Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird Heatpac 90

Options
  • 05-03-2015 11:04pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got the FB settings for this old baby. It isnt the same as the one in any of the manuals that I have. This one has a G5 burner. (All manuals have RDBs) It had a .5 60S nozzle and I managed to get it well setup with a same size replacement. The combustion chamber was longer than wide, so I stuck with the 60. From any manuals that I have, all the lower range FB nozzles are 80. As I said, I am happy with setup, but just curious.

341023.jpg
    341024.jpg
    341025.jpg

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Wearb wrote: »
    Anyone got the FB settings for this old baby. It isnt the same as the one in any of the manuals that I have. This one has a G5 burner. (All manuals have RDBs) It had a .5 60S nozzle and I managed to get it well setup with a same size replacement. The combustion chamber was longer than wide, so I stuck with the 60. From any manuals that I have, all the lower range FB nozzles are 80. As I said, I am happy with setup, but just curious.

341023.jpg
    341024.jpg
    341025.jpg

Go with a .60 80degree H @11.5 co2 pump pressure 8.0
    Or look up firebird hideaway or super q room sealed they both have same burner

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Thanks Robbie. Do those boilers that you mentioned have the same baffles as is in the photo? The chamber looks a little narrow for an 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭jimf

that's more or less a popular 90 would agree with Robbie re nozzle and set up but if your happy with your set up leave well enough alone eff somewhere around 82% gross and your on the pigs back

Got 83.9%
    I will try an 80 next time to see if it makes any difference, though it's going to be hard to improve on it. Maybe I'll get another one to play with before end of season.

will b hard to improve on that wearb that's the old design baffle set up just out of interest what kind of fg temp did you get

baffles look good in that boiler some of them can reach into the 280/290 without any obvious reason

• Advertisement

jimf wrote: »
    will b hard to improve on that wearb that's the old design baffle set up just out of interest what kind of fg temp did you get

baffles look good in that boiler some of them can reach into the 280/290 without any obvious reason

Just under 200. Those are after being cleaned, though in great condition. It must be a tolerant boiler. Hadn't been serviced for 5 years.
    Pump was at 5 bar. And air was at 2. Set off my co alarm on analyser. Still not a bit of damage. Go figure.

It was at 1.5 and 8 bar when I finished.

its funny you say 5 bar pump pressure I have come across a couple before reading the same

if I do I advise customer of the need to increase it first incase the pump has failed at that pressure because the first thing you will be told is twas working fine this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Wearb wrote: »
    Thanks Robbie. Do those boilers that you mentioned have the same baffles as is in the photo? The chamber looks a little narrow for an 80.

Didn't scudo2 design and make his own baffles that were much better and efficent than firebirds design?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Didn't scudo2 design and make his own baffles that were much better and efficent than firebirds design?

he sure did dtp but he also used biscuit tins :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Firebird "S" range popular heat-pac
    They came with either a RDB 1 or a G5X
    For G5X
    70,000 btu - .60 80H nozzle @ 8 bar air shutter 1.8

80,000 btu - .60 80H nozzle @ 9.5 bar air shutter 2.15

90,000btu - .75 80S nozzle @ 8 bar air shutter 2.65

same nozzle and pressures for the rdb1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

also 50,000 btu 0.5 80H nozzle @ 8 bar air shutter 1.2