Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New boiler ro replace Ideal Classic

• 05-03-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Hi. My Ideal Classic is now 12 years old and is on it's last legs. Can anybody recommend a replacement that's efficient but won't cost the earth please? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

mattb74 wrote: »
    Hi. My Ideal Classic is now 12 years old and is on it's last legs. Can anybody recommend a replacement that's efficient but won't cost the earth please? Thank you

Ariston clas system evo.
    The installation should cost no less than 1700. If your getting quotes for any boiler install under 1700 then corners are being cut. Your price should include a powerflush as standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Mine is 18 years, I keep wanting to replace it but the money keeps getting consumed elsewhere, so long as it keeps going I suppose, no doubt it will clap at the worst possible time, fingers crossed it isnt soon, at this rate the replacements being recommended will be obsolete,still 1700 sounds like an alright price, all in boiler fitted and flushed, I might be going for the contender of oldest ideal classic, wonder if ideal will do me a deal if it makes 25 :)
    12 sounds too few years, what's the model? Is it giving problems?

cerastes wrote: »
    Mine is 18 years, I keep wanting to replace it but the money keeps getting consumed elsewhere, so long as it keeps going I suppose, no doubt it will clap at the worst possible time, fingers crossed it isnt soon, at this rate the replacements being recommended will be obsolete,still 1700 sounds like an alright price, all in boiler fitted and flushed, I might be going for the contender of oldest ideal classic, wonder if ideal will do me a deal if it makes 25 :)

Just to clarify, 1700 is basic. My average install is 1900-2200 as is most guys I'd say.
    Your boiler is old. Just think, every time it's on, it's using a lot more gas than a new boiler would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭wadk

12 years
    Boiler has a lot of years left
    As I tell customers,weigh up the options, 2 to 3 parts then consideration unless boiler is condemned, obviously exchanging is the only option
    My two cents worth
    Glowworm flexicom sx
    5 years warranty provided rgi installation.
    850 for 30kw boiler and standard flue.

wadk wrote: »
    12 years
    Boiler has a lot of years left
    As I tell customers,weigh up the options, 2 to 3 parts then consideration unless boiler is condemned, obviously exchanging is the only option
    My two cents worth
    Glowworm flexicom sx
    5 years warranty provided rgi installation.
    850 for 30kw boiler and standard flue.

Most boilers nowadays come with 5 year warranty. 30kw is huge if it's a standard estate house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

The current boiler is located in the downstairs utility room and the flue is out into a side passageway at a height of 1950mm. If I do change the boiler is it possible to locate the flue higher than this as I'd like to get the passageway covered over with a polycarbonate multiwall/timber structure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, 1700 is basic. My average install is 1900-2200 as is most guys I'd say.
    Your boiler is old. Just think, every time it's on, it's using a lot more gas than a new boiler would.

I don't think about it anymore, or try not to,it probably adds up to a boiler over the years,but getting the money together isn't an issue there as its spread over years. I like to keep myself informed about what's available.
    What's the difference between a basic and average install? Is it in terms of ease of work? Or is it extras? 2k isn't there now so it will have to hold out for another few years.
    Hijack unintended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

How many 1995 cars do you see on the road:)

I don't think about it anymore, or try not to,it probably adds up to a boiler over the years,but getting the money together isn't an issue there as its spread over years. I like to keep myself informed about what's available.
    What's the difference between a basic and average install? Is it in terms of ease of work? Or is it extras? 2k isn't there now so it will have to hold out for another few years.
    Hijack unintended.
    Yes. Ease of pipework, wiring, cheaper boiler no magnetic filter would be a basic install

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭wadk

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Most boilers nowadays come with 5 year warranty. 30kw is huge if it's a standard estate house

Do ariston? Can't remember as I haven't serviced a HE in over a year down in kildare but 30 kw is huge but you can reduce the output on the boiler parameters for the flexicom.

• Advertisement

wadk wrote: »
    Do ariston? Can't remember as I haven't serviced a HE in over a year down in kildare but 30 kw is huge but you can reduce the output on the boiler parameters for the flexicom.

Yes you can range rate the Ariston too

Advertisement