Wednesday, Allen said: "My form hasn't been great.

"I'm a perfectionist and maybe that's my problem. Sometimes I get frustrated and disappointed when things aren't perfect.

"It's been disappointing not to have been involved in every game and play every game.

"But it's up to me now to work hard and get myself back in the team and improve my level of performance."

His form seemed to dip after there was an outcry about his role in the team in the media. After an initial honeymoon period, he was soon labelled as a 'pass it sideways' merchant. I'm not sure if that knocked his confidence or maybe pushed him to try things he wasn't comfortable with. However, the end result has been a mini-slump in form.

At least he is admitting it and is vowing to turn his form around. Hopefully he can prove the doubters wrong between now and the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Seen this on twitter earlier. Interesting, I wasn't actually aware that this happened. Just goes to show what mugs who sing about either tragedy are.

03281E98-C23B-44BD-95B2-4B543B1D7B69-881-0000006C1A1CB854.jpg

Anyone who takes pleasure in celebrating the tragic deaths of other human beings is an idiot. Plain and simple.

I was reading about that a few months ago and it struck me how little the "fans" who celebrate the Munich crash know about the history if our club.
    Unfortunatly both clubs have idiot fans. Although there is a mistakes in the tweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

On the back of last nights England u21 game I was just thinking about how many Liverpool players could be mainstays of the senior squad in two years.

Squad of 23.

Carroll/Sturridge/Welbeck/Walcott/Rooney will be the main attacking options I'd say with

Ince/Sterling/Ox-Cham/Rose/Lennon (if he is lucky) as the wide men

Cleverley/Henderson/Wilshere/Gerrard (just about hanging on) in the middle

Cahill/Walker/Kelly/Smalling/Robinson/G. Johnson (just about)

Hart/Rudd/Butland

Obviously a few may never get there and some may get fast tracked (Wisdom, Wickham?) and maybe the likes of Young and Milner may still be around.

mike65 wrote: »
    On the back of last nights England u21 game I was just thinking about how many Liverpool players could be mainstays of the senior squad in two years.

Squad of 23.

Carroll/Sturridge/Welbeck/Walcott/Rooney will be the main attacking options I'd say with

Ince/Sterling/Ox-Cham/Rose/Lennon (if he is lucky) as the wide men

Cleverley/Henderson/Wilshere/Gerrard (just about hanging on) in the middle

Cahill/Walker/Kelly/Smalling/Robinson/G. Johnson (just about)

Hart/Rudd/Butland

Obviously a few may never get there and some may get fast tracked (Wisdom, Wickham?) and maybe the likes of Young and Milner may still be around.

I'd give Wisdom more of a chance that Robinson but having 5 or 6 guys in the England squad is no harm I suppose. I just hope that they all save their best form for the Reds!

Btw, does anyone know whether Dion Fanning answered those questions that were posted on the Irish Kop site? I see from his twitter account that he got a bit of stick over his Sunday Indo column.

Personally I though that some of his article was unfair. Seems to have come to an early judgement on Rodgers and is picking and choosing his 'facts' to suit his argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fanning hasn't come back with his replies yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

skywalker wrote: »
    Isnt that more or less what they did? & his response was to stop taking our calls & go running to the press.

To me it was a case of not wanting to sell their best player after loosing holloway as their manager because they have plunged to 15 th . Thats pretty why Oyston ran to the press was to get a bidding war going and nothing else . I think he will be an LFC player in the summer but if Oyston wants to be stubborn we will take our 35 % and spend it on somebody else .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

PRAF wrote: »
    Btw, does anyone know whether Dion Fanning answered those questions that were posted on the Irish Kop site? I see from his twitter account that he got a bit of stick over his Sunday Indo column.

Personally I though that some of his article was unfair. Seems to have come to an early judgement on Rodgers and is picking and choosing his 'facts' to suit his argument.

A lot of that on here as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

monkey9 wrote: »
    A lot of that on here as well.

We're not paid to write for a paper.

A lot of journalists do this anyway. I find that if ever I know a fair amount about the topic being discussed, I can quite often come away from the article thinking, "What a load of ****".

Make ya worry about the articles you read when you're not so informed on the matter.

PRAF wrote: »

I don't even bother reading his articles it's like he has a chip on his shoulder about Brendan and as pointed out only seems to use certain facts to back up his points . I would rather read a balanced piece that talks about both sides of Brendan his good and his weak points . Agenda driven rubbish by the likes of fanning don't intrest me at all .

What did Fanning write? Has anybody got a link?

EDIT: I found several links but they're all broken wtf?

EDIT EDIT? Got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Dion Fanning: No escape from grim reality for Rodgers
    Brendan Rodgers had been talking beautifully about the progress he is overseeing at Liverpool. He marvelled at the brilliance of Luis Suarez – the term 'false winger' was used impressively.

He spoke at length about the tactical advances of Jordan Henderson. He let it be known that he had been watching the new signing Philippe Coutinho since he was 15 – "another great product to come into the league" – and had talked to his friend Jose Mourinho about him.

He was happy here at the Emirates, talking away, bursting with "real pride" after Liverpool had thrown away a two-goal lead against an Arsenal side that has fragility in its DNA, in front of a crowd that was ready to revolt and a team that knew it.

Rodgers kept talking and we slid down in our chairs as relaxed as if we were in an all-night lock-in, with the sweet soothing sound of bull**** allowing us to believe we were experiencing what David Bowie liked to call the "eternal now".

When the question came it was as if somebody had switched on harsh spotlights and yanked open the blinds to reveal unforgiving sunlight and a brutal dawn. Rodgers was asked if he was concerned that his team had yet to beat a side in the top six (they have yet to beat a side in the top half.) This was reality intruding and it felt bad.

He said he wasn't "overly" worried, even if "you guys keep going on about it". He made this failure sound as if it was just a secondary piece of tittle-tattle, a contract extension or a poor disciplinary record, that the press wouldn't let go.

Anyway, Liverpool should have beaten Manchester City, he said, and if they win at the Etihad today they would have four points from two tough road trips. He is right but he was dealing in abstractions. The elephant in the boot-room is that reality will always break through in football.

Liverpool had a couple of brutal intrusions from reality last week. They lost at Oldham, looking "soft" as Rodgers said. On Wednesday night, Liverpool played brilliantly at times but reality also revealed that there is no killer instinct in the side being created by Rodgers. At Arsenal, they took part in a thrilling game against another side which has lost sight of the ultimate point of football: winning.

Last week, Brendan Rodgers finally took a stand but he took it against the weakest at the club: the young players, with Martin Skrtel thrown in.

Everything Rodgers does suggests that he is not just postponing the moment when he will be judged but, beneath the self-confidence and the projection of authority, that he is worried what that judgement will reveal. His friend Jose Mourinho also projected this authority before he had the CV to match it. When the results and victories came they seemed like the inevitable consequence of all he had been telling the world about himself.

Rodgers has mastered the looking confident bit but it remains to be seen if he can produce a successful side. He has tried to make it seem an irrelevance. When Swansea played in Sunderland last year, Rodgers talked about the game in language that is now familiar.

"It is great for the public here at Sunderland to see us," he said after the game. "They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they have seen. We were wonderful. Our intention is always to pass teams to a standstill, but give credit to Sunderland, they defended ever so well when other teams might have wilted." Sunderland had just beaten Swansea 2-0.

His words would be irrelevant if Liverpool didn't play as if they have absorbed his central message. At Boundary Park, at the Emirates and at Old Trafford, Liverpool have performed as if glimpses of spirit and some thrilling football is enough. Even Rodgers seemed to think the Oldham performance had been transformed at a certain point, remarking that Steven Gerrard played as if he had been "dropped in from heaven" when he came on.

Liverpool scored in that time and Gerrard hit the bar but Liverpool were playing a League One side which had won one of its previous nine games. Some doubt was inevitable and to see a transformation in turning a 1-3 scoreline into a 2-3 scoreline makes Pangloss seem like Beckett.

Rodgers then went to the other extreme in criticising the young players, but if a manager must sometimes look ridiculous to protect his players, it is not a good idea for a manager to make his players look ridiculous to protect himself.

By Wednesday night, he was saying "Sunday was more my fault than theirs". By then Liverpool had their pride and he was finding leadership in reliable places, certainly more reliable places than a Brendan Rodgers press conference.

Jamie Carragher will probably start at the Etihad today. At the Emirates, he brought authority to the side. At one point in the first half, Glen Johnson took a knock on the head. Carragher went around the Liverpool players, reminding them of their responsibilities. He then had a quick word with the referee. The referee restarted the game with a drop ball and Arsenal knocked it back to Pepe Reina. The Arsenal fans howled. They believed the ball should have been given back to them.

Carragher is a player who has always been looking for an edge. He seemed less inclined to be consoled by the performance or talk of his pride in drawing against a team that is sixth in the table. Carragher has competed for titles and won the European Cup. In those years, he was at the heart of everything Liverpool achieved. "A manager going into a club would want those guys right behind you," Rodgers said afterwards and he is right.

Rodgers will also point to progress. Liverpool collapsed against Arsenal in August so he saw Wednesday night as a benchmark of how far they have come (Arsenal have nosedived since then).

There may have been signs of progress this season but Luis Suarez has delivered most of them. Suarez plays as if to win is the only thing and he plays with a ruthlessness that is out of step with Rodgers' better-luck-next-time philosophy.

Suarez is making encouraging noises about staying at Liverpool but he is also talking about making a decision in the summer. He is 26, he has scored 17 league goals already this season and he will be wanted by all the top European clubs.

If Suarez leaves then Liverpool's greatest test will be how they replace him. Rodgers has been average in the transfer market.

If Joe Allen has faded (perhaps because he is too closely identified with the manager, Rodgers exempted him from blame for the Oldham defeat), Henderson has grown and Rodgers can take some credit for that.

Yet Liverpool, and presumably Rodgers, were prepared to let Henderson leave the club in August as they tried to find a way of getting Clint Dempsey to Anfield. Henderson refused and Liverpool refused to pay the money for Dempsey. Whoever made that decision, and it wasn't Rodgers, was right.

In the aftermath, John Henry, who has yet to visit Anfield this season, issued a statement declaring FSG's ambitions for the club.

Like many things FSG say, their words had an appeal but the reality is different. Rodgers can talk about the project and the group and the product but Liverpool's future depends less on him than it does on Luis Suarez.

Every year spent away from the Champions League is another year when it becomes harder to attract the players necessary to return to the Champions League.

Rodgers must deal with that and he has managed, in the main, to remove himself from criticism.

There is a feeling that Rodgers is just a proxy, that those who criticise him only use him to further another agenda. This view allows Rodgers off the hook. His mistakes are obvious and need no agenda to be pointed out.

Liverpool has been dominated by feuds in recent years and in the summer FSG decided to go with their instincts. It was a courageous and sensible decision. They wanted to move on from the past and they wanted to create a club where the manager was one of many voices and couldn't cause too much havoc.

Rodgers probably hasn't done much harm at Liverpool. FSG wanted a middle manager to lower the wage bill and the age of the squad without causing too much fuss as they sought to cut costs. They didn't want a manager like Benitez who would always demand more and who would prevent them breaking free of the past. It was an understandable point of view, but there were coaches who could have been pursued, men like Frank de Boer, who would have taken Liverpool forward with more intent than Rodgers.

In blaming the weakest and most marginal at the club last week, Rodgers gave little indication that he is a manager capable of doing more than middle management, despite all his empty rhetoric.

If bull**** is designed to conceal the truth, a point arrives when bull**** reveals it. The truth about Rodgers is that when he talked of the young players after the Oldham game, he was revealing something of himself. When he said they were soft and needed to understand the demands of playing for Liverpool, he was getting closer to the truth. Everything he said about those players could as easily be said of him.

Brendan Rodgers promotes football without a reckoning. In football, there is always a reckoning.

Opr

Very harsh IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Very much the 'chip-on-my-shoulder' style of writing, that I can't stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

What did Fanning write? Has anybody got a link?

EDIT: I found several links but they're all broken wtf?

EDIT EDIT? Got it.

Dub13 posted a link to it on Irish Kop regarding a Q&A with Fanning. I wonder if they answers are up yet. I can't find the link.

Edit: Found it http://www.irishkop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22166
    Answers not up yet though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

One interesting point in that article is if Suarez leaves at some stage who will replace him?

That's the kind of transfer that can make or break a manager, especially if he's not in a job for years.

If it arises, it will be the most crucial spending of money since the Torres money came in

Hidalgo wrote: »
    One interesting point in that article is if Suarez leaves at some stage who will replace him?

That's the kind of transfer that can make or break a manager, especially if he's not in a job for years.

If it arises, it will be the most crucial spending of money since the Torres money came in

Lets not go there. We said the same thing regarding Torres. Suarez's quote's last week are enough to keep me happy for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,871 ✭✭✭✭klose

I reckon weve atleast next season again with suarez and if we get champions league then hell hopefully stay. The links with him and bayern is just lazy journalism

• Advertisement

Very harsh IMO

Pretty harsh alright.

I didn't realise Henry hadn't been to Anfield yet this season. That's ****ty form on his behalf.

Dub13 posted a link to it on Irish Kop regarding a Q&A with Fanning. I wonder if they answers are up yet. I can't find the link.

Edit: Found it http://www.irishkop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22166
    Answers not up yet though :(

Thanks for that...I was looking for that myself earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Pretty harsh alright.

I didn't realise Henry hadn't been to Anfield yet this season. That's ****ty form on his behalf.

Only because the lovely Linda hasn't either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Pretty harsh alright.

Would imagine that Linda being pregnant and giving birth had something to do with it.

John Henry's no shows seem to be getting countered by Werner attending more games this season than last.

Knex. wrote: »
    A lot of journalists do this anyway. I find that if ever I know a fair amount about the topic being discussed, I can quite often come away from the article thinking, "What a load of ****".

Make ya worry about the articles you read when you're not so informed on the matter.

Exactly. I thought journalists were trained to do actual research, do some interviews, and uncover facts. It seems that some of them are just lazy buggers who have a hunch on something and then write an essay style opinion piece which any 15 year old school kid could also write.

That's why I usually have a lot more time for guys like Paul Tomkins who do take the time to establish the facts before they write their articles (even if his articles are usually 100,000 words long!)

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would imagine that Linda being pregnant and giving birth had something to do with it.

John Henry's no shows seem to be getting countered by Werner attending more games this season than last.

Good point. I also think that Henry is strongly focussed on the Red Sox this year and so is under pressure to stay over there a bit more often. However, there is probably some element of wanting to keep a lower profile this year and letting Rodgers & co quietly go about their work

murpho999 wrote: »
    Only because the lovely Linda hasn't either!

Has she just had a baby? Think I heard that somewhere.

Maybe that's part of the reason he hasn't been.

As the father of a 1 year old I know only too well you don't have much time for anything else.

Now..where is she gone? Oh..climbing the bookcase...brilliant:mad:

EDIT: Just spotted Kess beat me to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

you would swear rodgers was supposed to be the finished article himself they way that article and many fans on here come across..

its a learning curve for him just as much as it is for young players at lfc.

he has the right attitude and i love our style of play under him, im prepared to give him 3/4 seasons before calling him a failure or a success,even then that might be a bit short in terms of time, but i think he can bring us success.

he will make and has made mistakes along the way, its learning from them that matters,not repeating them.

futures bright imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rodgers has publicly said that while there's a rebuilding process happening, he is fully aware of the expectations at a club like Liverpool.

he knows he needs to win matches.

and he's not the first manager to look on the bright side of life after disappointments. FFS.

so Rodgers bullshíts. what manager doesn't? especially when they're in their first year or two at a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That Fanning article read more like an internet rant rather than a researched article from a journalist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Lets not go there. We said the same thing regarding Torres. Suarez's quote's last week are enough to keep me happy for now

I admire your youthful innocence, enjoy it while it lasts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

People complaining about Allen, same as Henderson last year, give him another season, he's young and will be a good player for us. Only player we have bought who should hit the ground running based on age and experience is Downing, and he has been a waste

I admire your youthful innocence, enjoy it while it lasts

Hardly. What do you want me to start doing? Crying in here for the next 6 months about who is going to replace Suarez when he hasn't even indicated he will be leaving. No thanks. I'd rather celebrate the player while we have him.

He has signed a massive new contract and said only last week that he wants to stay and get the club back into Europe. Obviously if we are in the same position (no Champions League) this time next year then I will have to reassess my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Its kind of hard to take a bloke named Dion seriously.

Its kind of hard to take a bloke named Dion seriously.

Yeah you are definitely right , I think he got his journalism degree in a lucky bag .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Full match highlights Man City v Liverpool

Just watched this again , god we were so dominant , there was a bite to our tackling , we pressed high and switched the play beautifully at times and not just from the usual suspect Gerrard, Sturridge got in on the act and I even recall Downing raking a peach of a ball across the pitch with the outside of his foot to Suarez on the edge of the box that led to a shot just off target .

That they scored from 2 of only about 3 clear cut chances we afforded them is I guess whats separates them from us . Still as prone to costly mistakes as we seem to be at the moment I choose to take solace from that performance and the fact we restricted them to so few chances.

Fourth is likely too big an ask this season but the way we are playing at the moment gives me hope that with a kinder bunch of opening fixtures next season we can get points on the board quickly and with the confidence from that really kick on and grab that fourth spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Fabio Borini is starting for Italy U21 against Germany U21.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

GavRedKing wrote: »
    First post......woot!!

P.S.

Benitez in. :pac:
    Nah ye can keep him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Anyone watching the Spain vs Uruguay Game?

If anyone wants a Link, PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Spain v Uruguay is on ESPN now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement