Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DARTs not stopping at all stations tonight? [21-12-2012]

• 22-12-2012 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭

When I left Clonsilla station tonight, and while waiting on a bus opposite the station, I heard an announcement over the air that darts were not stopping at a station for the rest of the night due to antisocial behavior.

I didn't hear what station it was because a car was passing.

Did anyone hear anymore about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

thomasj wrote: »
    When I left Clonsilla station tonight, and while waiting on a bus opposite the station, I heard an announcement over the air that darts were not stopping at a station for the rest of the night due to antisocial behavior.

I didn't hear what station it was because a car was passing.

Did anyone hear anymore about this?

Most likely "Kids" having a bit of festive fun...lettin off a bit of steam,y'know harmless stuff.

The children have been at a bit of a loss recently due to the mild-weather as the Council Gritting Crews were thus unavailable to throw rocks at and this has cauded some upset to the Kiddies.

http://www.herald.ie/news/lives-at-risk-as-hooligans-force-gritters-to-halt-work-3325969.html

If the weather changes for the worst all will be ok...nothing to worry about really...:(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Kilbarrack was the station they stopped serving because of stone throwing as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭thomasj

AlekSmart wrote: »

Most likely "Kids" having a bit of festive fun...lettin off a bit of steam,y'know harmless stuff.

The children have been at a bit of a loss recently due to the mild-weather as the Council Gritting Crews were thus unavailable to throw rocks at and this has cauded some upset to the Kiddies.

http://www.herald.ie/news/lives-at-risk-as-hooligans-force-gritters-to-halt-work-3325969.html

If the weather changes for the worst all will be ok...nothing to worry about really...:(

That's disgusting what they do, people just trying to do their job of making the roads safe for people to get around safely. The same type of people that would stone emergency services.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Kilbarrack was the station they stopped serving because of stone throwing as far as I know.

Yep it was mentioned by someone on twitter that they were only letting security off at kilbarrack no one else.

Irish rail also said on their twitter that it was attended by both gardai and security following stone throwing by youths.

That's disgusting what they do, people just trying to do their job of making the roads safe for people to get around safely. The same type of people that would stone emergency services.

You would expect that from that area you know its full of people living off the social and in council estates but yet if you ask parents they will blame anybody else and not take any responsibility for the scumbags they call family.

Its then these types that bring the whole area down where there are some good people who have to put up with the above stero type I have just worte about.

This post will probaly be removed soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

You would expect that from that area you know its full of people living off the social and in council estates but yet if you ask parents they will blame anybody else and not take any responsibility for the scumbags they call family.

In previous cases I've heard responses along the line of:

"Ah little Johnno was only having a bit fun like, sure what can you do, kids will be kids, he's a good lad really"

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

thomasj wrote: »
    Yep it was mentioned by someone on twitter that they were only letting security off at kilbarrack no one else.

that's completely unacceptable IMO, I presume IE were issuing refunds at least for anyone who wanted to get off there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

There's nothing for these little bundles of joy to do in this friggin country it's the Government's fault that these innocent lads are getting up to this sort of stuff - I mean, what else are they supposed to do? :rolleyes:

that's completely unacceptable IMO, I presume IE were issuing refunds at least for anyone who wanted to get off there?

Would imagine that only security were let off there for safety reasons, knowing the teens they would probably thrown stones at people there to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I used to walk to from Baldoyle to Howth Junction alone to get the 2220 Dart from Howth a few years ago every weeknight and there was never any trouble at Kilbarrack...or anywhere else for that matter..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Would imagine that only security were let off there for safety reasons, knowing the teens they would probably thrown stones at people there to.

no, it's purely to cover their own arses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

no, it's purely to cover their own arses

In what way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

dfx- wrote: »
    I used to walk to from Baldoyle to Howth Junction alone to get the 2220 Dart from Howth a few years ago every weeknight and there was never any trouble at Kilbarrack...or anywhere else for that matter..
    Ah, it must be the down turn in the economy that's making the poor rascals start it now.

Actually I saw this tweet last night
    James Garrigan (@GarriganJames) tweeted at 0:36 AM on Sun, Dec 23, 2012:
    @DonBalls awh well , better than my night anyway! Ended up with bottles and stones thrown at me and Karl in kilbarrack station #thuglife

Advertisement