Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gift grub help

• 07-06-2014 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey, I need your help badly! Approximately 10 years ago I had a cd, yes as outdated as it sounds now a cd! A few years before that people would have called it a mixtape! It had random songs of fleet wood mac, the eagles, don McLean and a good dose of Paul simon! I put this cd together myself, off other CDs and bits and bobs, I was the techie at the time! My issue and problem is this, I had a song on it, which I have not heard in 10 years and which I absolutely loved! When I moved house I lost the cd and the song! I have tried searching all variations for years since without success!

What I think I know of the song: time and memory may fail me;

Gift grub: Bertie singing "do it to me one more time" once is never enough, I think it was about the U2 gigs either in croke park or slane!

"Give the bleeding fans one more gig"
    Is another quote that I remember

That's it! If you could help find it you would help reunite me with a part of myself that I thought was lost but am looking to find!

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Paging mario rosenstock...

Please pick up a courtesy telephone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Bertie and Marios dirty weekend.

Should be there if you Google it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

This isn't facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SawTroll

I have a gift grub cd somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Is that you again Ian?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Kellyj9

wazky wrote: »
    Bertie and Marios dirty weekend.

Should be there if you Google it.

Tried that, didn't work, do u have a link?

Is that you again Ian?

No

SawTroll wrote: »
    I have a gift grub cd somewhere.

If it has that tune the I'd be happy to take it off you

grizzly wrote: »
    This isn't facebook.

I I thought Facebook would find it then I would post there, instead i thought here would be better to find a half remembered tune from many years ago! If I posted to Facebook, my friends would think I was mental!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not sure but is it "bye bye birdie"?

There is a thread in Music forum for "what's that song" if that helps.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Not sure but is it "bye bye birdie"?

There is a thread in Music forum for "what's that song" if that helps.

Thanks, do I know how I more the post to there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No, you don't :)

The Music forum is here, try there and hopefully someone will know there, or here.
    Either way good luck, I know how annoying it is when you can;t find a certain song.

Thanks, I have posted it there, it's been driving me mad for the last few years at this stage! I even sent Mario/today fm a mail but got no response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

you have pretty bad taste in music. and radio shows

you have pretty bad taste in music. and radio shows

I agree, it's pretty specific and pretty bad, I'm not saying it's the best tune of all time or my favourite, it's just driving me mad that I used to like but now can't hear it again! I'd say I would listen to it once or twice and be done with it for another few years

Advertisement