Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE's The Consumer Show - Problems with your rented home?

Options
  • 27-01-2015 10:52am
    Company Representative Posts: 13 Verified rep

Hello all,

RTE's The Consumer Show is now on boards.ie and we want to hear about your consumer issues.

Right now we're looking to hear from anyone who's having trouble in their rented apartment or house.

Has your rent gone up? Do you have problems with your landlord? Or is the bank trying to repossess your home from your landlord.

Please get in touch with us via PM or email: consumers@rte.ie

Looking forward to hearing from you!

The Consumer Show team.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Have a look on the accommodation and property forum. There's plenty on this stuff over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I received an email from a person called Niamh from a hotmail address claiming to be from the consumer show.
    I assume that this is not an official email from consumer show. Can you confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@irelandrover - I will ask the admins to look into this.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I received an email from a person called Niamh from a hotmail address claiming to be from the consumer show.
    I assume that this is not an official email from consumer show. Can you confirm?

Did you tick that new "Third Party Email" thing in edit options maybe?

boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Did you tick that new "Third Party Email" thing in edit options maybe?

boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

I think it's the fact that it came from a hotmail account as opposed to @rte.ie that is the issue

• Advertisement

Third party email option is not ticked.

Issue is indeed that it came from a hotmail account. If the email is genuine I have no problem helping out by answering a few questions.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

dudara wrote: »
    @irelandrover - I will ask the admins to look into this.

dudara

Hi guys, any official emails from RTE Consumer Show should only come from an @rte.ie email address.

Please disregard any others and mark as Spam/Junk. Thanks :)

Thanks for the answer.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Just an update to this, official emails will actually be from @cocotelevision.ie email addresses.

(But not hotmail either way)

Advertisement