Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Using side mirror when reversing around a corner.

Options
  • 06-10-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering whether or not you are allowed to use the electronic controller, to move the side mirror to a preferred direction when reversing around a corner?
    I find it is alot easier when it is direct toward te curb.:)

GRMA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

yeah, you should use all mirrors available to you, just remember to put the mirror back before you drive off.

I forgot. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

You can, but my instructor told me not to, because if you forget to re adjust it afterwards you'll get marked for observation turning left for every left turn you take.
    Why not buy one of the small circular blind spot mirrors for about a fiver, you can see the corner the whole way around with these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

newbie2 wrote: »
    yeah, you should use all mirrors available to you, just remember to put the mirror back before you drive off.

I forgot. :(

Same here :pac: I somehow set mine to lower when I put it into reverse but it takes 20 seconds to come back up when I pull off, so maybe a turn or two with it not fully up. Examiner didn't notice, my adi killed me in pretests for having it set like that and warned me I'd forget. Only realised when I went to park when I got home. :) Haven't hade to reverse around a corner since then.

Suppose it was because I didn't manually move it.

So OP don't forget you can fail a test if you leave it down. Horrible way to fail.

Advertisement