Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vostro laptop screen freezing

Options
  • 28-09-2007 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I got a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop about two weeks and everything is running fine but twice in that two weeks the system completely locked up and on the screen there was vertical lines in different shades of gray, the only way to get it going again is to reboot using the power button.

The system is

AMD Turion 64x2 TL60
    2 GB ram
    120 hard drive
    ATI RADEON Xpress 1150
    Windows vista business

I was thinking it may be a overheating problem or driver issue. I was wondering if anyone else have had problem with there’s.
    I ran the memory test as well just in case but all is well there.

Thanks mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,055 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

might be best to return it since its new, sounds like a hardware issue... unless you were messing about with drivers at the time or doing something weird shouldnt happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Markjf

Well just been on the phone to Dell support an Indian guy walked me though flashing the Bios and updating the video card drivers,
    He said he would give me a call back on Monday morning to see if the problem comes up again.

Thanks eolhc, I know a bit about computers but you are right with it being so new why spend hours trying to sort it out myself.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 30,055 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hope it fixes it for you

Actually, my current dell laptop, the day it was delivered from dell would not boot into windows properly, not a great sign. Luckily updating the graphics drivers fixed things.

Advertisement