Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For Environmentally Friendly Taxi??

Options
  • 13-03-2008 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Are there any taxi companies / drivers out there with hybrid cars? I am organising an event in April and need drivers for the guests...

?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm nearly certain I've seen a Prius with hack plates on it Maynooth before.

However, due to the majority of current hybrids being a con, pretty much any modern diesel is more 'environmentally friendly' than them. Lower fuel consumption, lower carbon emissions, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

MYOB wrote: »
    I'm nearly certain I've seen a Prius with hack plates on it Maynooth before.

However, due to the majority of current hybrids being a con, pretty much any modern diesel is more 'environmentally friendly' than them. Lower fuel consumption, lower carbon emissions, etc.

There is a few Toyota Prius taxis operating in the Dublin area. I don't know of any drivers personally so can't personally help you.

Maybe, OP, if you rang the major radio companies a good few days in advance, they might put a few your way but don't get the hopes up too high of getting any on the day; it's real straw grasping to achieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You talking about those carts that people pull around. Can't get more emission free...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Read this link to a Dublin taxi drivers blog...in this post he introduces us to his new car....a Prius http://dublintaxi.blogspot.com/2008/02/new-arrival.html
    I don't know him personally but he seems like a good sort.

bet it's thirstier than my 1.9 tdi :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

What about those ecocabs? :p

www.ecocabs.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hamndegger wrote: »
    There is a few Toyota Prius taxis operating in the Dublin area. I don't know of any drivers personally so can't personally help you.

Maybe, OP, if you rang the major radio companies a good few days in advance, they might put a few your way but don't get the hopes up too high of getting any on the day; it's real straw grasping to achieve it.

I'd say if you ring the companies they'll promise you the all the Priuses (sp?) they have and at the time you'll get whats nearest.

Are all Taxis not considered enviromentaly friendly as they are public use vehicles and remove the need for people to own their own cars (in an ideal world)

OP if you are bringing a lot of people to an event would it not be better to hire a bus, less vehicles being used?

Advertisement