Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute - West to Midlands

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

The Gar wrote: »
    My wife is happy with the move as she is a country girl also, she likes the idea. the school is a nice school and the community had not really changed since I was a kid as it is quiet rural, my kiddies are young so not settled where I live now. We have a few options when it comes to work as either myself or my wife could work full time with the other minding kiddies and doing a bit on the farm. We would be ok for shops, local shop 1/2 mile small town 3 miles, decent town 7 miles and county town 15 miles. Was your commute by car?

As long as everyone is happy with it that's fine. Even so don't underestimate how tiring a long commute can be. If you're not tired when you get in after work the tiredness can also be cumulative in that it could affect your health and energy over a long period. However if you have a supportive family and you manage your work well this can be alleviated.

My commute was mainly by train but the train times, overcrowding and overall service are so dire on my train (Waterford line) that I drive in once a week during the winter months and more during the summer months. Driving isn't ideal at the moment with the construction work at Newlands Cross but it gives me the option of meeting friends after work once a week. I am single but if you have a family this issue should not affect you. Even though I am from the area where I live it is difficult to fit in as a single person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 The Gar

Emme wrote: »
    As long as everyone is happy with it that's fine. Even so don't underestimate how tiring a long commute can be. If you're not tired when you get in after work the tiredness can also be cumulative in that it could affect your health and energy over a long period. However if you have a supportive family and you manage your work well this can be alleviated.

My commute was mainly by train but the train times, overcrowding and overall service are so dire on my train (Waterford line) that I drive in once a week during the winter months and more during the summer months. Driving isn't ideal at the moment with the construction work at Newlands Cross but it gives me the option of meeting friends after work once a week. I am single but if you have a family this issue should not affect you. Even though I am from the area where I live it is difficult to fit in as a single person.

I think I could probably handle the tirdness in the summer but the drive in the winter could be a nightmare. The new lands cross upgrade will be a great help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 redmerx

Hi,
    I am travelling from carlow to Dublin(bus) daily at the moment.
    I plan changing to Waterford, but public transport is too late in the morning.
    Anybody out there interested in Car Pooling Carlow to Waterford?
    Flexi- Hours & parking available

Advertisement