Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Success rate on scratch cards-lets test it AH

• 06-06-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Was chatting to a mate today about the success rate vs luck on all cash E1 scratch cards

I says lets say we test how many winners we can get

I purpose we invest E2 for two all cash scratch cards and lets see who wins and test the ratio

Just the two quid for whoever wants to do it..( obviously your paying for your own cards)

So AH s what you think of it

P.s mods if not happy with thread feel free to delete..just an mad idea by me

If your in lets do it in the morning..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Scratching them before you buy them is the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Alf. A. Male

Why test it when the percentage of winning cards is already published?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Not buying them at all is the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

I've just won €5000, twice. Thanks OP, this should be in Bargain Alerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

I just 5 €2 scratch cards today for a present, one had €4 on it.
    I've never heard of anymore than €25 being won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

fivers and free cards dont count ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

robertxxx wrote: »
    I just 5 €2 scratch cards today for a present, one had €4 on it.
    I've never heard of anymore than €25 being won.

See my post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Tardful Slakerly

A scratch card is the most depressing commodity in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Wrong, those small one person tins of beans is. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Yep. Anything where the company has control over how much they're going to allow the buyers to win and how often is a waste of money. Just like gambling machines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Would they not need to be purchased in one location to fully test the theory? How would we know if a winning card was bought before or after ours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Dont be a moaning michael

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Would they not need to be purchased in one location to fully test the theory? How would we know if a winning card was bought before or after ours?

Thats too much thinking there man..i just say we invest two quid, buy from wherever and just see if AH is lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I will answer all of your questions if you let me do the scratchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Tardful Slakerly

Wrong, those small one person tins of beans is. :D

In fairness you can eat them, and they're a good size for pegging at people (is something that always enters my mind when I see them). :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

keith16 wrote: »
    I will answer all of your questions if you let me do the scratchy.
    I'll collect the money, you do the scratchy. We tell everyone we won €2 and a free ticket. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Havant done one for years but once did 500 (punt) twice in the same year without scratching that many. I was a student and working in a garage that sold them so used to steal a few from time to time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Why pay to scratch a card when I've got a perfectly itchy taint for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

€10 a couple of times and that is since 1990 odd..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I'll collect the money, you do the scratchy. We tell everyone we won €2 and a free ticket. :cool:

A free ticket out of this thread baby :cool:

Sorry for saying "baby"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Dont call me Shirley

I'm reliably informed that Rehab are very successful with their scratch cards. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Don't know about All Cash, but the Aussie scratch cards seem to be generous enough! (the annoying sound goes away after 15 seconds or so)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

Aphex wrote: »
    Don't know about All Cash, but the Aussie scratch cards seem to be generous enough! (the annoying sound goes away after 15 seconds or so)

Lies! The austrialian accent is throughout the clip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I actually bought two today. Won two euro :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Used the two euro i won to get two more this morning. Won 2 euro on each one.

Total profit of 2 euro. Rolling in it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

A guy came to my house one night selling scratch cards, I scratched off three hurling sticks and got the shıte knocked out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

€50. I don't buy them very often so it was a lovely surprise :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

How long have you been working for the Lottery op?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭corner of hells

A friend. Of mine bloke I know , let's call him Scorebag one night decided to rob a newsagent with his girlfriend let's call her Syringe , can you get where I'm going with the names ? ..... Anyway the take from the job was about 53 Euros and bout 200 scratch cards .
    The two of them scratched away in their lovenest and out of two hundred cards they won about 40 Euros .

When he went to cash the cards in the shop he robbed them from , the newsagent rang the Gardai who arrived mob handed for the crime of the century and after a brief punch up he was dragged off , the Gardai told him that the serial numbers of the cards allowed them all to recognised as being robbed.

The profit for him was 18 months accommodation with full board in the MountjoyHilton , his girlfriend got 5 months in the Ladyjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

A friend. Of mine bloke I know , let's call him Scorebag one night decided to rob a newsagent with his girlfriend let's call her Syringe , can you get where I'm going with the names ? ..... Anyway the take from the job was about 53 Euros and bout 200 scratch cards .
    The two of them scratched away in their lovenest and out of two hundred cards they won about 40 Euros .

When he went to cash the cards in the shop he robbed them from , the newsagent rang the Gardai who arrived mob handed for the crime of the century and after a brief punch up he was dragged off , the Gardai told him that the serial numbers of the cards allowed them all to recognised as being robbed.

The profit for him was 18 months accommodation with full board in the MountjoyHilton , his girlfriend got 5 months in the Ladyjoy.

What a fcuking pair of donuts.

Of course they'd have serial numbers, but attempting to cash in forty euros worth from the very place you robbed them..........

Noobs. :D

Advertisement