Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

galaxy s3 warranty? rooted?

• 24-11-2013 4:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

i have a s3 which i bought second hand in new condition. the phone says its on since the 22-12-12. so its under a year old. the phone has a software problem were i cant hear calls threw the speaker but speaker works for everything else. it then drops signal for a few seconds after the failded call

so is my phone covered in the 2 year samsung warranty as its a failed samsung device or do i need a receipt to prove im the original owner

phone is also rooted to unlock from vodafone to meteor and has superSU running 4.1.2

will they fix it? or any advise to solve this?

i relise my warranty might be void from rooting

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭petrolcan

Have you tried a factory reset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

SDS syndrome me thinks. had a similar issue with my sgs3.

stick a stock factory img on it or factory reset and you may have to bring it to a repair shop yourself or send to samsung (doubt meteor will cover it cos you didn't buy it from them)

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Once it's rooted the warranty is void.

Not if you use Triangle Away and unroot it.

Also check if you have bad NAND EMMC

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

petrolcan wrote: »
    Not if you use Triangle Away and unroot it.

Also check if you have bad NAND EMMC

Whats sds syndrome? Yea iv tried factory reset and its de same. From what iv read it seems to be a common fault but its very annoying.

• Advertisement

SDS is sudden death syndrome which has affected some S3s. It's basically a bad memory chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭big_show

Has anyone got a replacement from Samsung? Just finished my contract with Meteor as well and noticed I had the dodgy chip. Which is my best route Meteor or Samsung?

Advertisement