Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's telling the truth - Irish Times or Irish independent ?

• 29-04-2014 6:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Following this afternoon's mini revolution when a lone rebel stormed Leinster House the following reports were written up by the two papers.

Indo. Garda slashed.

Times. No injuries.

My money is on the IT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Major celebration in a hundred years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

They're probably both telling the truth and one's just mistaken. There's no reason to assume either is lying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Lapin wrote: »
    Indo. Garda slashed.
    There's no mention of what the injuries are in the Indo report that I'm reading, so he may not have been "slashed", maybe the chap stomped on his toe or something.

I'm with you on the IT versus the Indo though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,918 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Garda "slashed"? Overly dramatic I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

No Pants wrote: »
    There's no mention of what the injuries are in the Indo report that I'm reading, so he may not have been "slashed", maybe the chap stomped on his toe or something.

I'm with you on the IT versus the Indo though.

Was only half listening to radio news but I think they said cut fingers. Not exactly slashed but not exactly uninjured either.

Two different news sited rushing to get the news out I suppose although one is obviously wrong

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The word 'slashed' was quoted from the Indo's FB page where I took the source from.

Not my word. All theirs.

Independent.ie shared a link.
    about an hour ago
    BREAKING: Garda slashed as man tries to enter Leinster House 'with sword and three knives'

Collie D wrote: »
    Two different news sited rushing to get the news out I suppose although one is obviously wrong
    Nick Davies wrote about the pressures of working in such a news environment. He was referring to the UK, but I'm sure that the same targets are in place here, giving the minimum amount of time to get a new story onto the website with only seconds allowed for proofreading, never mind fact checking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Thought was usually the TDs who get slashed in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Did the Indo manage to bring Rosanna Davison into the story?

Lapin wrote: »
    The word 'slashed' was quoted from the Indo's FB page where I took the source from.

Not my word. All theirs.

Independent.ie shared a link.
    about an hour ago
    BREAKING: Garda slashed as man tries to enter Leinster House 'with sword and three knives'
    Shows how quickly the site gets edited/amended. No mention of it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

All I know is my guy says maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Sherlock should of been slashed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

The IT is a ****ing rag of a paper.

I hate it with a passion , at least the indo doesn't hide what it is.

The IT masquerades behind this "paper of record" which is a sham. It a liberal rag for middle class labour voters who don't give a fcuk about anything bar their frothy coffee and social utopia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 38 Troy Lumberjack

Was it a Samurai sword? Doesn't really count unless it was "a crazed madman brandishing a Samurai Sword".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

This post has been deleted.

I wonder where they copied and reworded that from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭GaelMise

The IT masquerades behind this "paper of record" which is a sham. It a liberal rag for middle class labour voters who don't give a fcuk about anything bar their frothy coffee and social utopia.

I have to say that was one of the most fantasticly dense rants I have read on boards in a long time.

I doff my hat to you sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

All that caffeine is building up I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Prefer the Irish Times crossword.

Did the Indo manage to bring Rosanna Davison into the story?
    They really missed a trick there. Also no mention of whether someone wore an outfit twice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No Pants wrote: »
    They really missed a trick there. Also no mention of whether someone wore an outfit twice.

As long as pippa whatserface didn't fall off a horse, I'll be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

GaelMise wrote: »

I have to say that was one of the most fantasticly dense rants I have read on boards in a long time.

I doff my hat to you sir.

quite right, its a rag for far more than Labour voters!

Still an agenda driven rag pretending to be a newspaper though, much like the rest of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Didn't even read the OP but I'm gonna go with the IT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,918 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Headline on this morning's Irish Independent:

Roy Keane heading for exit door as job share idea is turned down

And now this afternoon:
    Roy Keane will not be going to Glasgow Celtic, Independent.ie can exclusively reveal.

That's how it's done folks. You scoop the readers in the morning and then you scoop them again a few hours later in the afternoon with a totally different outcome to same story you previously claimed was exclusive. That's how you run a newspaper.

I wish the Irish Times was as classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Maybe the guard pissed on your man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Neither.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

lolpapers

Advertisement