Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surveys - Commuting & Transport

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Anybody else think that there are too many bridges over the Liffey? If they add many more they might as well cover the whole thing in and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

OP, we won't do your homework for you.

Anybody else think that there are too many bridges over the Liffey? If they add many more they might as well cover the whole thing in and be done with it.
    You've not been to Cork then? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

Victor wrote: »
    OP, we won't do your homework for you.

Do my homework for me? Who asked anyone do my homework for me? I was asking for people's opinions. You know, the kind of the thing that happens on internet forums?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,996 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I'm currently working on a college project regarding this bridge...

Hmmmmm
    Do my homework for me? Who asked anyone do my homework for me? ?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

Hmmmmm

;)

Yeah I have a college project. The college project isn't what my opinion of the bridge is. I'm not trying to plagiarise from boards.ie posters. I asked what people's opinions is because I was interested in what the public thought of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 We are where we are

Hi there,

My name is David Ralph. I am a researcher at the Institute for Social Sciences in the 21st Century at University College Cork.

I am currently researching the phenomenon of long-distance, overseas commuting among Irish families.

The return of high levels of emigration in recent years has been much-debated. However, a largely “invisible” group of those currently recorded as emigrating may be better classified as “overseas commuters” – that is, people who travel abroad for work for much of the week or month, then return for short visits to their family back in Ireland.

I am looking to speak with families where one person in the family commutes overseas for work, then returns at regular intervals to spend time with their partner who remains in Ireland. I am looking to speak with both the "commuting" and the "non-commuting" partner.

Those willing to be interviewed can do so anonymously. Interviews should last no more than one to one-and-half hours, and can be carried out at a location of your choice. Interview questions will focus on the experience of commuting for families, what challenges and opportunities it presents.
    If interested, please contact me at the following: <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Perhaps best to send a private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 digmktg stud

Hi all, we are a group of MSc Digital Marketing students and we are working on a project that focuses on Online Ethnography Research to study Dublin Bus.

As students, we all use Dublin Bus and we think that the company needs to improve the way they manage their digital channels starting from the Dublin Bus app, website and Twitter and Facebook page.

National Transport statistics (2010-2012) show that the annual passenger revenue is increasing but the number of buses is decreasing as well as the passenger volume. So, why they don’t use the revenue to update their digital channels and competencies?

Are you currently happy about the Dublin Bus app, the website and the Facebook & Twitter accounts?

Do you think that they can improve? How?

Thank you,
    Tove, Lara, Sabina and Conor

Most would be happy if the buses came on time, and couldn't care less about anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 2 digmktg stud

We absolutely agree on that :D

But, for example, for me would be great to have new features on the apps and maybe more engagement on the facebook page.

Lara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Would love a Window phone app.

Do you need any help from workers point of view op?

Would love to have it etched into peoples heads to treat DB staff with some respect also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

They need to improve their email. Dublin Bus believes its acceptable to reply to an email within 10 workings day. It shouldnt be more than 2-3 days max.

A decent app would be to report late misses, several buses of the same route coming at once or buses that didnt turn up. Dublin bus could then identify which buses are constantly late or falling to turn up and actually address the issue. Where as now they have inspectors at certain stops standing waiting for buses to arrive. They never take notes and they arent going to report their co-workers tardiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

hfallada wrote: »
    They need to improve their email. Dublin Bus believes its acceptable to reply to an email within 10 workings day. It shouldnt be more than 2-3 days max.

A decent app would be to report late misses, several buses of the same route coming at once or buses that didnt turn up. Dublin bus could then identify which buses are constantly late or falling to turn up and actually address the issue. Where as now they have inspectors at certain stops standing waiting for buses to arrive. They never take notes and they arent going to report their co-workers tardiness.

They already know what ones are late and to be honest with all the complaints coming in they have to be realistic as it is a big demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Maybe I'm selfish, but I don't really care about the DB app, since Google (both Google Maps, and Google Now) has the data to give me answers quicker.

Advertisement