Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Forum - Poor Moderation

Options
  • 31-10-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭

Banned from the Australia forum for a week in a really heavy handed, ill considered way.

I asked a genuine question and got a snarky reply: 'if you don't know the answers you shouldn't need to ask the questions' or some crap like that.

That poster was obviously being a cocķ so i called him a cocķ. I get a straight up ban for a week for being 'uncivil', other poster has no action taken against him for what is obviously am uncivil, unhelpful reply.

Very poor moderation. I don't like to complain but that is unjust. Maybe your man is a favourite in that forum or something but that doesnt excuse such one sided and thoughtless moderation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'll look into this for you.

First of all, there's no need to insult another poster here, it does you no favours.

Have you PMed the mod in question to discuss the ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I didn't PM the mod, no. I just wanted that ban to be on record here as it just seemed over the top and one sided in the context, possibly favouritism.

Advertisement