Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learner problem

Options
  • 30-09-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

So far I have taken two lessons, on my second lesson my instructor said the system did not recognise my driver number on my first lesson so he looked looked at my licence again and try again haven't heard anything from him

Today I found out you can check status on edt website on your lesson I was able to login no problem so why is he not able to login

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

Davy1719 wrote: »
    So far I have taken two lessons, on my second lesson my instructor said the system did not recognise my driver number on my first lesson so he looked looked at my licence again and try again haven't heard anything from him

Today I found out you can check status on edt website on your lesson I was able to login no problem so why is he not able to login

He's possibly putting some details in incorrect be it driver no; or dob, if any detail is incorrect then it won't load

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭I can't tell you why

When you logged on did you see the lessons you did as complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Davy1719

When you logged on did you see the lessons you did as complete?

No there was just a dash (-) there nothing else

But on the logbook cover number there is five digits but on the pages there are six digits, the sixth digit is a 0 at the begining the the same number as the front
    Does that make a difference

But on the logbook cover number there is five digits but on the pages there are six digits, the sixth digit is a 0 at the begining the the same number as the front

Seems the lessons have not been uploaded yet. The extra digit should not be causing problems any more. There have been lots of glitches in the EDT portal where we upload the lessons. Give your instructor a chance. Many ADIs don't upload lessons daily or weekly. You are in no rush, just yet. But do talk to your instructor about it when you see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

The logbooks have to be uploaded as a 6 digit no;
    Therefore 12345 goes up as 012345

• Advertisement

Motor-Ed wrote: »
    The logbooks have to be uploaded as a 6 digit no;
    Therefore 12345 goes up as 012345

As a mention, if you're using the spread sheet to upload lessons you don't need to type in 6 digits anymore. It autocorrects the 5 digit numbers.

Advertisement