Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gmaps glitching?

Options
  • 10-06-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Using gmaps recently the map starts shaking/jumping around and I have to exit out of the app, has anyone else experienced this?
    SGS2 on Pure ICS rom.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

I've been using pure ics only since april but I've not noticed this and I use gmaps quiet a bit! Which version are you using? Been on 7.3 most of the time but migrated to 7.5 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

try clearing the apps cache seems to fix alot of problems, let us know how that goes for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep got that on the SGS2 but not on the SGS3 yet.

A restart sorts it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

croo wrote: »
    I've been using pure ics only since april but I've not noticed this and I use gmaps quiet a bit! Which version are you using? Been on 7.3 most of the time but migrated to 7.5 last week.
    Oh, I thought you meant Gmaps 7.5 for a minute and was wondering "what the hell?" :pac:
    I'm still on Pure ICS 7.3, it's been fine up until recently actually, Apex launcher freezes and restarts sometimes, might be one of their updates.
    (There's a few things I keep spotting in it too like white text on grey backgrounds but they're minor niggles)

Anyway, I haven't seen the maps jumping in a while, a restart probably fixed it, but I'll clear cache next time it happens.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

I thought you meant Gmaps 7.5 for a minute and was wondering "what the hell?"
    I guess could have been a little clearer. :)
    [Pure ICS] 7.5 is just as stable as 7.3 and doesn't require a wipe - though I did do clear of the cache. All of the issues with text & background I was aware of have been resolved. Though I'd mostly noted black on black issues, not the grey & white you mention.

The only issue I've noted is, you cannot put a image (other than the theme's background) on the lock screen. I remember one thing you asked before about Pure ICS was whether the player controls were visible on the lock screen. I'm not sure if this is effected by the same issue that blocks using an image on the lock screen though as I stopped using the google music player - it kept screwing up the indexes on my music collection so it wouldn't play certain files. I wiped it once and reinstalled and all was okay for a short while but then it happened again. It seems it's a long know problem with no definitive solution, so I switched to poweramp which is very nice and has no such issues - but its controls never appeared on the lock screen, even of 7.3, so I'm unsure the functionality still exists (for google music player) on 7.5

• Advertisement
Advertisement