Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 7 (2013) Cyanogen Mod?

• 23-10-2014 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the latest and safest CM build for the N7? I just got the tablet yesterday and I have a OnePlus One as my phone and love CM11s and would like CM on the N7.

I'm especially missing the double tap to wake feature from my 1+

Also any step by step flashing and rooting guide would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I'm not in a position to advice you on way to go about manually rooting and installing as i know sfa about it but it looks like your nexus is covered by the cyanogenmod windows installer. Which basically does the whole process for you. You will end up with a build from a different development stream though (not M snapshots) but they are regarded as very stable(and on the surface the exact same anyway).

Here's the trick though, if you go through the windows installer process you'll then be rooted and have a custom recovery. So at that point there's nothing stopping you downloading a recent M zip and manually installing through recovery. You can get regular updates as they come out from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I believe Lollipop will include the double tap to wake as standard.
    If that's all you're looking for just wait a week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Thanks for the help lads.

My main wish list:

1. Double tap to wake

2. You know when you swipe up from the bottom to get Google now well I can't find the options to set other shortcuts such as put the screen to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Its extremely stable and easy to install, no issues whatsoever. I recommend the CM Updater method as it's fool proof.

Double tap to wake can be install on the default CM kernel and swipe up is customisable (I use it to kill apps).

All versions - https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=flo

CM Wiki N7 - http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Flo_Info

CM Update Guide - http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Updating

That's excellent thanks.

So with the CM updated I simply connect to PC and it unlocks, roots and flashs CM? That's all I need to do?

I don't need to do a backup if I just got the tablet and haven't even set it up?

• Advertisement

That's excellent thanks.

So with the CM updated I simply connect to PC and it unlocks, roots and flashs CM? That's all I need to do?

I don't need to do a backup if I just got the tablet and haven't even set it up?
    Yup, there is a CM Updater app on the Play Store to accompany you so install that first, follow the steps and be done in ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 redacted

I'd really recommend doing the unlock and flash by hand rather than trusting the CM automatic tools.
    Flashing a Nexus device is trivial, and you'll get a better feel for how to fix things if/when it all goes wrong - how adb/fastboot/recovery work is useful knowledge.

The CyanogenMod wiki has thorough instructions for the Nexus 7, unlocking, recovery, ROM flash. I can't post links, but Google "install cyanogenmod on nexus 7 2013".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭kc56

The CM Installer uses a different and older version of CM than the abd/fastboot method and is updated less frequently. However it is simple to use and fast. That said, the latest installed includes the 4.4.4 update. What you don't get are the monthly or nightly builds.

See here for more

Got it installed earlier via the installer :) Now I want to make sure I have a backup as I've it set up what's the best method?

Got it installed earlier via the installer :) Now I want to make sure I have a backup as I've it set up what's the best method?
    Nandroid, reboot into Recovery and run a Nandroid backup

• Advertisement

Cheers. Last question just missing double tap to wake anyone managed to set it up on this device?

Cheers. Last question just missing double tap to wake anyone managed to set it up on this device?
    Yes just install this app below, once opened the only settings you need are in the sensor settings (to get to seconds image). Double tap the top of the screen (where the notification bar would be) to enable the screen. Double tap also by default puts the phone asleep if this setting is enabled in Display:

Cq7xAQG.pngV39tiTa.png

YesuHYK.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.maicas.android.wsleep&hl=en

That's great thanks massively for all your help lads.

Hopefully CMs stable build of Android L will have the double tap included.

Advertisement