Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long weekend recomendation

Options
  • 25-09-2014 1:49pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to bring my wife skiing for a long weekend early next year. Any recommendations for the places that this works well for and or accommodation recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

Rew wrote: »
    I want to bring my wife skiing for a long weekend early next year. Any recommendations for the places that this works well for and or accommodation recommendations?

my twoppence; saas fee, la thuile, engelberg, tignes (later in season). bigger resorts more difficult with sat-sat lettings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Garmisch - Forthaus Grasich, less than an hour from Munich in Rental car

Flaine - 35-40m from Geneva

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rikaiser

For just a long weekend skiing try going somewhere as near as possible, eg France. Fly in the afternoon/evening so that you have the full next day to start skiing. Just remember to find out how long it takes to get to your resort from the airport. Some places can be many hours away. I would recommend at least 3 days of skiing to get some benefit.
    The resorts that FMLarNaPairce are Fattes recommend are all good. The resorts in Austria are my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Aer Lingus flights to Munich are timed really well for a long weekend. lots of resorts within 90 min radius of airport- flight arrives Munich 10am so you can be in resirt by midday on first day, departs 8pm so you can ski till 4pm on last day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,091 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

You forgot to mention soll fanny!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Haha mahoney- we spoke about this. Ain't nobody got time for the shizzlestorms that go down when I mention Soll ;-) ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Don't overlook Lillehammer, short hop from Oslo by train. Enough skiing in hafjell for a long weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

That's progress Fanny!

OP, all of the above plus some similar meanderings that I posted in another thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92186599&postcount=8

Advertisement