Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New (OLD) bus service Portlaoise-Dublin Airport

• 21-01-2008 1:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭

A new bus service is now in operation serving Portlaoise, Kildare, Newbridge, Naas, Green Isle Clondalkin, Red Cow Luas and Dublin Airport.

http://www.dublincoach.com/

This is being operated by by the former owners of Aircoach who still own Quick-Park and is very similar to the un-successful Portlaoise-Airport route that used to run as part of the Aircoach operation until a few years ago.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

One wonders how long this will last, considering the lifespan of operators on that route post-Aircoach.

I think one only lasted a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,585 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That timetable has some hopelessly optomistic Red Cow -> Airport times. 30 minutes at 6pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

BuffyBot wrote: »
    One wonders how long this will last, considering the lifespan of operators on that route post-Aircoach.

I think one only lasted a week.
    It was much longer than a week. The company which took over that route must have had some connection with Aircoach though (I can't recall their name now) as their buses were regularly in the Aircoach garage or parked up overnight in QuickPark.

Was it Aircoach under another name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

t was much longer than a week.

No, trust me, there was one operator who lasted a week, two max before giving it up. When Aircoach gave it up they were one of the few souls who tried to make the route work afterwards.

For a long time there has been no service so I do wonder how this one will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It was much longer than a week. The company which took over that route must have had some connection with Aircoach though (I can't recall their name now) as their buses were regularly in the Aircoach garage or parked up overnight in QuickPark.

Was it Aircoach under another name?

The company that ran it under Aircoach for a few months right after they pulled out was Probus of Kenmare using silver Mercedes/Setra coaches. The 3 Mercedes/Setra coaches now painted in the QuickPark livery running the service are hired to Dublin Coach from Probus.

If there was another operator who only lasted a week I don't know about them, not that I'm saying BuffyBot is wrong though. With the farce that is private bus regulation in Ireland it wouldn't surprise me at all. There has been a number of operations that have started and finished in various parts of the country in short order that I know of and no doubt lots more that I don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

i see there using mini coaches on this service a lot now

Advertisement