Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuji Track Classic/Fuji Feather

• 03-12-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My trusted hybrid was nicked last weekend :mad:

I need a new bike for commuting purposes and was looking at the option of a single speed and looking at the Fuji Track Classic and the Fuji Feather as they are in around my budget range.

Any thoughts/opinions on either bike?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

I bought a used '09 Fuji Track classic about a month ago.

It was my first fixed gear bike and I love it, literally looking for excuses to get on the bike!

Not many of the original parts are still on the frame so I can't say what the stock one is like. I'll weigh it later but it's pretty light for a steel frame bike.

I don't have any mud guards on it but you could fit a pair of Cruds I'm sure. I noticed the other day two holes on the inside of the chain stays so it could fit fenders but I'm not sure.

I'm not bothering with the single speed, have it set up with 42x18 and its a good enough gearing for town and hills - little spinny going downhill!

The BB and pedals have a good clearance height for hopping off curbs

If you're getting the Track get a front brake / straps / both and you'll be laughing

No experience of the Feather so I can't comment but it looks nice

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

granty1987 wrote: »
    I bought a used '09 Fuji Track classic about a month ago.

It was my first fixed gear bike and I love it, literally looking for excuses to get on the bike!

Not many of the original parts are still on the frame so I can't say what the stock one is like. I'll weigh it later but it's pretty light for a steel frame bike.

I don't have any mud guards on it but you could fit a pair of Cruds I'm sure. I noticed the other day two holes on the inside of the chain stays so it could fit fenders but I'm not sure.

I'm not bothering with the single speed, have it set up with 42x18 and its a good enough gearing for town and hills - little spinny going downhill!

The BB and pedals have a good clearance height for hopping off curbs

If you're getting the Track get a front brake / straps / both and you'll be laughing

No experience of the Feather so I can't comment but it looks nice

Hey - thanks a million for the reply. Sounds exactly what I am after. I'm going to go with the Track Classic. Thanks again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Where you buying it?

fat bloke wrote: »
    Where you buying it?

Top Bike Shop - Clontarf.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I have a ten year old Fuji track classic as my track bike. It's awesome. Her name is Rosa ;) In all seriousness, she's pretty original apart from the back wheel. BB is pretty scrappy, I'll be repaving that. There is also a quill stem in it but I imagine the newer ones are not! The bars and stem were swapped out too. It's super light for a steel bike, I find it a bit flexy on track and the turbo but again it's ten years old and I have never cycled it on the road so you'd probably not notice the flex as much on the road. Awesome bike.

Don't know anything about the Feather.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Got one last year, great bike. Stock stuff is grand. Feather has a quill stem, classic has a threadless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I've been riding a Classic for four years now. Raced it on track and then used for commuting. It's a nice bike. I never liked the bars so they were changed and I hated the wheels and upgraded them too, too heavy... Not stuff enough. But otherwise everything is still stock and doing well. Headset probably needs a regrease bits more via lack of basic care tbh.

5/5 would recommend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Agree with Harry, wheels are low end but grand for commuting. First thing I upgraded. Mine came with brakes, the bars are a little shallow for drops bit grand for commuting.

Thanks for all the replies and information :D

Advertisement