Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to expect from the Leaving Cert?

Options
  • 24-08-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

So I will be starting sixth year next week(having just come from 5th year). 5th year was definitely fast paced and certainly difficult and the work load was heavy. I would like to know what to expect from the leaving cert as I really am not looking forward to it,but then again,neither are my other classmates!
    I've heard many times most of the work is done in 5th year but obviously because it's the most important exam year,a lot will be expected..so just how heavy will the work load be..will it be much different from 5th year or basically just revision from 5th year with moving onto some new stuff?
    I can't say I worked very much in 5th year, My summer tests result weren't exactly glowing but I am prepared to work very hard this year and get good marks in my leaving cert. I may not be an excellent academic student but I am confident if I work,I can get the grades I want. I'm determined to do well :)
    So,would anyone have any advice on what to expect?
    Thanks in advance,would be very much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

The best advice I could give you is to stay on top of your work. You're gonna be getting lots of homework and I'd advise you to do it as soon as you're given it. Also, give yourself plenty of study breaks. You're gonna start feeling the heat if you study for hours on end without giving yourself a break. A consistent, steady pattern of work, sleep and eating properly will give you a fighting chance come next June.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

The best advice I could give you is to stay on top of your work. You're gonna be getting lots of homework and I'd advise you to do it as soon as you're given it. Also, give yourself plenty of study breaks. You're gonna start feeling the heat if you study for hours on end without giving yourself a break. A consistent, steady pattern of work, sleep and eating properly will give you a fighting chance come next June.

+1 on keeping on top of things! Dont let things build up as time flies till the mocks then orals. get all your projects done and dont leave them till the last minute :) of course eat healthy and exercise etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Look at all the repeat threads around here, that should be motivation enough. Work the hardest you can whilst keeping sane, I went from not being able to study for more than an hour to comfortably doing 4 hours by exam time. It's like exercise, you run you get more fitter, study and you can study more.

During holidays try to get study in over the course of the day, with hour slots here and there. It all adds up.

Try and balance out your subjects as well, I did more study for my weaker/behind on course subjects than the ones where my teacher was excellent and I was doing well in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Its work. Its heavy hitting work especially from christmas but the groundwork laid in 5th year will dictate how hard the work will really be.

Advertisement