Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 19/01/2015 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Did HBK just turn up in the middle of a hunting trip, could he not leave the gear at home for one night.

Also even though i knew who was coming out, but when JBL said (during the ascension segment) that he'd rung a friend, for a split second, i was just waiting for the glass to shatter.....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Talk about burying the ascension

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really liked the show.

The Ascension don't feel like they'll get off the ground to me; their promos have been really dreadful so far, with their delivery sounding like a parody of Ultimate Warrior. And Bryan losing was a joke.

But otherwise, really enjoyed the show. Brock/Rollins are fantastic together, and I believe deserve a match without Cena tbh. Cena's got a different story going, more focused on a feud with Hunter, who is more focused on a feud with Sting, weirdly.

Ambrose getting a win was great (even if it's a "lol, the IC Champ loses again" moment). The nWo/DX/APA segment had me smiling all the way through. Flair took the punch like a boss, and if Reigns would dump the entrance (seriously, did he see the legends were in trouble and run from the back to the ring via the consession stands? Or does he gear up out in the foyer? It made sense for the Shield, cause they were outcasts from the lockerroom...), everything else about the segment was great.

Great show, miles and miles better than recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

The burying of Ascension is complete alright. What was the point of bringing them up from NXT if this all they'll do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Decent show. Rollin's botch was hilarious but he's been so great on the mic one slip up isn't a big deal.

Bryan's first RAW back and he jobs to Wyatt. Jaysus. I hope this is WWE logic at work and he wins Sunday. Anything else is pure insanity.

Big Show in the ring is horrendous but his mic work has been top notch lately.

I was initially annoyed the Ascension got their asses kicked like that. It was 7 on 2 I suppose and they get a rub just being in the ring with those guys. That Clothesline from Hell was sweet in fairness. They are suffering from some really awful writing, cringey promo tbh! I think they'll be alright, they need a really strong dominant win Sunday though. I think they'll get it.

Ambrose won a match!

Sting showing up was good(and necessary imo, as is his showing up on Sunday) and Brock going on a tear was good. I honestly don't know who's leaving with the strap or what they have planned for Rollins with the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭cagefactor

Are they turning Lesnar now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I don't get why people are complaining about Bryan losing? I think having Kane interfere (especially with the big match coming up on Smackdown) kept Bryan looking strong as well as keeping Bray strong (keeping his momentum from his feud with Ambrose). I'm actually looking forward to Smackdown this week now (Cena and Rollins have to be on it as well to sell a championship match that has been built to beautifully since Rollins was added).

Also Sting showing up and screwing Triple H again is brilliant. Again, Rollins losing because of a distraction keeps him looking strong and at least Cena didn't win this match because he rallied after having his ass handed to him for most of the match. If it turns out the McMahon was behind everything to do with Sting I'd be a happy man to be honest.

The Ascension just getting buried in that segment is stupid. Sure, they haven't been great on the stick since they came in but all the same, getting knocked about like jobbers to old guys is stupid and that's annoying. Still though, loved having the APA back and seeing JBL hit a clothesline from hell is awesome (even if he did then sit back down at the announcers desk and go back to being a heel).

All-in-all a very good Raw and go-home show. Hopefully they focus on the actual Rumble match on Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't help but notice how fit billy gunner still is guy hasn't lost a step

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Well that was a great end to the show. Didn't expect to see Sting until closer to Wrestlamania...guess that sets up him vs HHH so. For some reason, i totally marked out when Lesnars music hit at the end, even though i knew he was there already. It was done brilliantly.

My money is on Ziggler to win the Rumble now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I don't get why people are complaining about Bryan losing? I think having Kane interfere (especially with the big match coming up on Smackdown) kept Bryan looking strong as well as keeping Bray strong (keeping his momentum from his feud with Ambrose).

It did make Bryan look strong but its what happens come Smackdown and Royal Rumble will tell us if WWE have big plans for Bryan going into WM 31 or is he been given a nothing feud. To be honest WWE ain't stupid not to have Bryan in the RR, so I expect Bryan to win on Smackdown, he might get a beatdown at the end (they need to start laying off the underdog thing again and actually start having Bryan standing up and been a little bit kick ass, not every week getting his ass kicked).

I don't personally think he win the Rumble or that he get Lesnar (Bryan/Lesnar is the best match WWE can book come WM 31 for me). So WWE need to thread carefully with the way they book Bryan on his way to WM 31.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

Lord TSC wrote: »
    (even if it's a "lol, the IC Champ loses again" moment)

I'll never understand how They just stop doing things with Barrett when the belt is put on him. Five times.

It's like there's the base level when the title is thought to be enough and then a secret sub level opens up inside which Barrett will reside until he gets a good match to lose the belt in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I was disappointed to see Daniel Bryan lose to Bray Wyatt last night as well. But this pay per view seems to be fairly unpredictable going into it now. I know that WWE have a history of even when things seem slightly unpredictable, still going with what is the most obvious scenario, but it's still nice to have a glimmer of hope that we won't have Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXXI. Anyway, as Looper said, the best match would be Bryan/Lesnar.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't help but notice how fit billy gunner still is guy hasn't lost a step

51 apparently. He looks like he could still go without a bother.

Who's cena going to face at mania ? I for one have no idea unless he teams with sting to take on the authority

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

ricero wrote: »
    Who's cena going to face at mania ? I for one have no idea unless he teams with sting to take on the authority

Probably Rusev.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Don't think The Ascension are getting buried. People thought JBL was being harsh on them in commentary 2 weeks ago, it was a work which shows The Ascension have plans going forward

Now they have a PPV match with the NAOs. Great 1st month on main roster for them

I have to say Lesnar cleaning house was fecking awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Brock Lesnar at the end made me more excited than Sting. He really shone on last night's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So Brock is turning babyface? Came across that way to me. I feel a Heyman turn coming.

It's all built for Rollins to cash in , Maybe its just me but that's the only way i see it going , I hope Lesnar beats Cena again though 1st if they do it that way

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Don't think The Ascension are getting buried,Think they'll win at the Rumble and possibly get the straps at Wrestlemania.
    ricero wrote: »

Sting and his good friend Robocop.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brock Lesnar at the end made me more excited than Sting. He really shone on last night's episode.

As long as he don't speak and say baby :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bryan losing is a bit meh, but we really do need to get over it. he's not going to ever be booked like THE guy, so he's going to lose every so often. luckily, losing the odd match to make someone like Wyatt look strong isn't going to affect him much.

and yes, like many of you, I'm over Wyatt at this stage, but they're not. so if he needs to be strong, that wasn't a bad way of doing it.

Lesnar was the star of the show by a wide margin.

Lesnar's presence really exposes just how short on genuine stars WWE is. it makes me sympathise with them in terms of why they are trying to strap a rocket to Reigns. he has the aura and natural charisma to be the guy, but it's just unfortunate that every so often they keep trying to saddle him with a pseudo-Cena gimmick to see if it'd work.

i also love what they've done with Rollins. despite the fact reactions to him aren't always that vocal from the crowd, they've kept with him, and it could reap huge benefits for the company.

The Ascension's burial is no surprise. it reeks of Vince trying to make an example of his son-in-law's rival show.

Sting getting involved was well-timed and absolutely needed. keeps that ticking over nicely.

Wrestlemania as a whole could still turn into quite a show. whether we hate the other 9 months of the year or not, WWE generally know what they're doing in terms of key feuds from January through Wrestlemania. so we should have some fun for a few weeks now at least.

So a good go-home RAW. they hit the key points well and left you intrigued as to what will happen. well done to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

SlickRic wrote: »
    and yes, like many of you, I'm over Wyatt at this stage

Doubt it, nobody can go over Wyatt it seems.

I'd be just worried that Wyatt would be make Taker 21-2 , If that happens i might cry

I'd be just worried that Wyatt would be make Taker 21-2 , If that happens i might cry

im fine with wyatt beating taker as long as its takers last match and he gets to retire him. Needs a decent build though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

IF Taker is back for one more match, it will be a final hurrah imo; a match he wins and rides off into the sunset. Taker vs Bray would be perfect, story and character wise, and once Taker wins, he can disappear.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    Bryan losing is a bit meh, but we really do need to get over it. he's not going to ever be booked like THE guy, so he's going to lose every so often. luckily, losing the odd match to make someone like Wyatt look strong isn't going to affect him much.

I honestly don't mind if it's the odd match, but I feel it won't be; before his injury, Bryan was losing fairly regularly. Its how WWE book people that the crowd get behind but who they don't want to; give them matches but have people beat them. See Ambrose and Ziggler as other examples; they get the odd win, not the odd loss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bryan did not lose much before his injury and when he did it was rare for it to be clean, one on one. Wyatt did win at the rumble.

Normally he only lost thanks to shenanigans or in a tag match against the Shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Why do they call up the Ascension when they haven't a clue what to do with them.
    In the scrap heap with the likes of Bo Dallas, Xavier Woods and Adam Rose you go.

Btw they way to get knocked out properly was the way Flair did. Hilarious.
    The Rumble numbers video was underwhelming too :(

Advertisement