Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Announces The Hudl2 - 16GB Intel Quad Core, 8.3" 1080P - Only £129

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We have the original since December, it's a pretty good tablet and its gets a fair amount of abuse from a kid and stands up to it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

advertsfox wrote: »
    Looks really nice, so cheap for the specfications and Parcel Motel will be our helpful friend. Like the custom colours as well.

Looks nice. Unspecced a goodly amount from the "1", or the "Classic", or whatever we'll be calling it now.

But... no RoI release, again? That seems annoying and pointless. Would be much more likely to spring for one of these (even given the higher VAT and inevitable markup) if I could use my clubcard vouchers on it, and importantly, be able to return it to a local store if there's a fault.

I bought the H1 while in the UK, had some minor issues with it (the screen responsiveness that was apparently a very common problem), and decided to return it under "change of mind" lest they become worse over time, and I was stuck with no way to effectively return it.

Got stung for about a fiver in currency conversion margins between the credit card payment and refund, though. Should have paid in cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Review here - http://www.trustedreviews.com/tesco-hudl-2-review
    This looks absolutely fantastic for the money. My old tablet has terrible battery life and is a bit long in the tooth now, this ticks all the boxes for me especially at this price point. Santa (through Parcel Motel) will be bringing one of these here to me. Can order online on October 8th - http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl/

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭emo72

Available for 65 pound for club card holders? That seems to good to be true. I can get family over there to buy it

Edit... that seems to let you use your credit on your card off the cost. So not great.

But even at 129 sterling it seems a great bargain. Would it be safe to say this is the best sub 200 euro tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

emo72 wrote: »
    Available for 65 pound for club card holders? That seems to good to be true. I can get family over there to buy it

Edit... that seems to let you use your credit on your card off the cost. So not great.
    £65 in club card vouchers. i.e., if you happen to have spent £6,500 in Tesco (Tesco UK specifically?), not have spent any of the vouchers already, and not have any better clubcard deals you want to spend them on (some of them are triple and quadruple voucher face value if they just happen to be something you otherwise want/need).

Still, how bad. Wonder if RoI euro-denominated vouchers work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nzamcdza

This LOOKS like a great deal will wait for a few more reviews then maybe get it at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭pedatron

advertsfox wrote: »

Bit bullet and ordered for the parents. It looks great anyway! Order accepted through parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Has anyone used Irish Club card points to redeem against the unit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Would there be many app compatibility problems with an intel tablet? I haven't seen many in the wild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

megaten wrote: »
    Would there be many app compatibility problems with an intel tablet? I haven't seen many in the wild.
    None at this stage, esp. in regards to mainstream apps. Some smaller lesser known apps may have issues if they are complex but I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

What phone number do you use with tesco direct to order through parcel motel? Looking for a UK phone number with the following :

Your phone number must begin with 01, 02 or 07 and contain 10 or 11 digits including the dialling code.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Invincible

Beekay wrote: »
    What phone number do you use with tesco direct to order through parcel motel? Looking for a UK phone number with the following :

Your phone number must begin with 01, 02 or 07 and contain 10 or 11 digits including the dialling code.

Use the number of parcel motel, worked for me before.

Invincible wrote: »
    Use the number of parcel motel, worked for me before.

Can only find Irish number on parcel motel site. Won't allow me to continue until I use a UK number fitting the requirements I posted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

This looks like a great tablet.

Hopefully it gets Android Lollipop too, then it'd be set!

Had an issue with the tesco direct site. Had to type in my PM ID in in word format. ie 'one seven four six six six'. I missed a number in mine by mistake and and PM are unable to locate my package. :( They signed for it and everything but no sign of it yet. I had ordered before off tesco and had no issues so didn't double check my address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Gonna buy this for my dad and give it to him for Christmas. Great spec and performance for that price. Going to get it quite cheap too since it's double discount this weekend for staff over in the UK :D and there's a voucher for £15 off a £75 spend which curiously I've already redeemed and is still active in my account! Should cost me about £90. Absolute bargain.

For anyone interested I'm having an awful time with parcel motel trying to get this package or even a return for it. Been almost a month since I ordered now and they still keep telling me they are looking into it. I used to swear by parcel motel but the way they are stalling here is driving me mad. Waiting three weeks for it to be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

That's awful annoying pal!
    I'd be tearing my freaking hair out!
    Probably even drive up myself and ask if I could help find it :)

I wonder if the number you gave, minus the correct digit, related to anouther PM user, and it was forwarded to them instead? Or are all PMID's the same number of digits?

Did you tell PM exactly what the "wrong" ID was, so that they could locate it?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    That's awful annoying pal!
    I'd be tearing my freaking hair out!
    Probably even drive up myself and ask if I could help find it :)

I wonder if the number you gave, minus the correct digit, related to anouther PM user, and it was forwarded to them instead? Or are all PMID's the same number of digits?

Did you tell PM exactly what the "wrong" ID was, so that they could locate it?

When I went looking for proof of purchase I noticed the PM ID was actually right all along so I had done nothing wrong!! It just came up in parts when they emailed me but it looks correct on a delivery docket or an invoice. I've sent over ten emails including one explaining the PM ID was actually right to the same man who is prompt in replying but I wonder is he actually doing anything to alleviate the problem!!

Very annoying. My poor mother was actually looking forward to her first tablet and this happens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Hi guys, what are the downfalls of choosing an Intel tablet or smartphone?

apart from apps not being compatible.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I've heard there's no ambient light sensor so no auto brightness.

Parcel Motel just text me. Parcel has been found and is in my depot right now! My constant badgering and nagging paid off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

cant wait to hear an indepth review with pix please

Ordered one for the brothers birthday present, might play around with it today or tomorrow before setting it up.

beno619 wrote: »
    Ordered one for the brothers birthday present, might play around with it today or tomorrow before while setting it up.

Did you order using parcel motel?

Beekay wrote: »
    Did you order using parcel motel?

Yep. Paid for 1 day delivery, took 2 days but wont kick up a fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

beno619 wrote: »
    Yep. Paid for 1 day delivery, took 2 days but wont kick up a fuss.

when did parcel motel get it? if they got it within the first day, you got it on time.

RossieMan wrote: »
    when did parcel motel get it? if they got it within the first day, you got it on time.

Nope tracked it online, dispatched on Monday, Arrived at PM hq on Tuesday and in my local PM last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

thats 1 day delivery?

Advertisement