Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung's all-metal Galaxy A5 and A3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Samsung getting desperate?[/url]

Nah. Samsung just release a new device every 2 days. You can't keep up. As soon as you buy something from them it's no longer the latest model a couple of weeks later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

They can encase it in solid gold for all I care - as long as it has Touchwiz on it, I won't be going near it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

It says in the article, that the launch is in China. So they most be offering it as a cheaper alternative to its S5 & Alpha. Its a smart business move, as not all customers can afford a top of the range Samsung. But now than can have a cheaper substitute. Kinda like way Apple was supposed to release a cheaper Iphone around the time of the Iphone 5S, but just rebranded their 5 as 5C. There is a rapidly growing middle class in Asia, that cant afford super expensive phones, but something in between a cheap and expensive one.

I was in China and most Chinese consumers use Samsungs S4 and Notes. Asians prefer bigger screens and Samsung allows custom keyboards for their native language. Where as Apple lost customer to the fact, they dont allow custom keyboards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

BadPanda wrote: »
    They can encase it in solid gold for all I care - as long as it has Touchwiz on it, I won't be going near it.

that's true touchwiz is crap and one of the reasons i wont go near a samsung phone, abouyt time they start getting rid of the plastic noinsense as well

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

timetogo wrote: »
    Nah. Samsung just release a new device every 2 days. You can't keep up. As soon as you buy something from them it's no longer the latest model a couple of weeks later.

That's interesting! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

hfallada wrote: »
    Apple lost customer to the fact, they dont allow custom keyboards

Since the advent of ios8 it's now possible to install custom keyboards including Swiftkey. High time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I read about these two phone on google play newstands a few weeks ago. It's a great place to keep up to date on new phones and such another great place for finding new interesting stuff is google+.

Advertisement