Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming For A Month In The USA

Options
  • 16-10-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Going to San Francisco for a month and I want to be able to use data while I am away. What are my options? Should I buy a pre-paid SIM card with a data plan over in the states or buy a bundle over here before I go? Has anyone done this before?

Any suggestions very welcome!

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Did it earlier this year.
    I'm with Meteor so bought their USA bundle before I left for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

frash wrote: »
    Did it earlier this year.
    I'm with Meteor so bought their USA bundle before I left for €20.

WOW! That is very very cheap and how much data did you have mate?

M

200MB
    May not seem a lot but lots of places over there have free WiFi so I had plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

frash wrote: »
    200MB
    May not seem a lot but lots of places over there have free WiFi so I had plenty

True mate....and if you go over the 200MB can you top up again and get another 200MB?

Just called my provider Vodafone and they can do nothing similar....not impressed at all at all to be honest! Looks like I'll be ditching them for Meteor, was that on PAUG mate or a contract?

Cheers,
    M

Contract.
    Presume you can buy another bundle but I didn't need to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement