Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway to Carlow/Kilkenny?

Options
  • 15-03-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for the easiest route from Galway to Carlow or Kilkenny (preferably by bus)

Bus Eireann only go via Busaras, and JJ Kavanagh do the route but only on Fridays.

Any alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Try the choo-choo. Did it last year. You change at Kildare but its more comfortable than a bus and the wait in Kildare wasn't too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,892 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I don't think the Galway-Dublin train stops in Kildare anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Only the 5:20am train stops in Kildare.... too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭patrickc

Mr E wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Looking for the easiest route from Galway to Carlow or Kilkenny (preferably by bus)

Bus Eireann only go via Busaras, and JJ Kavanagh do the route but only on Fridays.

Any alternatives?

buseireann go through athlone.. to carlow/kilkenny twice a day

http://194.106.151.88/jplan/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=2&ident=j4.0459188.1205628352&OK#focus

look at the 5.30 option there

also if you leave galway at 7.30am the same applies

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cheers Patrick... that'll do it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭patrickc

Mr E wrote: »
    Cheers Patrick... that'll do it! :)

no bother mr e , handier than going the busaras way, done it myself in my no car days

Advertisement