Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any volunteers?

Options
  • 18-06-2014 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭

The Resources links page is seriously outdated - I'd be willing to update it if anyone was willing to assist.

The trans mega sticky may need to be looked at as well. Is the information there still relevant?

This is a call out for volunteers to assist in looking at both and updating them.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

I'll give it a shot if get a chance over the weekend to write a resource list

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

As a start what I am doing is going through existing links to see

1 are they working
    2 are they relevant

What I would like to do is have about maybe 8 - 10 headings

For example

Forums/Messageboards
    Sports/Social groups
    Rights/Equality groups
    Media - Online/Offline magazine
    Student and Youth
    Sexual Health
    Support groups or organisations
    Regional groups
    Scene Listings (maybe)
    Prides
    National organisations
    International organisations
    Health/Education (maybe)
    Religious/spiritual groups (maybe)

I'm flexible but to me it makes more sense to categorise the list.

It could be just one big list as well or the categories can be changed. They are only my suggestions.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BethG

I can have a look at the Trans section if you like. It may take me a few days, though.

BethG wrote: »
    I can have a look at the Trans section if you like. It may take me a few days, though.

Yeah sure

Its a bit all over the place tbh. There were some threads all just merged together.

Terry Pratchet

anyone want to help? or any suggestions?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I think we're off to a good start with the resource links page but a more robust list of regional groups/clubs would be good so if anyone is willing to add groups in their county that would be appreciated. Some more info about groups in Northern Ireland would be helpful too.

I think we're off to a good start with the resource links page but a more robust list of regional groups/clubs would be good so if anyone is willing to add groups in their county that would be appreciated. Some more info about groups in Northern Ireland would be helpful too.

Lash up anything you think needs to be included in this thread

Terry Pratchet

Bump

Volunteers needed :-)

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I have updated the resource page here

I have updated the resource page here

Thanks

I might rearrange it a little if that is ok

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Arrange as you see fit,

If anyone has anything they would like to add please post it here. County/regional groups would be good and more listings for Northern Ireland too, also any college/universities that I have missed (there are many)

Advertisement