Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mizen to Malin

• 20-07-2014 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭

Well Im off doin a solo m2m on tuesday ,combining wild camping ,hostels and if I really need it the occasional b+b. travelling as light as poss even if I do hav a tent etc. Im really excited about this and a little nervous tbh , so any tips/advice would be welcome .lookin to go along west coast and do 120/150 km a day . 6 days . So if u see an old fart on a mercian 531 lookin a little tired if happy said hi .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

Best of luck with that!!

Nice one, keep us informed of your progress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

excellent, myself and a buddy have our sights set on this for next year. let me know how you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jitterbug1974

Best of luck and ride safe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

That's a serious amount of cycling OP. Best of luck !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

I love to hear of this kind of trips, your going to have to get some sun creams! happy trails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭moggie123

Well I finished my M2M .done in six days but could hav done it quicker I guess. took a very enlongated coastal route.I have to say it was great overall ,learnt a lot about future touring trips,but solo is definitely the way to go for me in terms of both the feeling of accomplishment and the ease of travel.I never once felt lonely but I found it good to post on fb once a night to tell mates how i was getting on .Met lots of people, saw amazing scenery and hopefully got a little more bike fit.Scotland nex year I think .If anyone wants any info to help ther M2M dont hesitate (just dont want to bore!!) Thanks to all Information I gleaned from past posts on touring and M2M It really helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

moggie123 wrote: »
    Well I finished my M2M .done in six days but could hav done it quicker I guess. took a very enlongated coastal route.I have to say it was great overall ,learnt a lot about future touring trips,but solo is definitely the way to go for me in terms of both the feeling of accomplishment and the ease of travel.I never once felt lonely but I found it good to post on fb once a night to tell mates how i was getting on .Met lots of people, saw amazing scenery and hopefully got a little more bike fit.Scotland nex year I think .If anyone wants any info to help ther M2M dont hesitate (just dont want to bore!!) Thanks to all Information I gleaned from past posts on touring and M2M It really helped.

Congratulations, what you did is some accomplishment! Fair play to ya! I'd like to do this myself one day and would love to get more information & tips from you. Perhaps you may like to share your tips here as it seems like I'm not the one that would be interested?

Would be interested in the route you took as well. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'm just after completing M2M last Friday. Done it over 5 days.

Mizen to Tralee
    Tralee to lisdoonvarnagh
    Lisdoonvarna to Claremorris
    Claremorris to Donegal town
    Donegal town to Malin head.

It was absolutely fantastic, the weather was so good and we even had a tall wind the last few days but no more than a breeze other days.

Our route took in Caha pass, molls gap and the cliffs of Moher (the climb up to
    The car park/visitors centre is a real leg breaker) I think we averaged around 125km a day which wasn't overly exerting and once you leave Co Clare the route is more or less flat until you get to Donegal but nothing serious except for the final climb up to Bambas Crown at Malin head which I think is something like 17degrees incline in places but it's only a short climb and within yards of the end so adrenalin/excitement will take even the weakest cyclist up it!

Advertisement