Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Log book

Options
  • 30-09-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭

Do you need the log book for the driving test or will they just look at the online version?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Online but bring it just in case. No one I know including myself has been asked for it who did it recently. I brought it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Do you need the log book for the driving test or will they just look at the online version?

Bring it
    A tester recently made an issue of it with a learner
    They hadn't got it, test proceeded, but Learner had been unsettled by encounter

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭I can't tell you why

Taken from an email from Michael Dolan, ADI Chief Examiner.

"I refer to earlier correspondence relating to changes to the Standard Procedures for conducting practical driving tests coming into effect on 1st February 2013.
    As advised, Driver Testers will no longer be checking Learners EDT logbooks - for Category B driving tests."

You don't need to bring a logbook. If a tester were to make an issue of it, the learner would have good grounds for an appeal if they failed.

Taken from an email from Michael Dolan, ADI Chief Examiner.

"I refer to earlier correspondence relating to changes to the Standard Procedures for conducting practical driving tests coming into effect on 1st February 2013.
    As advised, Driver Testers will no longer be checking Learners EDT logbooks - for Category B driving tests."

You don't need to bring a logbook. If a tester were to make an issue of it, the learner would have good grounds for an appeal if they failed.

District Court and he says she says and if you win .............
    A free test probably with a Supervisor attending also..........

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

It's totally clear. From February this year logbooks do not need to be presented to the tester. Any ADI aware of any request should bring it to the attention of the testing supervisor for their area.

• Advertisement

It's totally clear. From February this year logbooks do not need to be presented to the tester. Any ADI aware of any request should bring it to the attention of the testing supervisor for their area.

And this been done what do you think the reply was?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

Motor-Ed wrote: »
    And this been done what do you think the reply was?

Go on....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Marks Motoring

Go on....

I'd like to hear about this encounter myself

I'd like to hear about this encounter myself

The supervisor says the tester denies the incident, which is a standard response, roll on attended tests..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭J_R

Motor-Ed wrote: »
    The supervisor says the tester denies the incident, which is a standard response, roll on attended tests..

Hi,

But mission accomplished. The examiner now knows the new procedure regarding the log books. And he wont' do it again.

But it would have been nice to have received an apology.

But I disagree that it is standard response. I have twice received apologies AND assurances it would not happen again when I complained regarding incorrect markings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement