Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Julie O Neill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Well is'nt that a Surprise !

Julie obviously has regained her ability to get a good nights rest after her statement to the Oireachtas that the Integrated Ticketing Scheme was "The only issue in her career that caused her to lose sleep " :eek:

She is obviously a highly valuable asset to Ryanair as may be evidenced by some of her own writings ....;)

http://pnd.hseland.ie/download/pdf/evpaper_julieoneill.pdf

Onwards and Upwards,one hopes ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

Oh my eyes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Well is'nt that a Surprise !

http://pnd.hseland.ie/download/pdf/evpaper_julieoneill.pdf

Onwards and Upwards,one hopes ?

That's how I like my presentations - garish to the max!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

V_Moth wrote: »
    That's how I like my presentations - garish to the max!

My god, that powerpoint is possibly one of the most appalling I have ever seen. It's like she purposefully did everything to ensure people reading would simply leave to avoid punishing their eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

dissed doc wrote: »
    My god, that powerpoint is possibly one of the most appalling I have ever seen. It's like she purposefully did everything to ensure people reading would simply leave to avoid punishing their eyes.
    She'll fit right in at Ryanair then, especially with the yellow on blue slide :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Alun wrote: »
    She'll fit right in at Ryanair then, especially with the yellow on blue slide :)

Director of Interior Design Strategy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

oh my eyes

I've worked for the likes of that. Sounds like a wagon to me.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

What's her current pension ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

On the board of Ryanair

Irish Times
    Hired by Nep O'Tism, no doubt...?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

dermo88 wrote: »
    I've worked for the likes of that. Sounds like a wagon to me.

Once my retinas recovered, the one enduring impression was that the presentation wasn't terribly impressive - it was just a cut and paste from some management books. Maybe that's why she felt compelled to blind the audience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,541 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hungerford wrote: »
    Once my retinas recovered, the one enduring impression was that the presentation wasn't terribly impressive - it was just a cut and paste from some management books.

There's an appalling amount of lazy sexual stereotyping in there too.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

parsi wrote: »
    What's her current pension ?

Interesting question Parsi,but it is a matter of public record I should imagine.

Julie had the good business sense to hang up her Departmental apron at just the right time too.

With a reported final salary of c. €270,000,I would expect her pension to be in the region of €165,000 per anum.

However,some figures from late 2011,post dating Julie's flight from the State's embrace give an up to date clue as to how the former movers and shakers are looked after...

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2011/09/27/00156.asp

Going on this (2011) position,a former Sec Gen would have a "Lump" (Tax Free) of c.€298,000 and an annual stipend of c.€99,500

I'm sure somebody will be along shortly with Julie's actual figures ;)
    She spent 37 years in the public service and was earning €270,000 as secretary general of the department.

However I do believe it's churlish to focus on any individuals entitlemens built up over a long-career wherever that may have been.

What I'm far more concerned about is the Gamekeeper turned Poacher element of these appointments,which I view as commercial entities such as Ryanair,seeking to frustrate if not completely thwart,Government policies decided during that Poachers tenure as Gamekeeper....but,that said,the business of business is business and there's no better Irish Owned Business these days than Ryanair :confused:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It's not meant to be churlish but I do have a problem with a civil servant who has reached the highest point in their department and who has retired becoming involved with a company whose surveillance and supervision was under their department's remit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭serfboard

AlekSmart wrote: »
    What I'm far more concerned about is the Gamekeeper turned Poacher element of these appointments,/QUOTE]
    parsi wrote: »
    It's not meant to be churlish but I do have a problem with a civil servant who has reached the highest point in their department and who has retired becoming involved with a company whose surveillance and supervision was under their department's remit.

I agree with both of these and I would apply the same to politicians too. However, we all know the purpose of these appointments is for one reason only - lobbying. Look at John Bruton in the IFSC or Tom Parlon in the CIF.

And Ryanair have previous in this regard - they appointed Ray MacSharry to their board as well ...

Advertisement