Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

This is a life, well phone, saver - http://www.wugfresh.com/brt/

Managed to hard brick my phone when trying to put CM12 onto it for lollipop "experience". Completely unresponsive - no lights, no power, no nothing.

After some poking around on XDA, I read a few threads about leaving phone unplugged for 12 - 24h and then loading Color OS (Chinese OS) and then restoring back to CM11.

To cut a long story short, the WUG toolkit was good for CM11 install (tried a few others but failed @ boom.img flash) and then an unlock & root least I ever want to try brick it again :)

Needs ADB installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_promises_oxygenos_lollipop_update_by_march_30-news-11579.php

Lollipop dates announced!

27th march for onepluses new lollipop based oxegen os

30th march for lollipop based cyanogenmod 12s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Is anyone else having issues with the phone rebooting itself.
    Happens every 2 or 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

thomasj wrote:

thomasj wrote:

thomasj wrote:

How will this work? Will they both be over OTA, or sideload them?

moleyv wrote: »
    How will this work? Will they both be over OTA, or sideload them?

It's hard to say, but I'd say the oxegen is will be sideload option with the cyanogenmod OTA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone have the data cable? It looks good, weird looking USB part though
    It says the cable is 5mW rated, is it possible to get a cable with more mW? I can't seem to find mW info on other sites.
    prev1_1_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Same cable that comes with the charger.

Same cable that comes with the charger.

Oh. Didn't know why I didn't think of that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

thomasj wrote: »
    http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_promises_oxygenos_lollipop_update_by_march_30-news-11579.php

Whgich one will everybody be installing, think I will go with 12s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

ill try out oxygen myself

• Advertisement

Do you have to use Paypal to buy one? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Do you have to use Paypal to buy one? :(

Whats wrong with using paypal? Just had a look does seem you have to.

jimmii wrote: »
    Whats wrong with using paypal? Just had a look does seem you have to.

Ive to sign up and attach my debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

One thing i'm curious about is that CM12 nightlies are being constantly improved with features being added regularly, mostly little things, but if CM12s has been finished for awhile now and is going through QC checks does that mean its going to be missing alot of the more recent changes? It will be interesting to see, if its the case for me it will be a step backwards and ill be sticking to the nightlies.

Whgich one will everybody be installing, think I will go with 12s.

Yep I'm thinking the same although I might give it a week or so to see how everyone's getting on then make up my mind.

Will be curious to hear peoples thoughts on the new oxygen os

Ive to sign up and attach my debit card.

Yep and you have to wait for a few days for the code to verify your card to appear on your bank statement. Unless the bank has the transaction details in advance.

thomasj wrote: »
    Yep and you have to wait for a few days for the code to verify your card to appear on your bank statement. Unless the bank has the transaction details in advance.

Someone else said you can pay for it through paypal as a once off. Might try that instead.

Im thinking of holding off from buying the OPO until the OnePlus power bank becomes available to buy them both together...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

not much use to you but its available to buy in the states already

daytob wrote: »
    not much use to you but its available to buy in the states already

Yeah,saw that earlier. It just came out today.

Theres a delayed release in Europe because "Processing battery certifications (FCC, CE, and battery compliance) is very time sensitive. Since each country in our global market has different requirements and regulations, all battery certifications used different procedures and were not finalized as quickly as we had hoped. Each one needed to be completed individually before moving forward, and this resulted in the wait."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Mr.S wrote: »
    Hm just did that there, what exactly am I disabling though?
    Not much that I can see, just fixing a bad design, havent had one single issue or the suspicion of an issue since I did it a week ago anyway:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-google-play-services-battery-t2832525

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Did they not launch the power banks this week as planned?
    I'm using xiaomi's latest power bank with mine and it looks and works great. Should be cheaper as well. Just make sure you buy original from reputable store/seller. ibuygou or banggood are legit.

I'll wait til both launchers are upgraded and pick whatever is closest to stock. I'm running several lollipop tablets and it helps if they look/ operate similar. Have mine customised similar to nexus at the moment whilst I've a friend who has upgraded from a line of Samsungs running a OPO that looks like touchwiz. Am still loving how customisable this phone in. That plus the best built in batterty easily lasting a full day. 64gb is plenty of storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

So has anyone tried linking a smartwatch to the one plus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Evolution1 wrote: »

No as I don't have a smart watch or plan on getting one. one reviewer I follow on youtube said it is just adding an extra step. As you look at smart watch then take out your phone to finish task or look at said message or email properly. So in short just take the phone out of your pocket. Rather than look at smart watch and then take phone out of pocket, but they are good for fitness tracking if you are into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

I have one linked with my one plus but alot of the features are lost as its meant for Samsung. Use to be able to reply to texts ect. Also all calls are routed to the watch which is fairly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Was looking for a car USB charger earlier they all seem to be 1a output, is this enough to charge the oneplus?

Any link to the Xiaomi power bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

jozi wrote: »
    Was looking for a car USB charger earlier they all seem to be 1a output, is this enough to charge the oneplus?

Any link to the Xiaomi power bank?

2.1a is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Evolution1 wrote: »

I've had a pebble and Android wear watch paired with my OPO with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

irishmover wrote: »
    2.1a is ideal.

They all seem to be 1a, or two x 1a for the one I was looking at which has a nice low profile design.

Will it charge or just sustain the battery at which ever level its at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

They all seem to be 1a, or two x 1a for the one I was looking at which has a nice low profile design.

It should charge if you're not using the phone, will just be a bit slow.

2.1a charges my phone from dead to full in about 1.5 hours give or take a few mins generally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

This is the one that I use with mine and it charges the phone while still using Bluetooth and Navigation etc

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E1UWA4O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I found that the cable that I used seemed to effect the charging time too so got one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0088HTYUE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

1.5m was long enough for me to route it under the dash and around the trim to the cradle.

Happy with the setup now.

Advertisement