Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air stuck in pipes on sealed system

Options
  • 18-10-2012 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a (newly) sealed system, myson pump connected on the return side of the system, pumping water into the boiler.

I had a small weep somewhere in the system, as air kept gathering in the bathroom radiator. I injected some fernox F4 into the system, and now the pressure holds at 1bar, and no more air in the rads!

The problem now is that there seems to be air in the pipes. This can be heard when the pump is turned on first. It is like an airy rushing noise in the wall behind the pump.

I have tried everything to get the air to collect in a radiator, but anytime I try to bleed the rads (with the pump off) there is no air there at all.

I tried to bleed the pump by undoing the big black bolt on the front of the pump. Nothing at all comes out, no air or water!

Does anybody have any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

There should be auto air vents installed at high points of the pipework, make sure that caps are loose so that they can release any air that accumulates.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Hi Pete,

THanks for the reply!

As far as I can see there are no air release valves.

In the attic there are two pipes coming up from below. One goes straight into the pressure vessel and the other goes into the non return valve and the prv. The non return valve is the highest point in the system.

Would it be worth fitting an automatic air release just before the non return valve?

Advertisement