Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

special needs parking

Options
  • 13-02-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

I had to go to Navan this week, and on Kennedy plaza, saw a woman and a guy having a war off words over a parking space.
    Long story short, it appeared, the guy parked a jeep in a special needs car park space, knew there was a sign as made sure he didnt hit it with his bumper, and seemed to scoff at the idea of moving, when approached by the woman.
    My point is, this seems to happen regularly,and at work, colleagues told me the rules are not enforced by council/wardens,which i think is a disgrace.:mad:
    Is that the norm for Navan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Parking in general in navan is unbelievably crazy ...cars parking in the esb charging points , cars parked in loading bays, trucks parked on the pavement outside aib due to the loading bays been full, cars parked at the postoffice on double yellows directly across from the garda station , taxis just pulling up where ever they want, the fairgreen just been a mess on fridays, buisness blocking off public parking spaces with bins and bollards and yes people using the special needs spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭paul71

Vego wrote: »
    Parking in general in navan is unbelievably crazy ...cars parking in the esb charging points , cars parked in loading bays, trucks parked on the pavement outside aib due to the loading bays been full, cars parked at the postoffice on double yellows directly across from the garda station , taxis just pulling up where ever they want, the fairgreen just been a mess on fridays, buisness blocking off public parking spaces with bins and bollards and yes people using the special needs spaces

Hence why I shop in Maynooth, Blancardstown or Mullingar and would never dream going into the parking nightmare that is Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

same ....for say day to day shopping I go to johnstown supervalu weekly shop is drogheda at one of the retail parks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Avoid entering the town during shopping days (Thurs-Sun), hate it, even at 9 tonight there were take away drivers parked and double parked on double yellow lines in the square, madness, I take all mu business elsewhere tbh, usually Ashbourne/Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

So there seems to rgulation of parking laws in Navan, i barely shop there anymore, it always seems chaotic, but personally i have no time for scum who park in special needs parking zones, and maybe the traffic warden should do his job and stop looking for"easy options"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

AFAIK, it's the Gardaí who are responsible for enforcing the law wrt disabled/special needs spaces, and they can issue an on-the-spot fixed penalty fine of €80 to offenders? Kennedy Plaza is best avoided; it was never meant to be a car park anyway, it's officially a public space, but the town council decided to stick the parking spaces and meters in there anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

chrysagon wrote: »
    I had to go to Navan this week, and on Kennedy plaza, saw a woman and a guy having a war off words over a parking space.
    Long story short, it appeared, the guy parked a jeep in a special needs car park space, knew there was a sign as made sure he didnt hit it with his bumper, and seemed to scoff at the idea of moving, when approached by the woman.
    My point is, this seems to happen regularly,and at work, colleagues told me the rules are not enforced by council/wardens,which i think is a disgrace.:mad:
    Is that the norm for Navan?

Yes it is. Navan drivers are without doubt the worst I have ever experienced, I always avoid if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Yes it is. Navan drivers are without doubt the worst I have ever experienced, I always avoid if I can.

Try Drogheda town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

It seems attitude of many is just the pits..parking in special needs space and blocking a yellow box my 2 main gripes!

Advertisement