Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manners: opinions sought

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

i don't get the hate on boards for passive-agression.

I love it and use it all the time esp at work - people know exactly what you mean (only a fool wouldn't get the point) and it has the added bonus of infuriating them.
    It can be a nice put down to somebody.

The person who was yapping away was a dick. end of.

I don't like passive aggressiveness, I would rather people were just straight up blunt about things.

It's like an argument tithering on the surface, just have the god damn argument and get over it. Don't be a sly cnut about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Person A was somewhat ignorant/rude, but I wouldn't terribly hold it against them. Why? Because Person B could always have politely interrupted and asked them to come along. Or could have headed off somewhere else.

Person B sat and stewed and then made a sarky, passive-aggressive comment which threw A off.

Neither party without blame here, but B made a lot of this happen for themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I have a friend who does this. Last time I was walking along the street with her, on a bitterly cold day, we had arranged to meet for lunch, and had loads to catch up on.
    She met someone she knows vaguely, and stopped to chat. I just said politely, look I will keep going, meet you there. Apart from anything else, the wind and rain certainly were putting me off standing there.
    In your case OP, I would have ordered a coffee or something, I wouldn't be bothered pulling the other person on what they had done.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

person B should have pouted,and stayed at the side of his friend,and pouted some more,maybe a sigh or two,maybe a not-too- discrete look at his watch. (ps,that is how rumours get started)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I LIKE CAKE!

• Advertisement
Advertisement