Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yeats College Galway?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Liv16

Hi guys :) currently going into fifth year in my own school and going to yeats for 6th, was wonderin if anyone knows if there's accomidation in the actual college and what's it like? And do many people stay in the college accomidation or is it mostly b&bs?, Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ladymacbeth

Liv16 wrote: »
    Hi guys :) currently going into fifth year in my own school and going to yeats for 6th, was wonderin if anyone knows if there's accomidation in the actual college and what's it like? And do many people stay in the college accomidation or is it mostly b&bs?, Thanks :)

The accommodation is the b&b's on College Road

Ohrite, and do u walk or take bus in? :)

Ohrite, and do u walk or take bus in? :)

From the b&b's? They're right beside the school :)

Oh good thanks :D

• Advertisement

Oh good thanks :D

All a 2 minute walk from the bus station too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

B&B's are right beside the school all along college road, just up from the bus/train station which is a 2 minute walk away.

Some serve dinners, others don't.
    Prices range from 125 to 165, if I remember correctly. This usually depends on if you are getting dinners and if you are sharing/stayin in your own room.

As for Yeats itself, it is a tough transition, but just keep your head down and do your work on time, study what your told and always be organised and you should be fine.
    The teachers are very good and helpful. They are great for giving you time and if you ask, they may give you a grind/talk with you about something.

They are very strict on exams which are treated seriously. Towards the end of the year they send home letters telling your parents if you aren't doing well in a subject.
    At any stage throughout the year, they *may* send a text message home if you haven't your homework done/learnt.

Homework in Yeats almost always includes learning off notes of some sort. It's worth the effort though and if you just do as your told, you should have no problem there and in the LC.

Hope this helps.

All a 2 minute walk from the bus station too :)

That'll be really handy :) and do most people from outside of galway go to the b&bs on the Sunday night or early Monday morning?

Dapics wrote: »
    B&B's are right beside the school all along college road, just up from the bus/train station which is a 2 minute walk away.

Some serve dinners, others don't.
    Prices range from 125 to 165, if I remember correctly. This usually depends on if you are getting dinners and if you are sharing/stayin in your own room.

As for Yeats itself, it is a tough transition, but just keep your head down and do your work on time, study what your told and always be organised and you should be fine.
    The teachers are very good and helpful. They are great for giving you time and if you ask, they may give you a grind/talk with you about something.

They are very strict on exams which are treated seriously. Towards the end of the year they send home letters telling your parents if you aren't doing well in a subject.
    At any stage throughout the year, they *may* send a text message home if you haven't your homework done/learnt.

Homework in Yeats almost always includes learning off notes of some sort. It's worth the effort though and if you just do as your told, you should have no problem there and in the LC.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a million dapics! That was really helpful, it sounds pretty intense with all the study, much more stricter than the school I'm in now :L but u can have the craic during the day right? :)

Yeah, its a good buzz.

Most people are in the same boat, not knowing alot of people there/anyone there. You will enjoy it, everyone is civil and there are no cliques or anything as its impossible for them to form given the fact 75% of people there are going there for the first time.

• Advertisement

Ohrite that's grand thanks :) wud ya have the daily timetable handy? Coz i came across it ages ago and now can't find it anywhere

Ohrite that's grand thanks :) wud ya have the daily timetable handy? Coz i came across it ages ago and now can't find it anywhere

Well everyone's timetable is different.

But each class is 1 hour/55 minutes, with 7 classes each day. Most people will have two/three study classes each day where they go to their assigned study hall (alphabetically done).

Evening study starts from quarter to 6 till half 8, after christmas this goes to half 9.

Saturday study is on for the most of the year with sunday study on during the last few months.

Woah it a really long day, on the website it says theres facilitys like a gym and stuff, are u aloud use it after the evening study? And do ya have to stay for all of the evening study or cud ya walk out half way or what? :)

Woah it a really long day, on the website it says theres facilitys like a gym and stuff, are u aloud use it after the evening study? And do ya have to stay for all of the evening study or cud ya walk out half way or what? :)

You can leave evening study at half 8 if you want to. I doubt you'd have the energy to use the gym after study. I think the school closes after study anyways. Although I'm sure you can use it after study on the weekends

Advertisement