Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Good ol' Andriy Voronin treated himself to a night out last week. Called in sick after a sneaky nightclub session. Fair play Andriy, you deserve it!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1226817/andriy-voronin-facing-crunch-talks-with-dusseldorf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lads if ye can show me where i said Dzeko was as good as Suarez i will give ye a shiny new penny.

I said i would prefer Suarez to Dzeko if i had to choose. What i said was Dzeko is not far off Suarez. And most definitely not the equivalent of 40 million plus Suarez. So please dont misquote me dishonestly to suit your argument. It's pathetic.

Also, all i put was a countering opinion. Which some people agreed with. I wasnt trolling but got roundly insulted for a not that out there view. Is that the way this thread goes?

Anyways, that is all. As you were.

It seems like you went off and got someone to read your comments before asking them to put that post together for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/suarez-on-award-and-future

Suarez is Happy
    Luis Suarez today collected his second successive Standard Chartered Player of the Month award and revealed how he hopes to spend many more years scoring goals for Liverpool.

Suarez collected 54 per cent of your votes following his October performances which included three goals and a Merseyside derby he'll never forget.

After being presented with the award at Melwood, he told Liverpoolfc.com: "I have a very long contract here and it's a dream come true to be playing at a club like Liverpool because, as I've said, as a boy I dreamt of playing for a team like this.

''Now I'm here, it's all about enjoying myself and trying to be here for as many years as I can, because I'm at a club where I'm very happy, my family is happy, I've got fantastic teammates and a manager from whom I'm learning so much.

"As a player, it's vital to have the backing of your manager and so I think that the confidence Brendan is showing in myself and the team as a whole is very important and it's down to us to repay that trust out there on the pitch."

Suarez added: "Let's hope we can keep improving. I'm working well and I'm very happy at a club where I've always wanted to be. At a club to whom I'm very grateful for the trust everyone is showing in me - a club with amazing supporters and teammates who are all great people.

"The other important thing is that the squad is very united. In spite of not getting the results we would have liked, we have a great spirit of togetherness and let's hope we can continue to pick up points."

Suarez has fired 11 goals so far this season and is currently joint top of the Barclays Premier League scoring charts with eight top-flight strikes.

Such statistics have made a mockery of suggestions the Uruguayan is not an archetypical goalscorer.

Overall, Suarez has an impressive 32 goals in 68 appearances for Liverpool so far.

The 25-year-old is firmly established as one of the most recognisable characters in the Barclays Premier League, but while a firm favourite on the Kop, he is often on the receiving end of jeers from opposing fans.

Nonetheless, Suarez insists that such treatment only serve to motivate him further.

"I think you need to really know a person before you criticise them or speak out about them," he explained. "I think sometimes the opposition fans are more interested in booing Luis Suarez for the problems he had or because he's gone down for something than they are in their own team!

"I think that each set of supporters should just worry about their own team and leave their opponents well alone, just like the Liverpool fans do.

"I think our fans are the perfect example and always show how to help the team by wanting to get behind the side. It doesn't matter who the opposition are, the only thing they want is for their team to win by giving a lift to the players with their support.

"That's what the other clubs' fans need to do - get behind their own side and not just think about Suarez, because all that does is motivate me even more to do well."

Suarez has made a habit of silencing opposing supporters - and he did so once more by heading the equaliser in Sunday's 1-1 draw at Chelsea.

The result means the Reds are in 13th position in the table on 12 points heading into this weekend's Anfield clash with Wigan Athletic.

It's a game that can be classified as 'must win', according to Suarez.

"Chelsea was a result that was neither good nor bad," said the No.7. "I guess we really need to be picking up as many points as we can, given that we haven't got as many points on the board that a club like Liverpool would expect to have at this stage.

"Wigan is an absolute must-win fixture. It's a very important game for us to gain in confidence for the matches ahead and to get stronger here at Anfield, which is where we need to make the difference."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I think Rodgers deserves some credit for Suarez' recent performances.

Suarez is much more focused on making headlines for all the right reasons. His diving and playacting have been pretty much non existent since the Stoke game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    :confused::rolleyes:

:) :eek: :( :mad: :confused: :P

Liverpool's last 7 years in smilies.

amiable wrote: »
    50261_155624284958_639653_n.jpg

Irony lost on you? And your buddies? Enjoy watching a crap team.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

:) :eek: :( :mad: :confused: :P

Liverpool's last 7 years in smilies.

Yeah, but this is our year!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

So this is quite the thread.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Yeah, but this is our year!;)

If this is your year, i suggest a sock in your exhaust pipe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

We just got this new place and now Brains toys are all over the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

5starpool wrote: »
    Got tickets for Swansea, Spurs, Chelsea, Everton and QPR. I am also going to the Fulham match in December. Expensive business this match going.

Sorry all.

We are doomed...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

We just got this new place and now Brains toys are all over the floor.

Don't worry, after that run of posts I'm sure there'll be a mod about soon to clean them up

You are pathetic. You havent made one point yet. And now you dont even know what i originally said. Enjoy licking those windows.

You are pathetic. You haven't made one point yet. And now you don't even know what you originally said. Enjoy licking those windows.

And please remember punctuation. I prefer my trolls to appear intelligent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Just a few pages into a new thread and he cracks up, excellent!

I thought you were done

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Has anyone reported this prick yet?

a. Why couldn't you.
    b. I'm certain it has been.
    c. Not allowed to discuss that on thread.
    d. Why bother wasting keystrokes on replying to the dude. It'll be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Someone PM me when either the new thread is open or he's disappeared. kthnxbai

tumblr_lkzjzb7OaU1qj0zk3o1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Lads if ye can show me where i said Dzeko was as good as Suarez i will give ye a shiny new penny.

I said i would prefer Suarez to Dzeko if i had to choose. What i said was Dzeko is not far off Suarez. And most definitely not the equivalent of 40 million plus Suarez. So please dont misquote me dishonestly to suit your argument. It's pathetic.

Also, all i put was a countering opinion. Which some people agreed with. I wasnt trolling but got roundly insulted for a not that out there view. Is that the way this thread goes?

Are you trying to take Wilmunnys crown as the most annoying fcukwit that comes on to our thread. If you are you are succeeding :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭klose

Thread needs some input by the poster Edenhazard and a borntobywild poem tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Are you trying to take Wilmunnys crown as the most annoying fcukwit that comes on to our thread. If you are you are succeeding :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭klose

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Someone PM me when either the new thread is open or he's disappeared. kthnxbai

tumblr_lkzjzb7OaU1qj0zk3o1_400.gif

Ah c'mon man ya can't use the same gif twice in the one day!! :p

Thread needs some input by the poster Edenhazard.

Suggesting that......that's a banning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I can, I will and I have :p

I thought you were done

Aren't you his mate?....some mate you are.:pac:

a. Why couldn't you.
    b. I'm certain it has been.
    c. Not allowed to discuss that on thread.
    d. Why bother wasting keystrokes on replying to the dude. It'll be sorted.

Sorry. Didn't realise we couldn't discuss it. My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Rumours that it will be announced that Jen Chang has been sacked tomorrow

Good decision if they have actually pulled the trigger. LOL at his following on this forum.

Sorry. Didn't realise we couldn't discuss it. My bad.

It's a weird boards thingy. You'll get the hang of it over time ;)

It's a weird boards thingy. You'll get the hang of it over time ;)

I better read the charter again I suppose. God dammit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Am I stupid or have the tags gone missing? Why can't I see them in the thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Did someone fart?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Good decision if they have actually pulled the trigger. LOL at his following on this forum.

Has he fans here?

Why would anyone give a crap about a communications director? :confused:

Gbear wrote: »

They are there for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,736 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Not replying = no more posts.

Simples

Are you using the dark skin?...cos they are missing for me too.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Are you using the dark skin?...cos they are missing for me too.

I checked changing back to extra regular and they still weren't there.

I checked changing back to extra regular and they still weren't there.

Is extra regular the normal skin or the old view?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is extra regular the normal skin or the old view?

The one labeled "Default" in appearance settings.

• Advertisement

I'm still using the old one and they are there for me.

The one labeled "Default" in appearance settings.

The only thing I can think of is that they are only working for people still using the old site view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Has he fans here?

Why would anyone give a crap about a communications director? :confused:

I'm too lazy to dig out posts but, yes, there are a few people who followed him on Twitter and thought he was very smart, etc.

I'm too lazy to dig out posts but, yes, there are a few people who followed him on Twitter and thought he was very smart, etc.
    Following him on Twitter doesn't make you a fan

Turns out he's a proper feckin eejit.

Strange the lack of comment from the earlier Suarez quotes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

he is staying, end of

he is staying, end of
    Pardon me for expecting discussion on boards

Strange the lack of comment from the earlier Suarez quotes.

552400_10151381774597573_709339899_n.jpg

He looks happy enough to me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Pardon me for expecting discussion on boards

ah i know, just dont wanna talk about in case it might happen!!

552400_10151381774597573_709339899_n.jpg

He looks happy enough to me. :D

Where's 'The Rodgers' in the photo?

When Joe Allen won it he was jacking him off just out of camera shot.

I don't think I need any more proof that things are strained between them and he will be gone in January.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement