Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom overcharging on bundle

Options
  • 27-01-2015 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

I signed up to eircom in May/June, the deal was 35€pm for 6 months and the 42€ pm thereafter. I got a billt today for €50. I queried this on their chat thing, they told me its what I signed up for. They cant provide me with a signed contract, I did sign a contract! they said its verbal. Is there a way to get a list of promos they had. Im 99.9% sure what im saying is right because I remember thinking its only a few euro more then vodafone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Ask them for recording of the verbal agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

I signed up in a carphone warehouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Have you the bundle name?

I have it at home alright, Ill have a look after work. theyre saying its eircom talk off peak and unlimited broadband

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    I have it at home alright, Ill have a look after work. theyre saying its eircom talk off peak and unlimited broadband

That bundle was 50 and gone to 53 with the recent price increase just announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

If they said it was done verbally then they should have a record of this. Alternatively you may be able to get out of your contract if you are affected by a price increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I can move this thread to the Talk to Eircom forum, if you so wish.

dudara

Don't think theres much point dudarra. Was kinda hoping to find if people signed up for the same deal. I wouldnt mind but my november bill was 35, my december one was 42 (what I taught it should be), my jan is 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If you signed up in CPW, did you get any paperwork at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Eircom are increasing their prices as advertised here and discussed here
    if you wish to downgrade or cancel you can call 1800 303 605. You can withdraw from your contract without penalty for 30 days after the issue date of the price change notice.

http://pressroom.eircom.net/press_releases/article/eircom_Announces_Price_Changes2/
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057369601

• Advertisement

I cant find the paperwork at home :(

Would there be anywhere that I could find their advertising from June? Ive tried googling bt it redirects to the current site

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

I cant find the paperwork at home :(

Would there be anywhere that I could find their advertising from June? Ive tried googling bt it redirects to the current site

If there was paperwork then they should have a copy have you check with the shop you signed up in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I signed up in a carphone warehouse

ask Eircom for a copy of your contract and if they can't provide it tell them there is no contract and walk, otherwise use the recent price rise to walk away without penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

foggy_lad wrote: »
    ask Eircom for a copy of your contract and if they can't provide it tell them there is no contract and walk, otherwise use the recent price rise to walk away without penalty.
    Rubbish. He has been receiving and paying for a service for the last 6 months, there is no doubt there is a contract. What is in doubt are the T&Cs, the OP can't yet show that the contract terms are what he believes them to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'd say cancel under the new conditions. Its the best you're going to get. I admit you are entitled to what you signed up to, but with the amount of variables involved, its easier to just move.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'd say cancel under the new conditions. Its the best you're going to get. I admit you are entitled to what you signed up to, but with the amount of variables involved, its easier to just move.

He's still back looking for a provider though. The issue seems to be the price but he hasn't quoted the same bundle available elsewhere for less. Vodefone may have been close but didn't beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

its prob vat

I went to where I signed up, they're convinced there was no bundle of 35 up to 50, they seem to think it was 35 up to 40 odd too. They don't keep the paperwork. Its not the money, its the principal. I'll put it down to experience of keep everything, get everything signed and read all fine print. Eircom don't seem too interested, Il pay them the extra 5 euro or so over the next 12 months But I think once they are up it will be bye bye eircom. The patriot in me signed for eircom (Irish company and all that lark) but Fool me once I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Here's a list a the various promotions eircom had/have running:

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/internet_special_offer.pdf

I signed up around that time last year, although i had etalk and efibre. I'm fairly certain the package was €45 for the advanced package and €50 for advanced unlimited. I got 15e discount for the first 6 months and as i signed up online i availed of a further discount of €5p/m for taking the efibre advanced unlimited package, so my bill after 6 months would have been 45e per month.

After you signed up did eircom not send you any emails stating the package and pricing you were on?

• Advertisement
Advertisement