Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Move Itunes

• 04-11-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I am trying to move my Itunes library to my NAS

I am following all the instructions, but when it starts, it begins to copy all the iphone / ipad apps as well

Is this right ?

Can I move only the music or is it everything ?

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

How about deleting all the apps? They're still available for download for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Hi All

I am trying to move my Itunes library to my NAS

I am following all the instructions, but when it starts, it begins to copy all the iphone / ipad apps as well

Is this right ?

Can I move only the music or is it everything ?

DT

As in just the music files? If so, simply copy and paste the music folder to the NAS. When you start itunes if will not be able to locate the itl file.

Close itunes completely. Hold the option key and open itunes again. A pop up will appear and you can browse to the new location (NAS) of your music (itl) folder.

To the best of my knowledge this has to be done every time. Also in my experience this needs to be wired. I tried using WIFI but the performance was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Gordon Minard

Hi DT:

Why do you want to break up your iTunes Library, in the first place? Excuse the silly question but I nearlt lost my iTunes Library, at one stage, by messing around with it?

Also I would have thought that the Apps etc. would not take that much space?

Kind Regards

Gordon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

If the hard drive fails the music is gone, a redundant NAS solves this issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi DT:

Why do you want to break up your iTunes Library, in the first place? Excuse the silly question but I nearlt lost my iTunes Library, at one stage, by messing around with it?

Also I would have thought that the Apps etc. would not take that much space?

Kind Regards

Gordon

Well..its 60gb of space on a mac thats not got much space left

I am ok moving everything, but was sure if everything included the apps and all sundries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Gordon Minard

I would avoid breaking your iTunes Library up . . .

I think that this is going to jump up and bit you in the future?

Is it SSD storage you have on the Mac?

P.S. Sorry for delay reverting :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Is it SSD storage you have on the Mac?

Yep

Advertisement