Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enable hotspot & Wifi on galaxy S2

Options
  • 06-03-2014 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know if it's possible to enable hotspot and wi-fi feature together. I know they currently will not co-exist. Is there a long way round or does it require rooting of the phone.

I am trying to set-up a chromecast device and i have only 3G broadband via phone, so trying to use the phone as router and cast device.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

boosabum wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone know if it's possible to enable hotspot and wi-fi feature together. I know they currently will not co-exist. Is there a long way round or does it require rooting of the phone.

I am trying to set-up a chromecast device and i have only 3G broadband via phone, so trying to use the phone as router and cast device.

Cheers

Not possible as it has only one radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

boosabum wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers

Download foxfi from the playstore

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭boosabum

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Download foxfi from the playstore

thanks for the heads up TTG, looks like this may be the answer.

Hopefully it will fool the chromecast device also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭boosabum

Don't think foxfi is the solution as it just seems to allow hotspot which wasn't a problem anyway.

Advertisement