Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I'm using (the paid version of) u torrent and I don't seem to have that issue. I click on the magnet link and away it goes.

Thanks. Maybe I should use the paid version so. I am doing the exact same thing I have done on my previous phones (SG3 and HTC) but nothing is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I've had the free version for ages & never had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Same here, never any issues with utorrent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Exact same problem as Gazzer for me aswell so I just switched to Vuse, way slicker programme and better control of files and folders, cant tell if it uses more or less battery power, insignificant difference anyway. I used utorrent for years and it was working on Oneplus before but I had to get rid of it from my laptop and switch to Vuse aswell when it turned into pure bloatware overnight, maybe the prolem is at utorrents end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Think Flud is much better than Utorrent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Accidentally dropped my phone two weeks ago and pretty much smashed the lens of the rear view camera. It's still working but photos are useless - blurry and hazy. Anyone know where I might get a repair?
    Oneplus customer service just tried quoting me €247 just to replace this tiny circle of glass & that's almost the price of a new one.
    I've only had the phone since mid March.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

Replace it yourself. Its beyond easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Morning all!

My head isn't screwed on properly this morning, it being Monday and all :D
    But I'm trying to switch my Gapps out from one type to another.

In the XDA thread for this, the below instructions are given:
    In order to switch to TK GApps from another GApps provider or remove an Addon Module you're no longer using, you will need to (from Recovery - In the order listed):
    1.Manually wipe (format) your System partition
    2.Flash your ROM
    3.Flash GApps package
    4.Flash any Addon Modules (optional)
    5.Wipe the Dalvik & cache
    6.Reboot

NOTE: You won't lose any of your data or application settings using this method. This method MUST be used when switching to TK GApps from another GApps provider.

Now, it's the NOTE that I don't get.
    Surely if I wipe my system ala part 1, I will certainly lose my data and app settings as the note states that I won't!

Anyone with a functioning brain this morning tell me this isn't a contradiction? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Constantly sold out on the site right now. Rather frustrating as I really want one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

What's the best way to completely back up the phone and restore. I have a few glitches and I'm wondering if a reset would solve it. Or will the restore just bring back the glitches I already have? Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

eoinf wrote: »
    What's the best way to completely back up the phone and restore. I have a few glitches and I'm wondering if a reset would solve it. Or will the restore just bring back the glitches I already have? Any thoughts?
    Just wipe and start again, its the best way to trim the fat you dont use, same for Windows installations. If you've synced to Google nothing that matters will be lost.

Thargor wrote: »
    Just wipe and start again, its the best way to trim the fat you dont use, same for Windows installations. If you've synced to Google nothing that matters will be lost.

Thanks.

But is there a way of backing up app data?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Thanks.

But is there a way of backing up app data?

That's probably where the "glitches" originate...

SickBoy wrote: »

Makes sense.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

SickBoy wrote: »

I'd say so. I have always been saying on here since my Galaxy S II and my Note II that you should do a clean install of every update to cut back on bugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

So Exodus is pretty sweet. Took me all day yesterday messing around with drivers on two laptops and two cables to get it installed but I got there eventually and it was worth it. It is much faster than CM12.0 and just over all way more responsive. Battery also seemed better today but we'll see how that goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

So Exodus is pretty sweet. Took me all day yesterday messing around with drivers on two laptops and two cables to get it installed but I got there eventually and it was worth it. It is much faster than CM12.0 and just over all way more responsive. Battery also seemed better today but we'll see how that goes.

You need to flash Xposed next, opens up a whole new world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i just installed xposed hoping its going to fix my battery issues.

otherwise i am going to have to move to a different rom.

You need to flash Xposed next, opens up a whole new world

So this?

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-xposed-framework-for-lollipop-alpha.276212/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Yep, that's it. Be careful what modules you install, not all them work, I listed some a few posts back. Take a Nandroid backup in recovery before you install it in case something messes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

Since the lollipop update the GPS has turned to crap, it doesn't update in realtime. However if I close map then open it up again then it will show new location but it is fixed.
    Factory reset, set to high accuracy or installing gps fix apps does not fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Liquidus wrote: »
    Since the lollipop update the GPS has turned to crap, it doesn't update in realtime. However if I close map then open it up again then it will show new location but it is fixed.
    Factory reset, set to high accuracy or installing gps fix apps does not fix it.

I must say that my experience with lollipop in general on all devices has been sketchy at best. Never really fulfilled the promise and pushed on from Jellybean. I think loads of changes were for the worse and stability just isn't there.

To be honest I'm tired of all OS available atm. iOS is too restricted. Android needs so much work to get up and running on the latest version and Windows Phone is just miles behind with apps. Sorry to be going off topic but the lack of stability with software and battery life is getting to me! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

I have swapped over to Vodafone 4g but I'm still not able to pick up 4g signal. Is there any other settings I need to change? Any help much appreciated! I'm living in Arklow but its showing I should be able to pick up signal outdoors. I have also been up around dundrum bray etc but still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Has anyone had any problems with the front LED light?

Since I moved to Cyanogen it hasn't worked properly. It is very faint, I can barely see it when the phone is charging.

I tried the lightflow app but no joy. I have flashed Exodus on it today but that hasnt made any difference either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Guys, has anyone had any issues with "grounding", i.e. the touchscreen not responding correctly? I've read a decent amount on the OnePlus forum about it but there doesn't seem to be a complete answer anywhere. It's incredibly frustrating and at this point i'm thinking of getting rid of the phone due to it. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Guys, has anyone had any issues with "grounding", i.e. the touchscreen not responding correctly? I've read a decent amount on the OnePlus forum about it but there doesn't seem to be a complete answer anywhere. It's incredibly frustrating and at this point i'm thinking of getting rid of the phone due to it. Thanks
    I'm also having the same problem and phantom touches (usually when I try to unlock, at least once a day). Like you, i think i will return the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I'm also having the same problem and phantom touches (usually when I try to unlock, at least once a day). Like you, i think i will return the phone.

For some reason this morning the touchscreen on the phone did not respond and I was pressing it like a frustrated pedestrian at a traffic light:mad: I could not reboot no response at all from the screen. Rooted and I was running CM12 with the latest nightly updates. Rebooted eventually and went into a boot loop so had to do a recovery.

Bit of a frustration but overall happy enough with the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

For some reason this morning the touchscreen on the phone did not respond and I was pressing it like a frustrated pedestrian at a traffic light:mad: I could not reboot no response at all from the screen. Rooted and I was running CM12 with the latest nightly updates. Rebooted eventually and went into a boot loop so had to do a recovery.

Bit of a frustration but overall happy enough with the phone

The solution was posted here recently as I had encountered the same problem, hasnt happened me once since I turned off the ambient display and double tap to wake.

I think that was the solution, have a read a few pages back and you should find it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys my OnePlus has started going haywire. Firstly when I type it sometimes seems t stall for a second and miss a letter or two, very annoying. Then other times it seems to hang for longer and is just unresponsive, for for 10-20 seconds, not even the buttons the bottom respond. So annoying! I'm on the latest CM12, what can I do to fix this?

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys my OnePlus has started going haywire. Firstly when I type it sometimes seems t stall for a second and miss a letter or two, very annoying. Then other times it seems to hang for longer and is just unresponsive, for for 10-20 seconds, not even the buttons the bottom respond. So annoying! I'm on the latest CM12, what can I do to fix this?

Same as the post above, turn off ambient display and double tap to wake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

Just ordered one of these ,is there anything that I need to do with it off the bat to stop some of the probs you lot seem to be having g so far

Is this pre rooted or will I have to do this ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

There seems to be less problems if you stick with standard (clean install) and not trying out different ROMs.

I'd go with the phone as is, you can always play around with ROMs and add one later. I'd do an OTA check out to make sure it is the latest CM. If it updates do a factory reset. Familiarise yourself as to what's now included in the OS as standard, I found I no longer needed some of my usual apps.

There seems to be less problems if you stick with standard (clean install) and not trying out different ROMs.

I'd go with the phone as is, you can always play around with ROMs and add one later. I'd do an OTA check out to make sure it is the latest CM. If it updates do a factory reset. Familiarise yourself as to what's now included in the OS as standard, I found I no longer needed some of my usual apps.

Cheers,think I will leave it alone when I get it haven't tinkered with a rom in a while so think I'll stat that way :) whats it based on right now? Is it kit kat or lolipop based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Latest is 5.0.2.lollipop.

Grand thanks.. how's the battery with it? If it's not already on it when it gets here should I bother updating to it??

While I think of it is there a way to get Google caller I'd on there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Mc Love wrote: »
    The solution was posted here recently as I had encountered the same problem, hasnt happened me once since I turned off the ambient display and double tap to wake.

I think that was the solution, have a read a few pages back and you should find it.

Thanks, will give this a try and report back. I'm on bog standard CM11, not rooted so the problem definitely isn't of my own making!

Edit: This looks promising! http://www.ibtimes.co.in/cyanogen-cm12-1-android-5-1-lollipop-update-oneplus-one-enters-testing-phase-will-fix-635360

Thanks, will give this a try and report back. I'm on bog standard CM11, not rooted so the problem definitely isn't of my own making!

Edit: This looks promising! http://www.ibtimes.co.in/cyanogen-cm12-1-android-5-1-lollipop-update-oneplus-one-enters-testing-phase-will-fix-635360

Hopefully I can turn back on the ambient display not that I have missed it much tbh or the double tap to wake.

My experience is exactly the opposite. :) The phone is way better since I put Exodus on it. All of the little niggly bugs such as touchscreen being unresponsive and the phone getting too hot and poor battey have been solved by Exodus and the phone is much snappier and definitely more responsive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

My experience is exactly the opposite. :) The phone is way better since I put Exodus on it. All of the little niggly bugs such as touchscreen being unresponsive and the phone getting too hot and poor battey have been solved by Exodus and the phone is much snappier and definitely more responsive.

I only installed Exodus last night. So just getting my phone back to the way I want it. Hard to put my finger on anything in specific, but it does feel better, snappier and less issues overall, so glad I did it.

Is there anything else I should install/change or be doing now that I've joined the Exodus world?

Cheers

• Administrators Posts: 54,109 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Has anyone tried the solution of opening the phone and insulating the digitizer to fix the touch issues?

• Advertisement

Hey pal!
    When you went to Exodus, did you do a clean install?
    Start from fresh or bring a backup with you?

Thanks

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I only installed Exodus last night. So just getting my phone back to the way I want it. Hard to put my finger on anything in specific, but it does feel better, snappier and less issues overall, so glad I did it.

Is there anything else I should install/change or be doing now that I've joined the Exodus world?

Cheers

You can look at Xposed modules:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/g...-alpha.276212/

I haven't got my head fully around them yet but mass_debater posted some info about them on the last couple of pages. I also changed the screen back to vibrant because I thought it looked a little washed out when it was reset during the Exodus install.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Hey pal!
    When you went to Exodus, did you do a clean install?
    Start from fresh or bring a backup with you?

Thanks

Yeah I did a completely fresh install. Most of my stuff was already backed up on the cloud or wasn't really important so I just started completely clean.

AFAIK most people recommend that you do a completely fresh install. You have to unlock the bootloader to use custom roms so unless you have done that before, it will wipe your data anyway.

Although you should make a nandroid backup just in case anything goes wrong :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Regards the phone running smoother on Exodus, there's alot to be said for a clean install of anything! Don't get me wrong I'm on that rom myself and love it.

Yeah I did a completely fresh install. Most of my stuff was already backed up on the cloud or wasn't really important so I just started completely clean.

AFAIK most people recommend that you do a completely fresh install. You have to unlock the bootloader to use custom roms so unless you have done that before, it will wipe your data anyway.

Although you should make a nandroid backup just in case anything goes wrong :)

I am already good to go for the most part :)

I am using the CM12.1 nightlies, so am unlocked and have the latest TWRP.

Only thing I don't have is a nandroid backup, so I might make one, though I haven't done this in years as was never that concerned, but might be handy to have in case anything goes wrong :D

I was going to do a fresh install of the latest CM nightly, but I'm sick of CM to be honest, so might give Exodus a go!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

awec wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the solution of opening the phone and insulating the digitizer to fix the touch issues?

Ive had my phone apart twice because i smashed the screen twice.

I have no touch screen issues at all. And i never 'insulated' the digitizer. If its not meant to be in there dont put it in there. Tolerances are very very very slim

• Advertisement

What Gapps are you guys using with your custom ROMs?

I've TK Gapps for 5.1.1 downloaded, anyone using these? :)

Thanks

I used BaNkS-dynamic-gapps-L-6-6-15

Anyone
    Have any spare screen savers?

Dropped. Screen ****ed.

Anyone get it repaired locally or do it them self?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Dropped. Screen ****ed.

Anyone get it repaired locally or do it them self?

I sent my wife's phone back to one plus the cost Inc DHL was €147 took ten days got a brand new one plus one Back, i was going to fix it myself but I'd have voided my warranty and plus no guarantee that there was no other damage to the phone other than a cracked screen and digitizer

• Advertisement
Advertisement