Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The British Queens diamond jubilee

Options
  • 01-06-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

I don't want this to get very political but I'm wondering who in Ireland shall be watching the diamond jubilee this weekend and bank holiday?

I for one will be, mainly because of this river pageant and to see the crack of it all. :D

Let this also be the official "kind of political" diamond jubilee thread. :P

So will you be watching? :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

As Head of State of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (as well as some of her other stranger titles like Duke of Normandy), Auntie Lizzie Windsor is apolitical, therefore you have posted in the wrong forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

mathepac wrote: »
    As Head of State of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (as well as some of her other stranger titles like Duke of Normandy), Auntie Lizzie Windsor is apolitical, therefore you have posted in the wrong forum.

Well I know it's a politics forum but let's not make this argumental like the last jubilee thread. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

RobitTV wrote: »
    Well I know it's a politics forum but let's not make this argumental like the last jubilee thread. :pac:
    I'd prefer a thread about the fine week-end ahead, free from politics - I switched off the radio after voting yesterday; that's official on breaking news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Won't be watching it but I'd love to be there.

I was in London last year during the royal wedding and the atmosphere around town was electirc, likewise with the new years eve fireworks.

Nowhere throws a party like London !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

There's talk of them changing the format of 'The Voice'...oh wait, is this politics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

There's talk of them changing the format of 'The Voice'...oh wait, is this politics?

It can Be very much made into a proper political discussion, but why bother? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

RobitTV wrote: »
    I don't want this to get very political but I'm wondering who in Ireland shall be watching the diamond jubilee this weekend and bank holiday?

Royalists both English and Irish will be watching it as well as celebrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Don't really think this the forum for this.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement